Car of the Week | Week 70: The Legend Comes to Life (Porsche 917 Living Legend)

This is a car full of nostalgia for me. I still remember opening Forza Horizon 1 (with this car plastered on the cover) on Christmas eleven years ago and spending the rest of the day tearing up Colorado.

...You specifically picked the yellow with black stripes on purpose for this exact reason, didn't you?

A few things. When I mean few.. maybe that's an understatement.

One: if anyone has keen eyes, I too did nominate the VX Viper in the Forza Horizon 5 version of COTW. And in here, well, it has taken this recurring side car with an occassional mention role that poor ass JCW Countryman did.

There was something I said on the PM that got redacted because I dunno..

The rage of Week 34 didn't happen because it should've been this car that was nominated. But I guess we're now remembering the car for the week. I should've seen the fact that it's in the name. With intentional subtle hinting, just like the Countryman got. I even have the picture ready.

Two: this is the last week I'm going to be around for COTW things until the year's end. For festive seasonal reasons, I'm getting out of the country next week, which is away from the console.

Three: it might be my nominee, but alongside being a personal favorite of a car (favorite V10 note of all time after all), it's the in story Signature Car I wanted to nominate the most (a lot to do with it being driven by the Author Avatar), which brings back to that rage of Week 34 supposedly happening if it did get nominated then.

Four, the weekly challenge: just share the tune on this thread, along with things like what body kit you used and upgrades (remember no wide kits). So if there's a lot of cars, there's going to be a million credits hole in my in game pockets. I'm also going to do the driving, so I feel lap time is not the be all and end all..

Five.. umm.. copy paste of my writeup from the Forza Horizon 5 COTW..

Now that I have regained control for car and track choice for another week, it's time to bring on not just some icon, but also a Horizon classic, and a car I've personally been associating myself over the last 8 years. And fittingly enough: to the Forza Horizon players that have been at it for the longest time. I'm unfortunately not in that latter jurisdiction. I had a taste of 3, before starting out proper in 4.

Since I don't quite know where to begin, let's delve into the 3 generations of Vipers. We have the original SR: branded as the lazy looking Sneaky Pete until 2003. Then the ZB: branded as a more aggressive Fangs.. though I can't truly say for the car itself. And the one we have here: the VX: branded as Stryker, which is the sharpest, thus deadliest of the lot: very fitting for the kind of car the Viper has eventually evolved into.

As of my interests in high powered cars, the Viper never clicked to me at all growing up. I was still into the newly revived Camaro for American performance at the period of the late 2000s. After a quick stint into Ford for that interest, that all changed when I took my eyes on the Stryker badged Viper's debut back in early 2012. Even as it hasn't been out yet, I could never stop looking away. It was just the kind of car that wants to push my manliness factor up to eleven. And then from the magazine I read.. I forget which it was, I guess Top Gear, the slogan: "Makes the Mercedes SLS AMG look tame" just embedded straight onto my mind. And I approve very much of the SLS AMG's entire existence, yet couldn't find myself to disagree.

We all know that the Viper was born as a modern day Shelby Cobra, but died because the world can't handle its existence. Either way, the car world had their heads in salute as this name of iconic American performance came to a close. But just about every car game that would represent a single Viper these days would choose the VX, in one form or another. Occasionally it's also with an older model backing it up, like in The Crew 2. To me though, these days the Vipers are just like how I treat each generation of Miata: they are kings (or queens) in my book.

Don't hate me, but I can say a Viper's V10 would be the best kind of V10 roar.. incoming ordinance!!

And lastly: put your f[BLEEP]ing lights up..

Last edited:
There was something I said on the PM that got redacted because I dunno..
If I really Week 34'ed you with the Viper, I feel that that's taking a joke a bit too far (and also, I can't say I totally understand what you meant in the redacted part of the message. I'm dumb, please don't expect so much from me.)

This is a car full of nostalgia for me. I still remember opening Forza Horizon 1 (with this car plastered on the cover) on Christmas eleven years ago and spending the rest of the day tearing up Colorado.

...You specifically picked the yellow with black stripes on purpose for this exact reason, didn't you?
...and TIL that there's only one Scape location in Colorado, and that intro shot was taken there :) It was a happy coincidence, though the stripes are different from the FH1 cover car.

I had this yellow Viper back in GTS, actually. I wanted to try making a different kind of Viper stripe that didn't go down the bumper, and had a "VIPER" script cut into the stripe. I already had a blue Viper back then, and picked a yellow Viper for this experiment. Over time, it just became my de facto 5th gen Viper.

full

This very Viper was also the one that I pit against the rubbish Demon back in Week 32 (and triggered Baron with it :lol:), so I have some experience with the car. Not an easy car to drive, but leaps and bounds better than any Challenger or Charger.

f7aaa42839118a251612333c9611f6da_photo.webp

In GTS at least, it managed a 07.20.606 on the Nords. In GT7, it probably could do around a ~07.10 (or better). YT review: "Uh what a drive! Incredible, incredible car this! In general I am very much surprised by all the Viper models. They just match my driving style perfectly I guess. It's just so easy to slide and drift this thing around corners at various speeds. It doesn't look and sound too bad either. Also, obviously it's intimidatingly fast."

