California teen dies after suffering brain aneurysm on the field

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 4 comments
Truly sad. I'm thinking something else was up with her. Baseball is one of the safest sports, unlike Football, Wrestling, etc. It's more of a coincidence that she was playing baseball, unless she got hit in the head. I'm thinking it may have still happened if she was just out for a walk or something.

Jerome

I'm thinking something else was up with her. Baseball is one of the safest sports, unlike Football, Wrestling, etc. It's more of a coincidence that she was playing baseball, unless she got hit in the head. I'm thinking it may have still happened if she was just out for a walk or something.
Yes, the baseball is unrelated. She had an aneurysm.

Arteriovenous malformation - basically blood vessels that don't form properly in the womb - is one of the commonest causes of sudden death in teenagers, along with Long QT Syndrome.

Sad and horrible situation to go through, especially with someone so young. My condolences to the family.

It's more of a coincidence that she was playing baseball, unless she got hit in the head. I'm thinking it may have still happened if she was just out for a walk or something.
Spot on, it could have been anywhere. Hopefully misinformation on that doesnt get around since they linked another incidence from this week as well.

It hits especially close to home because my Mother just had one two years ago in the parking lot of her job. Thankfully she recovered and she's doing fine now, but it was a long and very emotional healing process.

Sad and horrible situation to go through, especially with someone so young. My condolences to the family.

Spot on, it could have been anywhere. Hopefully misinformation on that doesnt get around since they linked another incidence from this week as well.

It hits especially close to home because my Mother just had one two years ago in the parking lot of her job. Thankfully she recovered and she's doing fine now, but it was a long and very emotional healing process.

For sure. Now that I'm a father, I just can't fathom how her parents are coping/not coping.

Jerome

Back