Can I switch my brake pedal with my clutch on TM TPA GT Pedal set?

United States
United States
I posted this on another site but I thought I might have better luck with getting help here:

I have a TM T300 RS GT wheel and the pedals, I believe, are just T3PA pedals with different pedal faces. The issue I have is I am 6'-4" tall and I wear a size 13 1/2-14 shoe (US) so I find that the throttle and brake are too close together for me and my big feet to be comfortable. I have switched the clutch face with the brake and set it to the left, but it's not much better.

My question is can I swap the clutch and brake pedals without having to physically switch the entire pedal mechanism?

I switched the plugs for the brake and clutch on the internal circuit board and swapped over the DIY brake mod that I use but that did not work either, at least on GT7. So it looks like I am stuck with the default or at least in GT7 it's not going to work.

Unless there is some way to remap in the TM software I'm not aware of perhaps? I am on console only if that makes a difference.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this on another site but I thought I might have better luck with getting help here:

I have a TM T300 RS GT wheel and the pedals, I believe, are just T3PA pedals with different pedal faces. The issue I have is I am 6'-4" tall and I wear a size 13 1/2-14 shoe (US) so I find that the throttle and brake are too close together for me and my big feet to be comfortable. I have switched the clutch face with the brake and set it to the left, but it's not much better.

My question is can I swap the clutch and brake pedals without having to physically switch the entire pedal mechanism?

I switched the plugs for the brake and clutch on the internal circuit board and swapped over the DIY brake mod that I use but that did not work either, at least on GT7. So it looks like I am stuck with the default or at least in GT7 it's not going to work.

Unless there is some way to remap in the TM software I'm not aware of perhaps? I am on console only if that makes a difference.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Yes. Assuming they are the same inside as the T3PA, you can certainly switch out the position of any pedal you choose - you can change which pedal is plugged into which header on the small motherboard inside, you can move the springs between pedals and yes you could lift and shift the whole pedal assembly.

Assuming they are the same as the T3PA.

Yes. Assuming they are the same inside as the T3PA, you can certainly switch out the position of any pedal you choose - you can change which pedal is plugged into which header on the small motherboard inside, you can move the springs between pedals and yes you could lift and shift the whole pedal assembly.

Assuming they are the same as the T3PA.
I believe they are identical inside.

I did switch the plugs on the small MB in the unit but when tested not only didn't it work, neither of the pedals even registered in GT7 at all. The throttle worked but it seemed like GT7 didn't even see the other pedals. I would have thought it was just a matter of which plug was connected where on the board. The internals are not at all complicated in that sense. I want to avoid moving the entire pedal assembly if possible, seems like that should not even be necessary to accomplish this really.

I am sure there is a way to do this, there must be even on console, I just don't know what it is yet. I haven't put everything back together yet in hopes someone here knows how I can do this. I'm on PS4 exclusively if that makes any difference.

I believe they are identical inside.

I did switch the plugs on the small MB in the unit but when tested not only didn't it work, neither of the pedals even registered in GT7 at all. The throttle worked but it seemed like GT7 didn't even see the other pedals. I would have thought it was just a matter of which plug was connected where on the board. The internals are not at all complicated in that sense. I want to avoid moving the entire pedal assembly if possible, seems like that should not even be necessary to accomplish this really.

I am sure there is a way to do this, there must be even on console, I just don't know what it is yet. I haven't put everything back together yet in hopes someone here knows how I can do this. I'm on PS4 exclusively if that makes any difference.
That is very strange. Do you have a PC you can use as this makes it easier to check pedal inputs and calibration etc?

That is very strange. Do you have a PC you can use as this makes it easier to check pedal inputs and calibration etc?
Yes, I have a PC, it's just not beefy enough to run any of the games/sims I would want to play so for now I am just on PS4, or PS5 when I get one. The constant PC upgrade is just not a dance I want to do anymore.

I don't have the whole thing buttoned up ATM anyhow, I will go back and check the connectors just in case I did something wrong. I don't see how I could have but you never know.

I just meant use the PC as a test platform - as you have proper access to the Thrustmaster control panel etc to see how the inputs are behaving etc.

I just meant use the PC as a test platform - as you have proper access to the Thrustmaster control panel etc to see how the inputs are behaving etc.
I got you, I will do that today. I'm going to check it on another PS4 sim like ACC also just to see if that game sees the pedals. If it does and in the proper order I think is going to mean it's a GT7 issue and not the way I have the pedals plugged in. Which, again, I see no reason why it shouldn't be working. Other than where on the mini board they are plugged in the pedal mechanisms are the same.

So as usual it was something simple. As it turns out if you don't make sure the teeth of the plastic gears that connect the pedal movement to the potentiometer, you tend to not have an input registered. :boggled: Had I not also switched the springs and just moved the plugs it would have worked from the start. But, mystery solved and all is working as it should.

Latest Posts

Back