Tsukuba GTS battles:

1km GT7 drag race:

Verdict: Awesome sleeper (as expected).

EDIT: GUYS!

GT-Fastest-Attack-2023-CERTIFICATION-Nürburgring.jpg

Last edited:
...quiet week here for the Viper, huh?

I'm pretty garbage at tuning, but I've set a 1:46.768 for this week's special challenge, if anyone wants a benchmark time. Setup in video. ABS: Weak. 18–inch wheels front and 19–inch wheels rear (default), default offset and width.

And before anyone asks, yes, I did make a whole new livery specifically for this challenge. It's just one of those things where I wanted a black Viper to match Sonny Meng's, but wound up doing way too much before I knew it.

Been awhile eh Vic? :crazy:

Let’s catch back up with some rapid fire quick reviews.

The Autobianchi A112 Abarth: A slightly heavier, but more powerful Italian version of the Mini Cooper.
Easy to drive, perfect for very close quarters racing and could be had for just over 30k at the UCD.

Verdict: Sleeper 😉👍

Speaking of Mini’s…

The 2005 Mini Cooper S: A COTY winner on GT Sport, under 29k to buy, under 170hp from its supercharged 1600cc engine.
Lacks a proper differential for transferring power under heavy cornering at low speeds, but is a solid and fun car to drive and throw around.

Verdict: Sleeper😉👍

Next up is the Evo version of the car that was a decent rival for the first car we tested on GT7.

The BMW M3 Sport Evolution: Step 1, Take the regular E30 M3. Step 2, improve it slightly in all sectors of performance.

Step 3 ????

Step 4: Win & profit. :D

Even against its biggest rival in the Mercedes 190E Evo 2, its got a notable edge over it.

But the 190E does have an ace up its sleeve in the tuning department, the M3 Sport Evo maxes out at 394hp which is roughly 30hp more than what the 190E makes naturally aspirated, But the 190E can accept a turbo which can take its power to nearly 600hp.:embarrassed:

So yeah, the M3 is the better stock car, but the 190E has a higher tuning limit. ;)

Nevertheless, the M3 Evo is a wonderful car to drive.

Time to Exorcise a Demon, a Dodge Challenger Demon to be exact. :sly:

Running on race fuel for its 840hp max output, it completely smokes its SH tyres with zero effort and requires a very steady right foot to manage it all.

Despite its near 2 tons of weight, it’s got very good stopping power, but at 200k, it’s 60k more than this week’s pick in the Viper GTS. :odd:

Not one for lead feet or beginners or even amateurs, but it’s riot to drive even when you’re fooling around with it. :P

Verdict: Neutral(But do pick one up.👍)

From the big and shouty, to the pint sized smile makers that are Kei Cars.

The Honda S660: The youngest Kei Car and capable of the most power on the stock engine compared to its fellow Kei cars.

Nicely balanced, decent handling, a great car to learn how to tame MR layout machines without writing off anything too expensive and it’s only less than 20k to get. :dopey:

Of course it suddenly becomes the most expensive Kei Car when you factor in the engine swap from the Honda 2&4, but that’s just a minor detail. :cool:

Next up is a double header, the FD Mazda RX-7 and the tuned version built by RE Amemiya.

The RE Seven costs 100k from BC, the OG RX7 costs 250k from BC, but can be had for around 220k in the UCD depending on mileage.

Both have swaps available, the Rampage V8 for the RE Seven and the 4 Rotor for the OG RX-7. :P

Both are solid cars, But if you ask @XSquareStickIt which is better, he’ll tell you that the slower, more expensive RX-7 is the better pick and I can’t say that he’s wrong on that.

While the RE Seven is the better option for price and out of the box performance, it’s quite nervous on the rear axle compared to the stock RX-7 and despite both capable of accepting Ultra High Turbo’s, the stock RX-7 benefits more from it.

So in summary, the RE RX-7 is good, but it takes away the overall balance the stock RX-7 was well known for.

Verdicts: RE Seven: Neutral, Stock RX-7: Sleeper 😉👍

Now for the other half of what turned out to be the month of Mazda, the Mazda 787B and the MX-5 NR-A. :odd:

Pretty sure I did a review of the 787B on GTS and honestly, It could pretty much apply here too, not a bad thing either as it was a Neutral Icon on there. :P

The MX-5 NR-A at first glance may seem like a pointless addition, especially with the Roadster S being slightly cheaper, having a engine swap option and with a decent set of hands at the wheel, capable of matching its performance. ;)

But that would be looking at it the wrong way, while all true, it does improve on the MX-5’s main ethos of a good drivers car, only it’s also ready to go MX-5 Cup racing as well.

And besides, if/when the MX-5 NR-A gets a decent swap of its own, the main plus point of picking the Roadster S over the NR-A will be minimised.

Overall, It’s a nice upgrade for the MX-5.

Last two cars are completely different, the Toyota Himedic and the Dodge Viper GTS.

‘But Vic’ I hear you cry, ‘What about the 930 911 Turbo?’ :confused:

Truthfully, I want to do that one justice so I’m holding back on that one. ;)

So the Dodge Viper GTS, 140k price tag, 640hp from its 8.4 litre V10 and with the recent update, one of a few cars to get the Chiron’s 8.0 W16 as a swap option. :eek:

The Toyota Himedic, packs a 2.7 4 cylinder making 157hp, weighs nearly 3 tons and costs you a grand total of..

