Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
Caz
This was a good read. Not really informational but a good read actually on the subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/gavin-shulman/are-the-boston-bombers-ju_b_3156038.html

I TOTALLY agree with that article. Especially the end, about what really matters now. But I'll quote this, about the terrorists, because it's so true:

We all wish we could predict what every idiot is going to do, but if we're going to start profiling every douchebag in America, good luck. There'll be no problem filling your quota. That's the thing about these two jerkoffs, I can't help but think their Muslim-ness is less important than their mediocrity. That's why they weren't part of any terror cell and no group claimed their crime; no one wanted them there either. They were just two creepy deadbeats who pulled off an awful crime. That's where their story should end.

So I'm done with these crummy brothers. I'm done with treating them like masterminds when they were merely morons. I'm done trying to figure out what made them tick, when they were just 🤬 . I'm done with interviews with their aunts and uncles, parents and coaches, and any friends they can drag up when they clearly don't know crap. I'm all for trying to prevent future tragedies but it's become pretty and painfully obvious that these two were simply a pair of 🤬 . And I'm done trying to sniff around to learn any more.

One stands accused, but not yet tried or convicted.

And it is incorrect to say "United Christian States of America", because the USA is a secular nation with freedom of religion for all.

Of course it is. :)

I was just trying to point out that we cannot let their own cosmology be our own.

They define themselves as muslims, when clearly that's NOT what matters and we shouldn't give them that title. If we lower ourselves to agree with them, and since they think they are attacking christian countries filled with crusaders, then we would go the absurd next step of calling ourselves what they call us.

Ok, let's settle this then. Johnnypenso defines these terrorists as muslims because that's part of the how they saw themselves and how they justified their actions.

So, if it's what the Tsarnaevs think and the way they see things that counts, I suppose we must conclude, referring to what happened, that ...

... two Muslim extremist terrorists attacked the United Christian States of America.
The problem is that he is deliberately referring to the Tsarnaevs as "Muslim extremist terrorists", and the way he is doing it is derogatory to show his disgust at the bombings. It's one step short of stereotpying all Muslims as terrorists.

It might be slightly more tactful to refer to him as the "accused Muslim extremist terrorist", or the "reported Muslim extremist terrorist".

I think I'll go with.."confessed Muslim extremist terrorist"?

Johnnypenso
I think I'll go with.."confessed Muslim extremist terrorist"?

Why is it necessary to have only one term to describe him? Why are you opposed to using, say, his name?

It's not incorrect but it's very unusual, and you haven't given any reason to do so.

Anyone else hear that their next intended target was Times Square? I guess the FBI found plans

They decided that on the fly, the guy they hijacked relayed the info when he fled. They planed it so well in fact they carjacked an suv on empty lol.

They decided that on the fly, the guy they hijacked relayed the info when he fled. They planed it so well in fact they carjacked an suv on empty lol.

These confessed Muslim extremist terrorists were definitely a couple of amateurs, regardless of how they came about the information they did to create the bombs or where they received their training.

After reading an article in the New York Post, it's sounding more and more like "Muslim extremist terrorist" is a fitting label for Tsarnaev.

Sounds like Mom, who skipped bail on a felony charge which is why she left the country, was pretty encouraging about the idea of becoming a terrorist.

From the link:

Jihad was handed down from mother to son in the Tsarnaev family, newly disclosed wiretaps show.

Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev talked over Muslim extremist ideas with his mother, Zubeidat, in a conversation recorded by the FSB, the Russian internal security service.

In the early 2011 conversation, Tamerlan and his mother vaguely discussed jihad, American officials told the AP.

During their chat, Zubeidat discussed with her son the possibility he could go to Palestine, according to information about the conversation the Russians didn’t share with the US until after the Boston bombings.

News just broke on CNN tv that the two sisters both had grow ops in their homes when they were raided, and one of them had been arrested on April 10th on 4 counts related to marijuana distribution. You may also recall that a friend of the older terrorist was killed along with two others, and marijuana was thrown on their bodies, two years ago. The killer was never found but police had said at the time that it was pretty obvious that the killer was likely known to the victim, a highly skilled martial artist, who would definitely fought had he been aware of any threat.

Combine this with his apparently Jihadist Mommy and it sounds like a real winning family.

I suspect that bomber #1 was/is part of that killing being he has been reportedly one of the last people to see his ex-sparring partner alive. He was never questioned, then left for Russia. It's also been rumored from the beginning both brothers sold weed! Which from my searchings goes against Allah's teachings.:crazy:

Latest news from the Wall Street Journal...female DNA found on one of the bombs used in Boston. Kind of opens the door to a whole new scenario, perhaps involving one or more female extremist Islamic terrorists. I'm sure if they've found DNA they'll be able to determine if it's in the same family as well without having to test the female in question.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...3190708251284.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

Could it just be that someone else accidentally touched the bag before it happened? Or was there not enough time for that to be likely?

could be of the one's wife who claimed no knowledge?

Could be anyone, given that it's not yet identified, at least not publicly. But they should be able to tell if it's family if I paid attention to CSI properly. Given that both of the sisters were involved in the growth and distribution of drugs, his mom skipped the country with a felony warrant pending and apparently encouraged the older brother's jihadist tendencies, it's not exactly a stretch to think a female in the family might have had something to do with it.

Could it just be that someone else accidentally touched the bag before it happened? Or was there not enough time for that to be likely?

It was found inside the bomb, not on the bag. Where inside the bomb and on what part(s) wasn't mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a family member. If not, it could point to a wider circle of conspiracists.

I suspect that bomber #1 was/is part of that killing being he has been reportedly one of the last people to see his ex-sparring partner alive. He was never questioned, then left for Russia. It's also been rumored from the beginning both brothers sold weed! Which from my searchings goes against Allah's teachings.:crazy:

EDIT: Adding to this thought. This happend late last night early this morning.http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/justice/florida-fbi-shooting-boston/index.html

That had nothing to do with the bombing, more so to do with a triple homicide. CNN and other big news are just linking the two because he knew the dead bomber, and thus keep the story going for viewers.

How do you know it had nothing to do with the bombing? When the known associate of a known muslim extremist terrorist links himself and the muslim extremist terrorists to a triple homicide you don't think that should be reported? They should leave out that fact?

A fitting closure to the Boston Marathon:

Race officials in Indy have allowed the 35 or so participants in the marathon from Indiana and the surrounding states that did not cross the finish line in Boston to cross the famed bricks at the brickyard. The runners started from turn four and finished with less than ten minutes before the cars started their engines.

That's Class.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/...un-over-famed-yard-bricks-at/?intcmp=HPBucket

A man suspected in relations with Tsarnayev brothers, another Chechen, Ibrahim Todashev, was shot by an FBI agent during interrogation. They say it was a self-defence. This gives a new reason for conspiracy theories... What do you think?

Too much uncertainty in that Ibrahim shooting to make an informed judgement on it.

FBI might have actually for once did right the thing.

A man suspected in relations with Tsarnayev brothers, another Chechen, Ibrahim Todashev, was shot by an FBI agent during interrogation. They say it was a self-defence. This gives a new reason for conspiracy theories... What do you think?

Sounds fishy to me. I'm guessing there's no video of it either. Apparently he was unarmed too. So few details released it does make you wonder.

Latest Posts

Back