Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
It's not confirmed that it is a terrorist attack. It seems like it but it's not confirmed. I feel very very sorry for the 2 people who died and the 23 or 28 injured. If someone did do it, he/she should pay.

Evacuation will be difficult, because the local transport authority has closed some of the subway lines.

Reportedly just ten seconds apart.

BH6y6pMCAAEWW7N.png:large

Fron twitter and Dominic Waghorn @DominicWaghorn
Sky News US Correspondent

"Boston JFK Museum fire was from mechanical room. "Any tie to Boston Marathon explosions is pure speculation," says National Archives."

So they were remote-detonated I.E.Ds?

Well we don't know for sure yet. But they are saying it is a very similar situation as compared to those areas.

Explosions were anywhere from 10-30 seconds apart. What's got me wondering is why they'd wait until the runners were very close to the end to do it...

The no fly zone is reportedly only up to a maximum of 3,000ft. This should not affect major commercial travel, I think.

BBC Live
A witness wrapped in a Mylar blanket tells ABC News he saw "the garbage can explode"

This is, of course, not conclusive.

My sister is in Boston trying to get home.

She said cell phone service is sporadic and it's absolutely chaos on the streets right now.

Where she was, the police were sending everyone to Fenway, but, now it sounds like they want to disperse any large groups of people away from any landmarks.

Well we don't know for sure yet. But they are saying it is a very similar situation as compared to those areas.

Explosions were anywhere from 10-30 seconds apart. What's got me wondering is why they'd wait until the runners were very close to the end to do it...

We can only speculate.

Bigger crowds at the finish line?
Friends and family of the Newtown massacre were reportedly near the finish line.
Runners stopping/slowing down near the finish line?
Bottleneck?

It has been confirmed, these were bombs.

Well, at this point, duh! :dunce:

Not according to BBC, they are saying that tourists are still being allowed around, but some security precautions are being taken.
NBC just reported that there is a perimeter set up. The only people allowed in or around it is people with appointments or passes. Which still kind of defeats the purpose...
We can only speculate.

Bigger crowds at the finish line?
Friends and family of the Newtown massacre were reportedly near the finish line.
Runners stopping/slowing down near the finish line?
Bottleneck?

Interesting...

People reported it sound like a celebratory cannon so no one thought anything of it at first until afterwords.The said it sounded like a large firework or M-80...

Does that guy know what M-80s even sound like? They aren't that loud....

Thanks.
Boston polive searching for yellow penske rental truck possibly connected with the attacks.

The jfk library thing has just been confirmed as tied.tonthis evemt as i type this post.

I've family over there, I'm confident they wouldn't have been at the marathon but still, it does make you think about it, it really could have been them...

Proper thumbs up to the people who were straight on the scene risking themselves within a minute of the explosions though, it does show that the majority of people are good guys.

Horrific day for Boston and terrifying one for the rest of us. I hope they find the bastards responsible and don't bother with an arrest.

So the JFK Library explosion, was that not a police controlled demolition? If so, we are looking at six devices, by my calculations.

Police say there be other small blasts as every parcel / package dropped en route is going to be individually dealt with.

The no fly zone is reportedly only up to a maximum of 3,000ft. This should not affect major commercial travel, I think.

Logan International isn't far away, but as it's on the coast, they'll just have to swing out over the Atlantic.

I can't imagine this is anything other than a coordinated attack, based on the distinctly separate locations. As to who is responsible, we'll have to wait and see before shouting epithets.

Two went off, another which was opposite the JFK library (is that not near where the first bomb went off?) was reportedly destroyed with a controlled explosion. Then two others have been found and disabled.

Back