Best 24 Minute Le Mans/ Nurburgring Cars?

• Thread starter NGHTMRES
  • 74 comments
Maybe, because I have upgrade my car with all available power options, so it become thirsty :-)?
Probably, you only need a few upgrades to make 500pp, I used exhaust, intake, ecu, and all non power options, I didn't touch the weight reduction or anything. I won by over 37 seconds.

The easiest car to drive on that wet Nurburgring24H 24min challenge is the Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08...It is 4wd and has a very good yellow lighting...

And as someone said, it`s a good idea when You START the race, and then immedeatly there after press the triangular "start" button on Your controller (guess it`s the same on a steering wheel?), choose that pause menu, and find the illumination (or what it`s called) and turn it up to max. Then choose "continue" It helps in the darkness..I do it too...

I don`t know if that Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08 can run all 3 laps without pitting in, but You should be able to win easily with it anyway...If You give it 600pp and race soft, You should be able to win with 1-2 minutes with 1 pitstop after round 2...And tank it with some 20 liters, don`t accept what they propose, it takes longer time to fill in +50liters, and You don`t need that much...I guess it can go all 3 laps without a pitstop, but I`m not sure, didn`t try it...Or choose to give it fewer pp`s, that will make it easier to drive...

Another good car to win with is the Opel Calibra Touring Car (also 4wd), but it costs more than 1million cr. And it`s not even near to the Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08 when it comes to driveability...BUT that Opel can do all 3 laps without pitting. (I tried it) Give it some 550pp....

The easiest car to drive on that wet Nurburgring24H 24min challenge is the Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08...It is 4wd and has a very good yellow lighting...

And as someone said, it`s a good idea when You START the race, and then immedeatly there after press the triangular "start" button on Your controller (guess it`s the same on a steering wheel?), choose that pause menu, and find the illumination (or what it`s called) and turn it up to max. Then choose "continue" It helps in the darkness..I do it too...

I don`t know if that Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08 can run all 3 laps without pitting in, but You should be able to win easily with it anyway...If You give it 600pp and race soft, You should be able to win with 1-2 minutes with 1 pitstop after round 2...And tank it with some 20 liters, don`t accept what they propose, it takes longer time to fill in +50liters, and You don`t need that much...I guess it can go all 3 laps without a pitstop, but I`m not sure, didn`t try it...Or choose to give it fewer pp`s, that will make it easier to drive...

Another good car to win with is the Opel Calibra Touring Car (also 4wd), but it costs more than 1million cr. And it`s not even near to the Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08 when it comes to driveability...BUT that Opel can do all 3 laps without pitting. (I tried it) Give it some 550pp....
If you'll pit after the first lap, the tires don't wear in the rain, but will begin to wear at the end, so that for the thrid lap if you've gotten them to 8's or so you'll get the "full" RS treatment.:cheers:

If you'll pit after the first lap, the tires don't wear in the rain, but will begin to wear at the end, so that for the thrid lap if you've gotten them to 8's or so you'll get the "full" RS treatment.:cheers:

What's a good tune for the Audi R8 LMS ulta team phoenix? I bought it to use on the nur s race

Finaly got to my last S race at Le Mans, first try on stock 787B on racing hard. Pit stops at the end of lap 2 and 4, crossed the line into lap 7 with 20 sec remaining so i cruized the last lap so i had enough fuel (AI pitted on lap 6). Still won by 50 seconds.

S races were super fun. Need to try them in non LMP cars.

Edit: DeifieD, what specs on the CRX (PP)?

Finaly got to my last S race at Le Mans, first try on stock 787B on racing hard. Pit stops at the end of lap 2 and 4, crossed the line into lap 7 with 20 sec remaining so i cruized the last lap so i had enough fuel (AI pitted on lap 6). Still won by 50 seconds.

S races were super fun. Need to try them in non LMP cars.

Edit: DeifieD, what specs on the CRX (PP)?
Fully modified including weight reductions...I believe it ended up being 494pp...