Nothing. :odd:

Yep, The Himedic is a genuine freebie, no other car has that perk so I could say it’s a Sleeper just on that basis, it could be absolutely trash and still be a Sleeper as you literally lose nothing get one. :sly:

Happily, it’s not trash, it’s a riot to drive against other ambulances, but at the end of the day, it’s a stock ambulance, you’d be lucky to hit 90mph due to the long 4th gear and it’s brick aerodynamics. :grumpy:

But that 157hp engine does like some boost, throw everything and the kitchen sink at it and it’s good for over 500hp. :cool:

The Viper GTS has been tested before and like I’ve said in the past, you’re only one slip up away from getting bitten by any Dodge Viper.

I didn’t get that impression this time, it felt compliant, responsive, eager to go sideways, but only because I asked it too. :sly:

Sure the brakes were a tad on the weaker side as Rick was struggling with them all night, but on the whole it felt like there was some unspoken understanding between me and the Viper.

Best way I can describe it is like this, it’s staring me down with its fangs primed, I’m staring right back with a bowie knife in hand, Both of us capable of ruining the others day, but instead we decide to work with each other instead of against each other.

Overall, It’s still a Viper, but a more capable and compliant one that if respected, can let you have some fun AND still chase lap records. :cheers:

Verdicts: Sleeper😉👍

Instead of me declaring the winner of last week's Special Challenge, I think I'll leave it to @SomePlayaDude to decide the winner, since he did say he wanted a "purist" build to compare to his own. Maybe he'll even review each of our setups individually? :)

To toot my own horn a bit, I think I have the best looking car, and all my mods are bolt–ons :) I think mine pretty pure... and in a manner of speaking, my run was the fastest because I posted mine first! :lol:

Now, @Baron Blitz Red is known for a few things here in Car of the Week: he likes red, and he drives in AT most of the time.

So it should follow then, that his pick for Week 37 is an automatic car that only looks right in red: the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20!

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231216102748.png

Baron Blitz Red

As with most things, my next pick was preplanned and changed multiple times 😂.

She caught my attention so well, I gave her the nickname GTammy... Looking no further than Italy in 2020, just ask for Giulia. 😎

As usual, feel free to share any photos, liveries, tunes, opinions, or stories regarding the Giulia this week if anyone has any!

If you're (rightfully) interested in some wheel to wheel action in a car wearing a name seeped deep in racing history, our usual weekly lobbies are held on Tuesday, December 19th, 10 P.M. CST (with DST) hosted by Vic_Reign93, and Saturday, December 23rd, 4 P.M. Singapore time (without DST) hosted by RX8Racer556, wherein we'll race the Giulia bone stock with BoP enabled on its default Sports Hard tyres on randomly selected tracks!

Can't join us for our lobbies? No worries, I can't make it either :( Which is why we also have a Special Challenge this week!

At the behest of Baron, he specifically wanted everyone to experience the Race of Turbo Sportscars at Interlagos with a bone stock Giulia, but then I got to thinking, "hmm, how do I spice that up even more...?"

In this week's ~Special Challenge~, I pose to everyone here the question of, "Is the Giulia the fastest 4–door sedan in the game?"

With a bone stock Giulia, I set a total race time of 8:48.540 across the 5 laps of Interlagos through traffic, making a few whoopsies along the way, but still attaining the Clean Race Bonus in the end.

With a hard PP cap of 581PP, you're free to take any 4–door sedan in the game and tune it up to that limit, and see if you can beat my imperfect time while also attaining the Clean Race Bonus!

Caveats:

• Since Baron wanted us to experience the Giulia bone stock, the Giulia cannot be modified if you decide to drive it for this challenge!
  • While they're TECHNICALLY not 4–door anymore, I'll allow the Atenza Gr.3 Road Car, the Evo Gr.B Road Car, and WRX Gr.B Road Car to be used in this challenge.
  • As it can't be equipped with a turbocharger, the Taycan Turbo S sadly is ineligible for this challenge... in spite of its name.

May the four leaf clover bless you with luck however you decide to participate this week!

Oh hey, would you look at that: there's only one car left to test in 2023! You know what that means, don't you?

It's Car of the Year time! (among other smaller awards that don't sound nearly as bombastic and catchy!)

At the end of each year, we'll go over all the cars we've tested here in COTW for the past year, and nominate them for various awards, some more flattering than others! I know we've had a shorter year this year, as we've only started COTW on GT7 in April. Still, I think we've had quite a fair variety of beaters and sleepers to make for a divisive award show!

To refresh your memory if you're THAT old, or if you're new here (welcome, by the way!), the awards to bicker over this year are...

• Best Looking Car Award
  • Worst Looking Car Award
  • Most American Car Award
  • Beater of the Year
  • Car of the Year
  • Honourable Mentions from GTS

If any of the ten cars we've tested back in GTS in early 2023 stuck out to you, feel free to give those cars a shoutout!

You can cast your votes for each of the abovementioned awards either here on this thread, or DM me via GTPlanet or PSN! If you've any other award you'd like to throw onto my loaded desk, or want to bring back some older awards like Sky High Roller or Best Artist, feel free to speak up here on this thread!

