<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
not going to start a serie fighting with yours ;)

imagine the driver's black market lol

jokes aside do not worry if you want to make it go on mate! there's other days for me, or if you like the idea, we could make it jointly. in any case no harsh feelings :)

Hmmm I'm very much torn as to which is the better option... doing things as I've explained (two groups on a Thursday, with a two-part season), or to do a Tuesday league alongside a Thursday league (with a one-part season)... surely the latter option would cause a lot more upheaval, and then both groups wouldn't be truly racing one another, so in effect it's not a 30 car grid but it ends up still being two 16 car grids. That said, it would allow the 3-race format to stay.

New drivers added to the list. 👍

Count me in. Either time slot is fine by me.

Hopefully Rob signs up so we can continue with Team Buckfast.
I'm a maybe. There's a series starting up again next year that I came from prior to the BTCC. RWD only, spec cars, more power, less grip, much longer races. Given the choice it's what I prefer.

You know I'm always keen for a chance at a touring car race.

Later the better for me so 8pm.

I'm a maybe. There's a series starting up again next year that I came from prior to the BTCC. RWD only, spec cars, more power, less grip, much longer races. Given the choice it's what I prefer.

Would be a shame to lose you mate, should you decide against returning.

Noted Brendon and Paul - nearly a whole lounge full of interest already in one day! 👍

OK well if anyone's preferences change at any time then let me know so I can arrange the groups. I'll do this two or three weeks before season start so everyone has time to complain about where they've been put :sly:

Would be a shame to see you go; but can understand if you do - I know you like those RWD cars.

I prefer racing on less grippy tyres at the current PP level we race at (<500PP); but with the current race lengths, it would make pit stops pointless.

It would be sad to see you go rob, i've had fun racing with you. i would like to see a pit race with 2 sets of tyres soft and hard, kind of like F1 rules. Also, can the final race be held at brands hatch like real BTCC? does anyone else like that idea?

Last edited:
Got an idea for you guys.

Once the Regular Season is done, I was thinking of a parallel Cup to run on a Tuesday night for those drivers who didn't make the top 8 in the championship. Something called the Development Cup or something similar. Same format as the Finals but just for the drivers who didn't make the Finals. It would give those drivers something to fight for and wouldn't mean they were sat on the sidelines for 4 weeks with no racing.

I know that not everyone may be able to race on a Tuesday, but I'm hoping that many of them would be able to. I was thinking that it might also give a chance for some new drivers to race too, should we not be able to fill a lounge with our guys. If they're interested in racing in BTCC afterwards, then maybe it would give a chance to 'test' or 'blood' new drivers to see how clean they are before they race in the main championship the following season.

Obviously I'd need to be there and run it, and would race in it too, but I could be non-scoring.

Opinions?

Sounds like a good idea .

I am a bit skeptical about running the 2 grids i have some ideas myself but ill wait til we get gt6 and start specing the cars

Back