Best 24 Minute Le Mans/ Nurburgring Cars?

• Thread starter NGHTMRES
  • 74 comments
I can definitely tell you the Worst car for the Nurburgring. The Lambo Murcielago Superveloce is annoying in the dry, it's absolutely impossible in the wet... I've even won the 24 minutes in the Tajima, and that car doesn't even have any headlights. It's still less annoying than the Lamborghini...

I'm still baffled by the fact that someone who can gold the Red Bull Challenge in GT5 on the first try, can't beat the Red Bull Standard championship in GT6, I call BS.
I had more trouble out of the final S. Vettel challenge in GT6 than all the Red Bull events in GT5 combined :lol:.

For the Nurburgring race, I used the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98. I managed to catch up to the BMW McLaren F1 GTR (who started first BTW) halfway through the first lap. I pitted twice in the race, but I still was in the lead for a good chunk of time.

Also, the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evo 2 Rally Car '86 works too.

Last edited:
I know its a bit off topic but I can't get on with the red bull standards at all.. Any tips ?
Btw I did all the s class with the LCC rocket except le mans where I did it with the 908 evo...

At Le Mans, the 908 is pretty much unbeatable I find. For the Nordschleife I used a tweaked LCC Rocket; wouldn't recommend it to other DS3 users though, far too tail happy in the wet :P

Do you want me to take a picture?
How is a picture going to prove that you did it on your first attempt? That's what I'm calling BS on, in GT5 it would've taken tremendous skill to get gold on the Vettel Challenge on your first attempt. If you did this, you have tremendous skill, like out of this world skill, therefore you should have no problem at all with the Standard Red Bull championship.

How is a picture going to prove that you did it on your first attempt? That's what I'm calling BS on, in GT5 it would've taken tremendous skill to get gold on the Vettel Challenge on your first attempt. If you did this, you have tremendous skill, like out of this world skill, therefore you should have no problem at all with the Standard Red Bull championship.

I went on GT5 for the first time in like a year and I checked and I got *bronze* on all events my first try. I swear I golded them, but I guess not. My apologies man.

I went on GT5 for the first time in like a year and I checked and I got *bronze* on all events my first try. I swear I golded them, but I guess not. My apologies man.
No apologies needed, bronze I can believe, gold was a little far fetched, if you were able to gold them on the first attempt, you'd be a god.

What was so hard about it? Wasn't it a time trial? I cannot remember.
Time trial with Vettel's ghost (this one you could actually believe was Vettel unlike GT6 where I just passed Seb without much trouble at all). The times were pretty quick for gold and the track limits were pretty tight too, so the slightest of a mistake meant no gold for you, or DQ.

I've tried almost everything that I could think off and with no success :-(
I am desperate... Please help!!!
I don't know how do you people can drive non LMP car and win this events?!?!?!?!?

Last night I've decided to spend some money I have earned and both my self delta wing. At first I thought that I have thrown away 2.5 m of credits, but after some usual get to know with the car, I've won 24 minutes of SPA with 1 lap advantage over competition. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I've tried almost everything that I could think off and with no success :-(
I am desperate... Please help!!!
I don't know how do you people can drive non LMP car and win this events?!?!?!?!?
On the Ring it's quite easy in a 500pp AWD car, it doesn't need to pit for fuel and tires. Also make sure you choose RH or RS tires, they work fine in GT6 for rain...

For the doubters, fully modded, slightly tuned 106...that was fun...494pp
image.jpg

Last edited:
The rain doesn't get me, it's the pit stops that get me. I'm trying to find a car that doesnt need to pit the whole time
Just reminding you you can adjust the display lighting when it gets dark from the pause menu:tup:. It generally makes boundary lines and objects above ground show up farther off. But you'll want to remember to turn it back down when it's light again as it'll do less and less good if you get used to the brighter screen.

For a no-pit cheapo car, the FR Subaru GT300 base model race car will go all three laps on fuel and one set of RS tires. The fastest Subarus are the Super Touring Car and the '03 Advan race car (this car turns REALLY well, but you have to be a bit easier in the rain because of it) but each require one pit stop, best done after the first lap so the tires wear in a bit on the third lap. With these cars you can finish the race in 26 minutes or less, which should beat the tar out of the AI.

I'm starting to wonder (I can't remember) if the first win needs a hoss like the Ford GT or LMP cars, then the AI goes dumb. Thoughts? Recollections?

Any specific recommendations and possible set up? THANK TOY!
Get an STi, get it to 500pp, custom transmission (test on the long straight to make sure you have enough gear, I believe I set mine to 300km/h), custom suspension (I lowered mine by 15, and I stiffened the springs by 1.0), and lastly, racing hard tires. Do not pit.

Get an STi, get it to 500pp, custom transmission (test on the long straight to make sure you have enough gear, I believe I set mine to 300km/h), custom suspension (I lowered mine by 15, and I stiffened the springs by 1.0), and lastly, racing hard tires. Do not pit.
Are you describing the Subaru STi? Looks like a Focus, kinda sorta? It'll do the three laps on RS too.👍

Are you describing the Subaru STi? Looks like a Focus, kinda sorta? It'll do the three laps on RS too.👍
I'm describing a regular street car, IIRC it's a 2011 Subaru Inpreza WRX STi. It's not a race car, just a regular Scoobie Sedan. Yeah RS will work as well, but I found the RH tires suit my driving style more yesterday...

Last edited:
I'm describing a regular street car, IIRC it's a 2011 Subaru Inpreza WRX STi. It's not a race car, just a regular Scoobie Sedan. Yeah RS will work as well, but I found the RH tires suit my driving style more yesterday...
Spec C '09? That's what I was talking about. Looked like a hatchback to me. But great fun. I've also done it in the 22B, with times inching back up to that 29 minute mark.

Spec C '09? That's what I was talking about. Looked like a hatchback to me. But great fun. I've also done it in the 22B, with times inching back up to that 29 minute mark.
No, not the hatchback, the newest model STi, sedan 2010. I still found the 106 to be the most fun, I'm about to do it with a CRX...
image.jpg
So the CRX was fun too...

Last edited:

Thank you a lot. I will give it a try later on!

Car is so much fun to drive. Listen to your advice but I'vw run out of fuel on last lap?!?!

Back