Now... discuss, and don't forget, we still have one car yet unrevealed next week that's eligible for the awards... :)

In this week's ~Special Challenge~, I pose to everyone here the question of, "Is the Giulia the fastest 4–door sedan in the game?"

With a bone stock Giulia, I set a total race time of 8:48.540 across the 5 laps of Interlagos through traffic, making a few whoopsies along the way, but still attaining the Clean Race Bonus in the end.

With a hard PP cap of 581PP, you're free to take any 4–door sedan in the game and tune it up to that limit, and see if you can beat my imperfect time while also attaining the Clean Race Bonus!

Caveats:

• Since Baron wanted us to experience the Giulia bone stock, the Giulia cannot be modified if you decide to drive it for this challenge!
  • While they're TECHNICALLY not 4–door anymore, I'll allow the Atenza Gr.3 Road Car, the Evo Gr.B Road Car, and WRX Gr.B Road Car to be used in this challenge.
  • As it can't be equipped with a turbocharger, the Taycan Turbo S sadly is ineligible for this challenge... in spite of its name.

May the four leaf clover bless you with luck however you decide to participate this week!
Three questions:

Does the RX-8 count as a 4 door?

Are engine swaps allowed?

And are Gr.3/4 cars allowed? (asking the obvious, but I’m covering my bases here, unlike what someone did with the RX-7 time trial :P)

Last edited:
Three questions:

Does the RX-8 count as a 4 door?

Are engine swaps allowed?

And are Gr.3/4 cars allowed? (asking the obvious, but I’m covering my bases here, unlike what someone did with the RX-7 time trial :P)
OF COURSE it does (see: my foreshadowing post).

Sure, go for it.

No, don't be a dick. (I believe most of their rear doors are sealed shut anyway, like the Gr.3 Road Cars).

Don't know about that red. I'm a Verde man myself. ;)

My usual short reviews, when I do contribute to this thread.
Awesome car. Glad Kaz-PD added this one. Love the flavour and aero options in GT Auto.
As for the car performance. Definitely standing ovation. Love me a RWD Alfa four door(four-door? 4-door? 4 door.). I'll even accept the big ass wheels that barely cover the big ass brakes.

Hey, it's no 75/Milano and not as cold chisel as a 164 QV(see what I did there? ;) ), but a Verde Guilia? GoTDAM!!!

About the Viper's, umm.. special challenge: the mentioned description is exactly how it's going to work: I'm building the Vipers, testing them and judging them in.. you can say more than just lap time. Nobody's winning anything but bragging rights, so I'm not in a hurry to do this... right?

But back to current events, here's for this week. After hinting my intentions with 5 minute editing of a picture, I suppose challenge is done?

full

And here be the time. Clean Race Bonus is also included.

full

The car itself..
Though, if you ask me, if you do use the Group B road cars, those things are really easy to toy with in terms of bullying the PP balance.

full

Yes, for those with sharp eyes: there is something to notice, and it's intentional.

Last edited:
Instead of me declaring the winner of last week's Special Challenge, I think I'll leave it to @SomePlayaDude to decide the winner, since he did say he wanted a "purist" build to compare to his own. Maybe he'll even review each of our setups individually? :)

To toot my own horn a bit, I think I have the best looking car, and all my mods are bolt–ons :) I think mine pretty pure... and in a manner of speaking, my run was the fastest because I posted mine first! :lol:

Now, @Baron Blitz Red is known for a few things here in Car of the Week: he likes red, and he drives in AT most of the time.

So it should follow then, that his pick for Week 37 is an automatic car that only looks right in red: the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20!

View attachment 1312517

As usual, feel free to share any photos, liveries, tunes, opinions, or stories regarding the Giulia this week if anyone has any!

If you're (rightfully) interested in some wheel to wheel action in a car wearing a name seeped deep in racing history, our usual weekly lobbies are held on Tuesday, December 19th, 10 P.M. CST (with DST) hosted by Vic_Reign93, and Saturday, December 23rd, 4 P.M. Singapore time (without DST) hosted by RX8Racer556, wherein we'll race the Giulia bone stock with BoP enabled on its default Sports Hard tyres on randomly selected tracks!

Can't join us for our lobbies? No worries, I can't make it either :( Which is why we also have a Special Challenge this week!

At the behest of Baron, he specifically wanted everyone to experience the Race of Turbo Sportscars at Interlagos with a bone stock Giulia, but then I got to thinking, "hmm, how do I spice that up even more...?"

Caveats:

I'm definitely in at the Saturday lobby. 9am is doable.

Umm, it's warranted, but I guess I gotta just let this fly..

I've already made a handful of a writeup of this car in the Forza Horizon 5 COTW, but well, the game treats it as a 2022 model year, even though I don't see much has changed. But it does give an excuse for new paragraphs!

So, what has 7 years of motorsport starter car gets to Mazda? Aside the big bucks, game documentation mentions their new Kinematic Posture Control (KPC), which means.. better steering and controllability of the rear when turning. Sounds handy. If only it would end up in a rear happy sports car. The Roadsters are rear happy, sure, but they're not the kind of car I would look up if I want to get a car doing that. Unless it's for the drifter's market. Or you know: what the NR-A is made for: the track racer's market.

