Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 13,173 comments

How will you vote in the 2024 UK General Election?

• Conservative Party

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

• Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

• Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not surprised by my result.

Screenshot_2017-06-03-10-30-33.png

GTP poll has Labour winning by a landslide at the moment, uh oh. If Labour wins, probably May will have eclipsed feat Clinton managed...

If Labour do win though, got more chance of remaining in EU so won't be unhappy if they do win. Conservatives need to work more on their PR and marketing, made a right hash of it so far.

Just did some sluthing on local Tory candidate.

His father started a business that has several questionable Legal business names (quickie divorce!?) but also does work in forensics and data recovery. He's now director of said business.

There's hundreds of trading standards complaints against the business and examples of mispractice and extortionate prices in their data recovery business.

Just did some sluthing on local Tory candidate.

His father started a business that has several questionable Legal business names (quickie divorce!?) but also does work in forensics and data recovery. He's now director of said business.

There's hundreds of trading standards complaints against the business and examples of mispractice and extortionate prices in their data recovery business.

Children being placed as directors of their fathers sus companies is endemic these days. Surprised this guy would even bother to run.

Children being placed as directors of their fathers sus companies is endemic these days. Surprised this guy would even bother to run.
He's standing in a very strong Labour area, but it's probably for kudos amongst his Tory friends than anything else.

Diane Abbot is the best weapon the Tories have got.
I heard something recently, can anybody confirm that it's true?
I heard that when Margaret Thatcher was asked what her greatest achievement in politics was; apparently she said "Tony Blair"?

I don't like to just accept facebook memes as fact but I've heard that if May keeps her position then the person who will be negotiating brexit is Borris Johnson?

I don't like to just accept facebook memes as fact but I've heard that if May keeps her position then the person who will be negotiating brexit is Borris Johnson?

Depends on the new cabinet, at last standing he was Foreign Secretary, I suspect he might be too middle-of-the-road on Europe (remember his Brexit flip-flaps early on) to be May's preferred negotiator. They probably couldn't afford the wine anyway.

Robbie Williams is in Southampton tonight. Hoping nothing happens.

All the concerts since the Manchester bomb attack (including at least two featuring Robbie Williams) have gone down without incident. That's not to ever say 'nothing will happen' but the odds remain very low. Go and enjoy yourself!!! :)

Although... his voice was knackered last Sunday night...

All the concerts since the Manchester bomb attack (including at least two featuring Robbie Williams) have gone down without incident. That's not to ever say 'nothing will happen' but the odds remain very low. Go and enjoy yourself!!! :)

Although... his voice was knackered last Sunday night...
I wasn't going anyway. Considered going but saw ticket prices. Not expecting anything to happen either.

Unfortunately due to some red tape regarding my proxy vote and legalese with the council I am unable to vote on Thursday; I would have voted Plaid.

I will, however, be staying up to watch the election coverage because I'm off all this week.

I would have voted Plaid.
Well that's halved their chances.

In other news, I'm off to visit the bright lights of London over the weekend and fully expect to enjoy no terrorist-based incidents whatsoever. I'm more worried about the usual characters you get on the late night tube journeys...

Diane Abbott has been in so many car crash interviews recently, she's probably been instructed to take a break by Charlie Whiting.
I wonder which of her arms or legs they'll decide to go for first.

Last edited:
Back