Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,722 comments

How will you vote in the 2024 UK General Election?

• Conservative Party

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

• Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

• Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1718970461586.png

Monster Monster!!

Well that’s my votes posted.

Also noticed loads of reform placards have been planted around the village. I’m so tempted to out in the night and take them all down.

Last edited:
I got some post a couple of weeks ago saying 'Official Poll Card Enclosed' on the outside, but it only contained a single sheet of A4 saying that I should contact them if I've not receiving my postal vote by Friday 28th June. It's now 26th June and I still don't have my postal vote.

Can we fast forward a week? Absolutely buried daily by a mountain of Lib Dem flyers. Didn't think they had this much money to print so many. Can't be very environmentally friendly. Just one received from Labour and one from the incumbent Tory. Someone please tell Ed Davey that I've already decided to vote for his lot, they can leave me alone now.

Does seem that after 75 years of blue, Woking will be turning orange, like our local papaya F1 team.

Can we fast forward a week? Absolutely buried daily by a mountain of Lib Dem flyers. Didn't think they had this much money to print so many. Can't be very environmentally friendly. Just one received from Labour and one from the incumbent Tory. Someone please tell Ed Davey that I've already decided to vote for his lot, they can leave me alone now.

Does seem that after 75 years of blue, Woking will be turning orange, like our local papaya F1 team.
We’ve had no Lib Sem stuff at all here.

We’ve had one Labour and one Tory flyer. As above we’ve had Reform placards put up around the village but mainly it’s been door to door canvassing.

I confused a Tory one yesterday. When she asked if I was voting I said yes (it was already in the post by then), she then asked if I was voting Tory to which I chuckled and said no. This got her back up (annoyed), she then asked if she could ask who I was voting for, which I replied "yes you can ask" she stood there waiting for some more but just got me stood in silence looking at her with a bemused and smug mode engaged face on.

It took her about 30 seconds to realise I wasn’t going to say anything else and she trudged off, followed by my request for to close the gate on her way out.

We’ve had no Lib Sem stuff at all here.

We’ve had one Labour and one Tory flyer. As above we’ve had Reform placards put up around the village but mainly it’s been door to door canvassing.
A lot of talk that Lab and Lib have done a deal behind the scenes to not campaign in each others main target seats. I'm in a major Lib target so get overwhelmed by their stuff. Where my mum lives is on the hit list for Labour so she's had a load of their leaflets and Facebook ads but nothing from the LDs.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much Reform round here with the levels of previous Tory support.

Something tells me Woking doesn't have enough of Farage's kind of Tory.

I've been wrestling with whether or not to vote tactically. It seemed like a waste of time given my very safe Tory constituency would have required a massive, implausible swing to red. So I'd then decided I'd vote on principles and the standard of the various party's campaigning... which for me will result in a Lib Dem vote.

However, Reform have kicked it up a gear locally, and seem to have taken yet another big chunk out of the Tory votership, with them now polling 2nd in our area.

1719839073752.png

Now, not only is a Labour vote likely to actually count, but a Lib Dem vote wouldn't at all tackle the Reform threat... so it looks like I'll be voting Labour.

I don't have a problem with Labour particularly, it'll just be a tad frustrating that although this could be the first time an Election a vote I cast will make a difference, that's it's not necessarily for the party I would have voted for.

The current UK Prime Minister folks...

... until Friday morning anyway.

Last edited:
The Conservative campaign has gone from being amusingly bad, to oddly terrible, to full on psychotic breakdown...

... and I'll drink to that.

Current polling points to a Lib Dem 'opposition' with 71 seats - versus 61 for the Conservatives.

Glorious.

If - and polling aside, I'm sure it's still a big IF - the Lib Dems are His Majesties opposition - they'd have achieved it with a campaign that was basically just Ed Davey living his best life on a 6 week activity holiday, rather than the divisive, lie-spewing, gas lighting campaign being run by the Tories, and I absolutely love that. Especially after the CONLIB coalition would otherwise seemed to have wiped the Lib Dems out for a generation.

I'm going to be such a wreck at work on Friday. Many years teetotal but this is a special occasion.
I'm seeing AC/DC at Wembley tomorrow night, then hanging about in London on Polling day - I'm wondering if there's anywhere to go to revel in Tory misery! Back in the evening in time to vote, get a few hours kip, then awake all night for Election-Coverage drinking games, and I'd already booked Friday off work as soon as the election date was called. Sorted!

I think my constituency is called about 4:30 am... need to stay up till then at least. 106 years of being Blue, I want to watch that change live.

Since the 2010 election my Tory MP has got 48-56% of the vote. The lowest a Tory has ever got here (going back to 1950) is 38% in the midst of the 1997 Labour landslide. This is historically as blue an area as you could get. The latest projection:

IMG_4492.jpeg

Crazy times we live in.

Just a quick scan through the projections - if correct Truss, Hunt, Rees Mogg are all gone.

Last edited:
Back