I would flip through more pages, but.. umm.. flip, flip, flip.. there's nothing much that's added aside from racing aids and a better chassis. Which explains the small difference in PP. The drawback is that the ND has engine swaps, so if you're more inclined to that, I suppose you step aside and go for that domestic variant.

The ND is an automatic Sleeper believe it or not, because I'm invoking that rule that all Miatas are Sleepers. That rule might inch towards the Viper, but we'll see. Not to mention I also remember this car for being faster than Rambo Lambo. Which is unusual, but then again, if I do remember driving Rambo Lambo on Forza, I say it's not unusual at all.

Seeing the maestro's hatred on this car, I too was ready for something nasty. But is it nasty? I mean the intent is in no ways an ill one.

So, RE Amemiya is the specialized tuner brand for rotary cars. I had a quick look at the naming, and this Chiba Prefecture based tuning brand's actually got a meaning behind their name, meaning Rotary Engine, then the surname of founder Isami Amemiya. Now, it's not in house like Type Rs or AMGs, but they've been in this game since 1974.. which is a really long time. I'm not going to dig this hole to see what cars they've messed with, because their moment of fame came with them messing with Mazda's signature ride: the FD RX-7. But if 'messing' is the word I'm using, it's definitely not the most accurate of descriptions for them. Because they are the guys who managed to get the likes of this car into competition, namely D1GP and Super GT.

With a lightweight 1.2 tons body and a 50-50 balance ratio, these are just parts of the pieces that allow it to shine as the star of the track. The engine still remains to be the 13B rotary remained from the ordinary FD, but what's done just isn't. Raised to 366 horsepower without any adjustment from the turbo, the car has a racing flair to it while being street legal. Just about every part that's not the base is pretty much aftermarket, from the intercooler, exhaust, aero kits, suspension and more.

I'm not familiar with its reputation with Hot Version, but I hear it's been a real hoot with the car having quite the streak on the touge, with the in game describing it as 'the demon lord of mountain paths'. And with considerations of the car's history, there's not much else I can say but brace for any incoming oversteer.

You might notice also the lack of a story paragraph with the NR-A. Aren't you keen eyed? Well, I've decided I don't have much to speak for with these 2 cars.. perhaps due to me being quite bored with Mazda Month. So, it's one short. But I'll introduce a complelety irrelevant character to perhaps make this even worse.

Story: Atlas Fowler

Back in to the Kei car side saddle, we now head into the S660. Now, with its mid mounted rear wheel drive layout, you can say it's related to Honda's past kei car undertaking in the early 90s with the Beat. It's meant to succeed it after all, so you aren't far off if you had that thought. Being a Kei car, it has to conform to regulations, such as having a 660 cc 3 cylinder engine (also you can see that's where the numbers came from) taken from fellow kei car the N-Box. However, the engine is modified to have a higher redlines and also comes with a turbo to boot, taking all this to a 6 speed gearbox.

An interesting bit of history with the S660: its part tensile steel and aluminium body are designed based off a contest Honda went to host in 2013, with the winner was decided from a whopping 400 submissions. And not only is the design new, it's functional. It's mentioned that the S660 can handle G forces better than Honda's last undertaking with a targa top in the S2000. Not to mention the car's specially made 16 inch wheels in tandem with the car carrying Honda's then new Agile Handling Assist system, these elements allow the car to retain its stability when intense turning is required.

If we take out the issues Kei cars have which come in the lack of size and power, the S660 is said to be the sort of perfect little sports car for any enthusiast. I've been in these a few times in the past, and being about 6 foot, I'd say it's not bad in the space department, though if you were a ravishing Dutch stunt actor with a major lack of exposure to these, I'd say you have to get out of your comfort zone and have a go at what might be, to this day, a uniquely Gran Turismo experience.

Speaking of comfort zone, I think when it comes to story writing, it's the right time to take on Lake Louise.
And Carlyle. I haven't seen that guy in a while.

Story: Chase By The Lake

Back in 2008, it be the era of bringing back the glory days of late 60s muscle with the Mustang going strong, and the Camaro coming in not too far away. So Dodge too was in this game, and gave us the big boxy Challenger, meant to bring us the fact that big is best. Or is it? I have a lot to say about big being good, I mea-yes you can tell I'm already heading to penis size. Jeez.

But the Challenger was not a failure. Nope. If we head back to 2015, Dodge has gave revision after revision and eventually released the 707 horsepowered Challenger SRT Hellcat. Meant to be a powerhouse on the cheap, the Hellcat's numbers means it easily outshone its rivals that decided that keeping a straight line isn't the most important thing, while in this: it's the mission objective. Rather than take the advice of its peers, Dodge decided to let the Viper be that model while the Challenger went straight on to hell..

I mean, it did. By 2018, the Challenger received what might be its most infamous variant yet: a road going dragster called the Demon. And like how the Challenger does numbers, the Demon is a straight up drag racing mean sumbeach, with the option for passenger and rear seats to be added as options, not standard. But if I had to back up my claim of it being a numbers car, the Demon is claimed to make a 0-60 at 2.3 seconds, with a quarter mile of 9.7. For comparison: an AWD Chiron does this in 2.4 seconds.

