Car of the Week | NISMO 400R '95

So only I posted a time this week for the M3 E46 at BMB, let’s just skip that and jump to the new candidate for this week.

Courtesy of our good buddy @Nismonath5 for this weeks pick, We’ll all be driving…

IMG_1816.jpeg

The 1995 Nismo 400R!!!

Yes I know, Nismo picked a Nismo as his pick, Shocker. :lol:

But considering Nismo recently had its 40th Anniversary Party, it’s also perfectly fitting too. 👍

The R33 Skyline GT-R is often overshadowed by its predecessor in the R32 and its successor in the R34, while they both also got the Nismo treatment in their lifespans, it was the R33’s version that ended up being the holy grail by comparison.

Nismo took a standard R33 Skyline, threw pretty much everything away including the RB26 2.6 Inline 6 and dropped in the RB-X-GT, a 2.8 Inline 6 that was derived from Nissan’s Le Mans efforts with the LMGT1 & GT2 class Skylines. :embarrassed:

It also had (Deep Breath), Higher Lift Camshafts, upgraded Exhaust Manifolds, stronger Crankshaft, N1 Spec Turbo’s, Larger Intercooler, Upgraded oil system, Raised RPM Limit(Reportedly 9000rpm), 87MM Forged Pistons, Carbon Fibre Driveshaft, Titanium Strut Braces, Forged Three Piece Wheels, Carbon Bonnet & Adjustable Carbon Rear Wing, 50MM Wider Track, 30MM lower ride hight and Stiffer Springs & Bilstein Dampers.

Only bloody missing the kitchen sink eh guys? :sly:

All that took the 400R up to as nears as makes no difference, 400hp. :D

Only 44 400R’s were built, 40 are reportedly still around and rarely come up for sale, so if one does pop up, you can be assured it’ll cost ya a pretty penny to get your hands on it. 🤑

One of those 400R’s however, is even more of a unicorn, because one of these cars was originally a Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R LM Edition that was then converted into a Nismo 400R and being officially dubbed, The Nismo 400R LM, a true One of One Holy Grail. :bowdown:

So as sought after JDM’s go, this is in the upper echelons of that pricey club.

No special challenge this week, But given its Nismo’s 40th Anniversary, feel free to improvise and pay tribute to Nismo in your own personal way. ;)👍

All lobby details & rules are as per usual in the first post.

Managed a 07.29.829 around the Nords. Yes, it was that important to me to get it into the 20's. ;)

YT review: "Returning from originally GT2, this is a VERY welcome addition imo. Looks pretty damned cool, and with its 400hp (mind you in the 90s that was A LOT), it also packs a punch! Pretty nice to drive as well, also thx to its AWD. Features a nice engine sound as well I think."

1km drag race and Tsukuba battles:

Back