**CAR OF THE WEEK! Friday 10/02/12**

Okay here are some photos of the "Tough Love" in action. (I meant for the tune to be a Valentines day release...:crazy:)

So we have these 500PP Seasonal challenge races and I figured that with a decent tune the Alfa could do quite well there. Now while the car is capable of reaching just over 500PP when fully tuned I thought is see if I could also do something a bit different with it so I limited it to 345HP and 475PP. But more about that in a moment, first let's see it in action during the most recent challenge at the Nürburgring GP/D track.:D
D.jpg

Here we have our Raspberry Red Pearl Alfa blowing by the Lotus Esprit which will eventually wind up in 2nd place several seconds back.
D-1.jpg

And here is "Tough Love" grabbing the lead from the TVR Griffith that finishes in 3rd, later during the second lap of the race.

Now as I said I was looking to give the Alfa an additional challenge so decided to try setting it up to also run the A-Spec Intermediate Gran Turismo Rally Special Events races.
Unfortunately ole Harvey Wallbangers driving skills weren't up to the gravel and tarmac rallies even though the car and its tune were. However the Alaskan Snow rally proved to be a blast providing these great photos.
Alaska2028Snow29.jpg

Here's "Tough Love" lining up in the early morning light to start this rally.
Alaska2028Snow29-1.jpg

Actually passing the competition during this stage as it proves its dominance!
Alaska2028Snow29-2.jpg

Feel the speed and pure joy as it pulls away in the cool morning air!:gtpflag:

For the 500PP races I was using Sports Soft tires. If you want a closer race downgrade the tires, if all your interested in is collecting cash fast in this great car go with the racing tires. I'll post the tune I used over in the tuning forum in my garage there Harvey Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage for those looking for a little "Tough Love" of their own.:cheers:

Well I took this Car Of The Week for a One Make race at Welsh Fury's Mega Jump Track. But first I added every available part except for changing tyres. I also changed the wheels and painted it in the lovely Alfa color 'Verde Gemma Metallizzato' as an upgrade.

Eifel (Circuit) by Milldrum, on Flickr
As you can see, the other cars were jumping for joy at the sight of this beauty.

The car itself was surprisingly quick. The standard tyres were no match for the performance upgrades and it still looked ugly. But it was fun to drive and once I adjusted my driving style it was good to drive. The edge was easy to pass though and I did find myself mowing the grass a few times. But that will be my lack of tuning.

I decided to take it to familiar grounds. An old favourite to visit a freind.

Trial Mountain Circuit by Milldrum, on Flickr
The monkey did not seem to want to look at the car and as you can see, turned his back on the green machine. Whilst I am not going to add this car to my 100 favourites, I am glad that I spent the time to find out why. :gtpflag:

-McClarenDesign's Very Serious SLS AMG Review of the Car of the Week N Stuff-

Week 1- 2001 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V

Before we begin this week's review, I feel I need to mention a few things about this review. First off, it's opinionated. So just like you, it's right. Second, Jeremy Clarkson once said that in order to be a true petrol-head, you have to own an Alfa at least once. This week's choice of car couldn't be more fitting.

Performance As Purchased: May 24, 2011, Salvia (Green)
Displacement: 2958 cc
Max. Power: 204 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Max. Torque: 187 ft-lbs. @ 5,000 rpm
Drivetrain: FF (Oh god :indiff:)
Length: 4290 mm Height: 1315 mm
Tires: Comfort Soft
Performance Points: 388
Mileage: 23,471.8 mi.

The car that was chosen for the test, in this case the '01 Spider, was quickly found within my garage, covered with roughly the same amount of dust that Scarface had in his nose. Beneath the dust lay a layer of dirt the Italians call "Salvia", but it actually looked like something found in a baby's diaper. Obviously, this had to be the first thing to go.

According to Polyphony Digital (via Translator-san)

So, what we've got is a klutzy Italian supermodel with big hips. What could possibly go wrong?

First things first. A quick trip to the paint shop, and 2,000 credits later the car has a fresh shade of Rosso Corsa red. That color certainly compliments the car, the maker, and the designer. I mean, Pininfarina and Rosso Corsa are like peanut butter and chocolate. Salvia looked like something left for dead in the 70's, but with the Rosso Corsa, it's like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Hot, but still a hooker inside. I like that.

CtedAzur.jpg

One thing to remember when painting a car; be sure to know who is doing the car. It was at that moment that I began to look around me, and realize I may have stumbled upon an illegal chop shop. Our 2,000 Credit paint job bought us an idiot that doesn't exactly know what he's doing. "Somehow" our convertible top managed to get a matching coat or two of Rosso Corsa. We were'nt mad at him for doing this (and because we thought he might murder us), we were enraged because he couldn't tell us how to prevent the paint from cracking or chipping from the top (actually, he was fascinated while we were plotting our escape). His mistake actually looked pretty good, and we wanted to make sure it stayed that way for years to come (and get the hell out of there alive!). Thankfully, he's agreed to pay for the damage by ordering and installing a proper top that's been made with that shade.