These are absurd numbers, and as we've seen with the in game research, a little too absurd? This car is a shining example of being a fighting game boss character that you unlock for regular use, because in the hands of the player, you can't help but feel.. underwhelmed. Even with possibly the most monstrous HEMI V8 ever produced, there's not much you can do outside a drag strip. And even on it, it's banned by the NHRA, which claims that a car this fast needs to carry a certified rollcage. And don't get me started on its 1 dollar tuning kit, known as the Demon Crate, giving it track ready credentials.

Enough with the details of this hell tinged muscle, it's story time. Now, as another excellent tertiary car for a certain British based LA gangster, how about we head for a Fast and Furious style use of cars, huh?

Story: Eight is The Magic Number

You know, when the game even mentioned the car as the beginning of legend, you'd be hard pressed to agree until you see how many M3s do you have in the game. This is Bavarian goodness, and you can let me, and the millions that understand this legend explain to you.

Another German homologation car, eh? There are quite a selection of these that are incredible successes in Germany, ja? BMW's big break would come in the form of their sedans they build to race, as seen by this modified E30. Developed by BMW's M motorsports division, this car's noted to be a late 80's racecar guised as a compact sedan, with the performance as well as its styling. Powered by a 200 horsepower inline 4 engine, the M3 was produced for DTM and Group A racing, which at the time needs a minimum 5 thousand production run. Using some of their racing know how, BMW went on to put some outside modifications such as wider fender flares and tire tread, alongside the spoiler and bodykit.

Among other improvements, the car became a sensation among German car enthusiasts, not excluding those who wished it to appear in a GT game by the time this site had a working car voting system. So, BMW rode with the flow and went to create 3 more variants, including a convertible, and what we have here as the Sport Evolution, which is the final variant of the E30 M3 sold to the public, which had a bigger displacement inline 4, upwards of 2.5 liters from the 2.3, which got it a boost to 238 horsepower and a 155 MPH top speed, as well as a modified aero kit, notably an adjustable front splitter.

It's the penultimate paragraphs, so I go to story. Along with the FD RX-7 quite some time ago, the BMW M3 Evolution is a designated Signature Car. Known mainly as the Angel of the Abyss, Angelos Marius now steps up to the light as this week's highlight, as he had back in the week we had the S15.

The most recurring winner of the prestigious street legal Circuito de la Sierra road rally. Angelos is a emo dressed bitter loner whose only satisfactions in life include being fast while representing what his angry heart's desires.

Theme Song: Black Sabbath - I
Racing Duel Music: Dio - One More for the Road
Nationality: Greek
Current occupation: Race car driver
Distinct features: Messy grey/white bob with a protruding end over his right eye. Thin triangular face. Droopy eyes with visible dark eyebags under. Thin tall grecian nose with thin wide discolored mouth. Average height and weight over beige skin. Skin is full of cut like blemishes.
Choice of clothing: His clothes have a lot of hints of metal in them due to his gothic emo lifestyle. Usually with a tight t-shirt, combined with studded bracers, tight dark jeans and boots. And he's never seen without his navy blue bespoke fashion jacket with studded metal pieces everywhere.
Cars: BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution, BMW Vision GT

Olympia born Angelos is an only child, mainly stemming by his mother divorcing when he was still young, leaving his often away from home father to care for him. His lifestyle has him juggle between relatives and his father, growing resentful on them and strangers in general over time by thinking he's just an afterthought. His teenage days has him usually found doing various acts on the slums he hangs about, from pranks, skateboards to graffiti.

A loner at home means he's also a loner at his school days. He's often felt jealousy and while initially the subject of pressures from social gatherings there, he's felt an identity found when forced a role in a play he fondly looks back: one about Greek mythology. Surrounded in darkness, he plays the role of Erebos: the deity of darkness. It's said his personality afterwards took shape from his impressions playing this character, as well as dissolve any sense of shyness in him.

His only prize cherished was an E92 M3 gifted by his father for gaining a foothold in life, strangely never to be seen publicly after. This car he would nurture like the parent his family failed to be, and a quick stop for license tests gave him another way to take his rage elsewhere: road racing. In a short 4 year period, he went from a Clubman Cup frequenter around Europe, to the most prominent road rally champion of the Circuito de la Sierra.

He lives the good life alone after, but a conspiracy involving the Assassin's Guild grim reaper has him disappear from public eyes, destroying his beloved M3. While he couldn't think straight in this fit of rage, the intervention of the Street Racing Oni allowed him to survive, stronger than before and with another shoulder to lean on.

Often grumpy and alone a lot, but behind all that sharp edges and punk decor is a harsh, productive, talented time trial specialist, now adopting the moniker of the deity he represented all those year back.

And for this week, I feel it's time for Candy to delve more into this emo character of his, as well as his newly kindled relationship with that one armed, S2000 driving, dog lover Isamu. I shouldn't be giving out these backstories left and right, but the timing can't be any better.

Story: The Chronicling of Erebos

Welcome back to another episode where it revolves around me making a fuss out of what turns out to be the greatest meme in COTW history. Well, that I mean by me, of course. Did I mention I'm sometimes egotistical?

