Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,678 comments

How will you vote in the 2024 UK General Election?

• Conservative Party

• Green Party

• Labour Party

• Liberal Democrats

• Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

• Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

• Will Not/Cannot Vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

1718970461586.png

Monster Monster!!

Well that’s my votes posted.

Also noticed loads of reform placards have been planted around the village. I’m so tempted to out in the night and take them all down.

Last edited:
I got some post a couple of weeks ago saying 'Official Poll Card Enclosed' on the outside, but it only contained a single sheet of A4 saying that I should contact them if I've not receiving my postal vote by Friday 28th June. It's now 26th June and I still don't have my postal vote.

Can we fast forward a week? Absolutely buried daily by a mountain of Lib Dem flyers. Didn't think they had this much money to print so many. Can't be very environmentally friendly. Just one received from Labour and one from the incumbent Tory. Someone please tell Ed Davey that I've already decided to vote for his lot, they can leave me alone now.

Does seem that after 75 years of blue, Woking will be turning orange, like our local papaya F1 team.

Can we fast forward a week? Absolutely buried daily by a mountain of Lib Dem flyers. Didn't think they had this much money to print so many. Can't be very environmentally friendly. Just one received from Labour and one from the incumbent Tory. Someone please tell Ed Davey that I've already decided to vote for his lot, they can leave me alone now.

Does seem that after 75 years of blue, Woking will be turning orange, like our local papaya F1 team.
We’ve had no Lib Sem stuff at all here.

We’ve had one Labour and one Tory flyer. As above we’ve had Reform placards put up around the village but mainly it’s been door to door canvassing.

I confused a Tory one yesterday. When she asked if I was voting I said yes (it was already in the post by then), she then asked if I was voting Tory to which I chuckled and said no. This got her back up (annoyed), she then asked if she could ask who I was voting for, which I replied "yes you can ask" she stood there waiting for some more but just got me stood in silence looking at her with a bemused and smug mode engaged face on.

It took her about 30 seconds to realise I wasn’t going to say anything else and she trudged off, followed by my request for to close the gate on her way out.

We’ve had no Lib Sem stuff at all here.

We’ve had one Labour and one Tory flyer. As above we’ve had Reform placards put up around the village but mainly it’s been door to door canvassing.
A lot of talk that Lab and Lib have done a deal behind the scenes to not campaign in each others main target seats. I'm in a major Lib target so get overwhelmed by their stuff. Where my mum lives is on the hit list for Labour so she's had a load of their leaflets and Facebook ads but nothing from the LDs.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much Reform round here with the levels of previous Tory support.

Latest Posts

Back