...and we're still alive.

Next up was a complete rebuild of the engine. 23,471 miles of damage, and it's been sitting around collecting dust. I could measure the performance as is, but you have to remember... its still an Alfa, and prone to break whenever feels like. In order to do a car, and in the case the designer some justice, we rip everything apart, rebuild it, and are rewarded with 21 hp and 23 Performance Points... whatever the hell those are. Total cost: 15,000 Credits and lunch for the crew, and just for the hell of it we threw on some BBS RE-MG wheels for an additional 3,500 Credits.

Phone rings. Accountant. .... Decline call. Moving on....

After repairing the previous owner's poor taste in color and treatment, we headed over to our secret test track. It's so secret, Google had one of it's satelites blown to bits the minute they tried snapping a shot of the area. Of coarse, no government would take credit, but one has to wonder exactly how far Polyphony's power cou.... Anyway, our racing driver was able to extract a 0-60 mph time of 0.07.585 with a Maximum G-Force of 0.52G. Not exactly promising, but you work with what you've got. 1/4 mile time of 0.15.826 puts it three tenths-of-a-second behind a comparable year V-6 Mustang, with the Mustang having the benefit of 0.8 liters more displacement AND an FR.

For those keeping score at home, other notable data includes: 0-1 mi.: 0.38.728, 0-100 mph: 0.17.869 mph, Top Speed: 148.7 mph

Being an Italian supermodel, we simply had to take her to Monaco. She's Italian, and would love the food, yachts, and shopping. You, however, are man, and would love Formula 1, exotic cars everywhere, and more supermodels to gawk at. It's perfect.

Driving on the streets of Cote D' Azur, the cars flaws immediately take hold the minute you dive into a corner. Much like any supermodel, you have to be delicate, and it requires a deft touch. Not that you know, because you're too busy playing video games, hacking the interwebs, and being a general lazy menace to society... but trust me on this.

When entering a corner, our died-from-a-box redhead plowed through corners as predictably as any FF, however... and I'm sorry this has to be said but don't tell her... her fashionably flared posterior seemed to just go on and on right into the wall like Courtney Love on a bender. It was pretty brutal.

But like any supermodel, when you can calm her down, get her to put down the alcohol, and start talking sense, she can be resonable. It isn't always pretty, but in the end you both wind up better off for it.

Thrashing around the streets of Monaco at a frantic pace, it quickly sinks in. I'm in a convertible on the streets of Monaco in an incredibly out-classed italian car... and I simply don't care.

Convertible motoring is all about the glitz and glamour of driving with the top down. Sadly, this was impossible, because like every other Alfa, my top is broken. And I love her for it. With her new paint, I love the way she looks. When we actually took time to get to know each other, and talk, I got to see who she really was. Despite her faults, she's gorgeous.

That's what makes her a supermodel.

Sure, at the end of the day you may be splattered along a wall somewhere, but you're absolutely guaranteed to be the best looking corpse on the evening news for at least a month. Unless, of coarse, there's another Alfa driver somewhere, but even that in itself is a rare occasion. I've seen more California Condors than I have Alfa owners, yet everyone proclaims to be a gearhead.

After giving the keys back to the angry Alfa Romeo rep (his name is Julian, but around the office we just call him Julie), I headed home with a sense of adventure, glamour, and accomplishment. A quick check of local car ads didn't turn up any of the cars for sale, yet I've seen one driving around town. Shame, really, because America could learn something about building a crappy car, but I guess that's why the Cobalt is still around.

I would like to know the qualifications you have with supermodels... outstanding post!!👍

Very nice review and thats whats Alfa is all about, style and beauty, it may not be the best car out there but it really makes you fall in love.

We Are Alfisti
Very nice review and thats whats Alfa is all about, style and beauty, it may not be the best car out there but it really makes you fall in love.

Amen. Then we get the 8C, which makes you fall in love before it tries to kill you.

Despite that, you'll forgive it because you're drunk with love.

Amen. Then we get the 8C, which makes you fall in love before it tries to kill you.

Despite that, you'll forgive it because you're drunk with love.
8C beautiful car, nice drive when properly tuned, just don't expect to beat anyone except the AI in races...:drool:

XDesperado67
8C beautiful car, nice drive when properly tuned, just don't expect to beat anyone except the AI in races...:drool:

Its not that bad. I've won some shuffle races with it.

Back