Having ending the Cooper name, MINIs are doomed to die until they are purchased by BMW in the late 90s, and a new MINI was born, with the MINI One. What might be odd to many people is that they're.. not so mini anymore in terms of size? Well, we live in the age where the hot hatch is nealy the size of an SUV, so let's not argue too much about that.

With a lot of its design looking back at the greatness of its classical 60s design that made it iconic, there's no way anyone can say this is related to that car then. It's a modern look of the everyday hot hatch based on the Austin Mini. However, in 2005, this variant of the S, coded the R50, was given a supercharger for its troubles, should it even have any. The car's known for its handling, and that's no exception today too. Anyways, the supercharger give it wonders when comparing it to its rivals. It would make for a peppy car, especially in the mid RPM regions.

Before you argue if the car's German or British (British name, German engineering), what you're getting is perhaps an excellent FWF hot hatch for general low to mid range performance. I've yet to see when this car's to disappoint me. If there's a case of further disappointment, be sure to nominate the VX Viper before I do..

I shouldn't have said that.. I should NOT have said that.

Anyways, who's a big fan of happy reunions? I hope to those reading these furhter texts are..

Story: The Comeback

Ughh, pages.. umm..

The Autobianchi A112 is a developed hatch that has been known as the Italian Austin Mini, thanks to how similar it's transverse engin FWD layout is to said car. Designed by Gandini who did most high profile Lamborghinis (SPD nominate Miura when??), the car would serve as the rival to the.. mentioned Mini with a similar philosophy, which you can see with a compact body and a small inline 4 engine called the tipo.

Umm.. not much else to go on with? Yeah, to me, this is one obscure car, but to be in a few Gran Turismo games would mean there's something that caught the eyes of these gearheads that develop this. I for one don't see it. It reflects on my driving on it, where I couldn't find the sweet spot of it. Maybe I'm not cut out to be good in it at all.

The car's later models would find its engine bumped to a 1050cc displacement that allowed its 70 hp credentials to shine brightly that would carry a 700 kg burden. But if anything, it did help contribute to the hot hatch scene at its relevant times, which I feel would continue with the original Golf, Fiesta and Civic. Then again, Italy isn't really about exotic sports cars: they've got tiny hot hatch on the pen too. See.. a few more Abarth cars, the Lancia Delta, of course, perhaps.. the MiTO?

Actually.. don't see the MiTO. Let's head to Goodwood to see if it'll cheer me up.

Story: Heart of The Sport

Ahh, SPD nominee time. Thanks to Week 34, all cars that I've ended up nominating are now delving in the personal side. So, while I was asked about the Carrera GT (don't worry, I'll let this cook), I'll reveal that I have at least 2 cars to nominate before that can come out in full force. One of them is perhaps my current definition of a dream car: the final variant of the Dodge Viper.

Known as the car that would butt heads with the Corvette since its debut in 1991, the Viper would be known to many as the modern day Shelby Cobra, due to the fact it after all was perceived initially by Carroll Shelby. With a Lamborghini derived, but horrendously thirsty V10, the Viper would live on as the flagship model for Dodge as what they see as the modern muscle car, akin to what Shelby saw the Cobra as.

While it's been on and off with its long run, the final batch of these cars would come in 2013. With a striking aggressive look, beautiful roaring V10, and a secret weapon in its newly developed rigid chassis, the Viper was bound for a stroke of misfortune, despite all it's got. Priced at around 100 thousand USD, and carrying all kinds of amenities a racer would love like ABS, traction control, a freaking viper logo on high RPMS.. okay, I made that last bit up, but you'd be surprised if I can sell you a car because it lights up when you want it to light up, right?

However, what caused the end of Dodge was attributed to the Viper's one weakness: safety. Alongside poor sales, the car would end production in 2017. Though, it didn't stop its spirit from making impressions. I see in any game there's a Dodge, you can bet it's a VX Viper sitting idly, waiting for you to rev up that monster V10, of which I can say is better than that of a Huracan, Carrera GT, or LFA. Because it makes my man parts go wild.

This model of Viper also lies on Signature Car territory. The biggest case of an overpowered self insert into a story, Sonny Meng is either the most lovable dick, or a dick that forces you to love him. Either way, he's a dick, and it's one of my favorite changes I have to make before he's just the boring cool guy. A recurring entity looking for the perfect wife, today he's getting the shine on, as if there's another part of his body that he can shine at will (that's his teeth, his eyes and his abs, and don't ask why I haven't done the abs yet).

Bohemian Like You plays

Once part of the greatest street racing crew in the UK, Sonny's now a key player in The List's day to day finances. While these days, he's started a long running racing career, leading to a gigantic bounty of success. This egotistical, proven all around badass comes forward as the most divisive top racing figure in the USA.

