Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,678 comments

How will you vote in the 2024 UK General Election?

• Conservative Party

• Green Party

• Labour Party

• Liberal Democrats

• Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

• Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

• Will Not/Cannot Vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's done one for Reform as well.

GO-7CQvWoAAeX81.jpeg

Last edited:
Majority of only 590, he needs all the help he can get/scam/trick/deceive, though the polls are not looking good anyway:

IMG_4392.jpeg

The younger generation is just scared. Brave Boris would sign up (instantly becoming a lance corporal of course) proving that everyone would be in it together:

"Whatever they would say these days about his methods, the general level of discipline did me a power of good." sez Boris Johnson of getting yelled at by a drill sergeant in cadets.

I can only imagine how much of a wanker he must have been BEFORE the drill sergeant got through with him. It's a wonder the universe didn't implode itself just to get rid of him.

Which party do you think this fella is standing for?

View attachment 1360839

If you said Labour, you are of course wrong.

View attachment 1360840

Tory Scum.
I know it's illegal in Australia to run misleading campaign material like that. Surely Britain isn't falling behind a bunch of smelly convicts in electoral integrity now?

Last edited:
Surely Britain isn't falling behind a bunch of smelly convicts in electoral integrity now?
It's a ****ing sewer. I've complained to the electoral commission, asking if it's acceptable to act as a third party and campaign in a misleading fashion. There is a rule, but the electoral commission is in the Conservatives pocket, so I don't expect a useful response.

I'll be voting Labour - not that it really matters that much in a FPTP system. Where I live is one of the safest Labour seats in the land. Only once in 100 years has a non-Labour candidate been elected.

Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it for this election as I'm out of the country from mid-June to mid-July. Looks like Rishi's plan to call an election while a lot of people are abroad was successful in my case.

Hopefully what remains of the electorate will let his party know how they feel about their borked economy and politics of division.

Last edited:
Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it for this election as I'm out of the country from mid-June to mid-July. Looks like arishi's plan to call an election while a lot of people are abroad was successful in my case.

Hopefully what remains of the electorate will let his party know how they feel about their borked economy and politics of division.
You should still have time to arrange a postal or proxy vote

Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it for this election as I'm out of the country from mid-June to mid-July. Looks like arishi's plan to call an election while a lot of people are abroad was successful in my case.

One thing better than the Tories getting a battering, will be a battering from a high turnout.

You should still have time to arrange a postal or proxy vote

One thing better than the Tories getting a battering, will be a battering from a high turnout.
I sent it off last month but they can't send me the pack until the 18 June deadline for candidates has passed. I won't have time to vote as I leave next Friday.

Last edited:
I sent it off last month but they can't send me the pack until the 18 June deadline for candidates has passed. I won't have time to vote as I leave next Friday.
Can someone forward it to you wherever you are and you post it back?

Sunak: Srs bzns, also gaffes, also reeee transgender stuff
Starmer: Srs bzns, also gaffes, also Abbott/Corbyn distractions
Davey: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1717421468792.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1717421502181.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1717421628325.png

"Man of the people, rejecting the political establishment"

Was an MEP for 2 decades, tried to become an MP 7 times (and lost every time)

juncker laughing GIF by euronews

Also goes on about Sunak not being elected by voters or Tory members - he and Tice own Reform, it's a company not a political party, they elected themselves (and pocket any donations)

Last edited:
When Farage says the 'Youth vote' he means the 58-74 demographic. Over that is loyal tory territory.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that Starmer, who oozes weakness and vacillation, should be set to grab the biggest electoral win of anyone since WW2. He's not even got the statesmanlike presence of Michael Foot.

Blair I understood. Major, although his stock has risen since 2015, was totally unequipped to handle the charisma (and policy pinching) off the back of sex scandal after sex scandal that left the Conservatives deeply unpopular, and a 176-seat majority was virtually inevitable. Actually better than it could have been.

But this? A man who takes two days to make a decision and four hours to contradict it is worth a 200-seat majority? Sunak's not exactly Dynamic Man of the Year but compared to Starmer it's like Tom Cruise vs. a tub of low-fat Creme Fraiche.

It’s nothing to do with Starmer really. Most of those polled likely couldn’t pick him out of a lineup.

After 15 years of Tory-led crap any Labour leader is an improvement. Statesmanlike, charisma, decisiveness, who cares a flying F about any of that (and I know that’s a sad state of affairs). Just get the current lot out of government.

I’d prefer someone different. I agreed with a lot of Corbyn’s ideas and I vote LD locally. Starmer is what we have. So be it. Hopefully he discovers his inner Leftie when he finds himself with a huge majority, able to pass any legislation.

Sunak/Cruise - good call. Both megarich with homes in California, love their helicopters, creepy smiles. I see it.

Last edited:
Back