What's a good tune for the Audi R8 LMS ulta team phoenix? I bought it to use on the nur s race
Remember I told you I liked these conversations because you were going over things I needed to go back to because of updates and such? The Ultra is one of those:lol:. I have no tune for that car as of yet. I test on Nurburgring and while the cattleshoot onto the front straight when well, the attempt to whoa it down for the right hairpin had me cussing and laughing so hard I had to just put it away:cool:. I'd check the tuning threads on here to see if anyone's put one out for that car:cheers:

Yo D! I haven't braved the loss quite on your level, yet, but I'm getting closer:lol:. 2 new cars for the Nurb24: Mazda Roadster Race Car (the TC from GT5) and the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 (street car). I wasn't paying attention and pitted the Roadster, but it can do all 3 on a tank with NO sweat and it's a blast to drive a convertible in the rain and dark:lol:! I also forgot after a quick test to adjust the top speed, so left it at 190 (I thought it would go faster! What?!?:lol:) and ended up with a jaw-dropping heart-pounding 149 bogged down mph!:lol::dunce::lol:The Atenza needs to pit, and not just for fuel. I recommend after dolling it up to add back just enough weight to scootch the weight ratio back a bit. It's a little rough on the front tires. :cheers:

EDIT: NGHTMRES: Just pulled my Audi R8 5.2 out of mothballs....haven't done the Ultra yet, but if haven't gotten yours to behave yet, try this:
lower ride height to 90/95
Bump front dampers up 2 each
match rear springs to front setting
lower rear LSD settings to 6/22/13

Set your brakes to however you like them, don't worry too much about aero. The 5.2 gets 620PP without turbo, more than enough for Nurb, and on any tires with TC at 1 and ABS1, with NO SRF this car is now a threat to my best Ford GT Test Spec II time.
PD is definitely fixing some things, but I think ride-height is still an issue, meaning backwards in effect. If you have a problem with the rear sliding out too much, raise the rear height a bit and retest.:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm very surprised no one mentioned the LCC Rocket!

That thing is very underrated, and doesn't seem like the kind of car to win these races ... but trust me, it works. I put a ton of miles on that thing winning the S class races. It has superior fuel economy and tire wear compared to the other S class cars.

I was going to suggest this car also. I've used it in all the S events with no problem (except the ring where I used a different car just because I wanted to change it up), often winning by more than a lap. Major advantages are 1) you won't have to pit for tires even when using Racing Softs (they will get a bit "squishy" by the end of some of the events, but nothing you can't handle), and 2) you won't have to pit for fuel either! So zero pit stops. That pretty much spells it out. In 24 minutes of LeMans you might run behind the lead cars by quite a bit until they make their last pit stop, which they seem to have to do before their very last lap. Bad for them but good for you...

The only disadvantage is that you might feel like you are cheating because it does make the S events feel pretty darn easy.

If you have trouble with the LCC Rocket oversteering easily on-throttle and don't use TC (I don't), then give this a try: put in the customizable LSD and set the initial and acceleration settings both to 5. This will minimize the tendency of this very light car to spin up both rears simultaneously and cause difficult-to-correct on-throttle-oversteer.

BTW. even in the wet events I never bother with rain tires on this car. I just stick RS tires on it for these events and they seem to work fine. I suspect that PD hasn't properly modeled slicks in the wet because I should be all over the place but have basically zero problems in the rain.

I breezed it in the Raybrig HSV at Nurburgring. I used a settings sheet just to set up for Nurburg - I used RM tyres throughout, and a gearbox setting biased to the bends (that big straight is only approx. 40 seconds of the lap). Then I just made it easy to drive without crashing ie. TC on 3, low brake setting bias to the front, ABS on 3 etc.
The AI is rubbish in the wet, so don't push too hard when it's raining. I pitted at the end of lap 2, when I already had a 1 minute+ lead.
Oh btw, I used dipped headlamps through the bends because the reflected glare was doing my head in, but the workload became a bit much then lol.
Hope this helps some.

Last edited:
I won N24 using the GTR Touring car (AWD with Stage 2 turbo getting the pp as close as i can to 650) and race mediums. pitted at the start of lap 3. think I finished a full min in front.

as for Le Mans still trying to figure it out. I might give the Delta Wing a shot.

Nurburgring is pretty easy, I managed to do it with the Chapparal and the LCC Rocket.

As for Le Mans, the Speed 8 fully upgraded did the job for me. Deltawing drove like crap for me.

Nurburgring is pretty easy, I managed to do it with the Chapparal and the LCC Rocket.

As for Le Mans, the Speed 8 fully upgraded did the job for me. Deltawing drove like crap for me.
same delta wing sucked. the speed 8 was ok..but not race winning. trying the pug 908 HDi

edit Pug 908 HDi was good at spa(bone stock expect for race softs) able to push out 5 laps on one fuel run,dumped in 75 fuel. caught back up to the leader (with in 5 seconds),by one min to go,follow him in to the pit (I was afraid of running out of fuel) dumped a quarter tank in. and finished the race.

sadly this plan didn't work well at Le Mans. still trying to find that perfect car,might give the speed 8 another shot. just gotta grind first.

Last edited:
Back