Theme Song: Rush - Vapor Trail, The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Racing Duel Music: A Silent Truth - Chariot (Daycore)
Nationality: Half Singaporean, half American
Current occupation: As he would state it: a mother[BLEEP]ing racing celebrity
Distinct features: Curled, black medium long hair, always semi-shiny. Handsome, diamond Asian like face and skin tone, with a long stubble combined with a Zappa. Narrow angled eyes that shine when he wants to. Overcompensating perfect teeth that glares when he wants to. Slightly taller, semi slim build, with mild developed muscle, also that gleam when he wants to.
Choice of clothing: Usually in biker style clothing, including leather all around with an undershirt.
Cars: Dodge SRT Viper GTS, Chevrolet Camaro Z28, Ferrari 288 GTO, GT By Citroen Road Car

While he might have a Singaporean father, his work as a presidential bodyguard means Sonny's an all American citizen. Birthed in Washington, he moved to California when he was still very young. There, he would meet the eventual leader of The List, and befriend him, being his social contact that would relate with him as that man would darken. On the contrary, Sonny remained as optimistic as he always has been.

But his optimism didn't carry over to his education, where he was often the main culprit of racism as an issue there. It was then he would learn, then utilize his famous mantra of always being one step ahead. By using his birthday gift: a 69 Camaro, he would cause what he would dub as the best graduation day ever: getting just about every nemeses in his school driver license suspensions, while he gets away scot free. Due to this epic win, his egoist side would rise from then onwards, possibly never reaching a ceiling.

It wouldn't stop there. Applying to study in London found itself to be a costly move, and he would bring said Camaro over the Atlantic to begin street racing in those streets just to break even. And past that, UK's top street racing crew known as the Prophecy would take attention, and adopt him as the first ever mentored student, known as a Chosen. Even though Sonny did graduate with middling honours and is ready for adult life, he chose to spend his earnings to chase his hobbies, and to everyone's surprise: it would end up being his life's work, with his unshakeable ego and skill would put him in the podium spot of any racing field he touches.

In addition to his successful racing career, he took on the role as The List's main income source, internally codenamed "Chimera". In recent years, Sonny's momentum has been halted when his mother passed, and now has a mission to find the Mrs. Meng to succeed even further than just his wealth and fame. These days, while he might be the badass he claims, he's also bound to lure in all sorts of trouble, such as the bad luck he's known for among his divisive peers, alongside his, what he dubs: 'favorite hostile secret admirer' in Nirvana.

And I suppose I do have to remaster Sonny and THE BEAST eventually, so here it is. Cue Bohemian Like You.

Yes, there's 3 links of the same song, and be sure to expect a couple more..

Story: Sonny and THE BEAST: Revisited

I'm sure you know in history the saloon car is a known place to find a lot of sleepers. You can say there are classics that show this trend going strong and wide open, from classics like the Renault R8 Gordini, and the Ford Lotus Cortina, to a more modern selection such as the whole roster of Audi and BMW saloons with hordes of unneeded power in their hoods. Not to mention America with their killer Cadillacs and Hellcats. It's an interesting flavor to taste now and then, mainly what they have in practicality has to be traded off with weight.

A known exception, the current era Alfa Romeo produced Giulia is what people are calling the sportiest sedan of the bunch, praising how it drove when you can bring along 3 more adults for the ride. Initially revealed as the company's celebration of 105 years, the Giulia takes on a whole lot of new from Alfa, mainly their motto: "La Meccanica Delle Emozioni”. Offered with either an inline 4 or a V6 (we don't talk about diesel), it's what I would say is the ultimate commuting car. Yes, that's out of my ass, as I don't have a clue on how well this thing is on fuel saving.

5 years later, on Alfa Romeo's 110th anniversary, the car got a significant trim upgrade to the GTAm, which was an upgrade to the Giulia's upgraded Quadrifoglio trim. So they pumped the car up to 530 horsepower, and lightened the 4 door to about 1.6 tons. Being a track package, the GTAm has a roll cage, no rear seats, lightweight Lexan windows, widened track, single bolt 20 inch rims, and new bodywork courtesy of their F1 partner Sauber. Buying the car also nets you a special GTA racing helmet, racing suit, and an Alfa Romeo driving school invite.

Though it does make me think about the car's use of rear space. If it can't carry people, can it carry groceries?

On to the story. What do you know? No, of course you don't. Only I know. The Giulia GTAm is another Signature Car. So it's a 2 in a row moment! I doubt we're going to top this (unless someone gets lucky).

As someone unnannounced, I guess it's time for BBM to come back, and themed the racing version of a crooked lawyer, perhaps my exposure on a certain criminal lawyer might flesh him out further this time around.

Ruthless backwoods private attorney, formerly known as Judge Bill for his unrelenting chase for the verdict he prefers. In recent days, Billy Bob's been promoted from your usual hodunk lawyer raised in middle of the US of A, to who racers call for to judge even the most inconclusive of racing incidents, often to the favor of the lesser.

Theme Song: Triumph - Fight The Good Fight
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Attorney
Distinct features: Scruffy, medium long dark brown hair. Rounded face. Wide, thin tired brown eyes, thick narrow upturned nose, and well kept but constantly drying thin mouth. Thin layer of combined mutton chops and chin strap. Whitened teeth that obviously shows sign it's been worked with. Semi-tall, with a semi-slim muscular build.
Choice of clothing: Suit vest with collared undershirt, along with a bowtie. Comes with matching suit pants and suede shies, and a crocodile skinned belt with a large gleaming buckle with the initials BBM. Always has a wallet chain dangling off his side pocket, and his district attorney's badge on his chest.
Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm

Virginia born Bill was brought up an only child to two people he can hardly call his parents. Stuck with his father ever since his mother pretty much left him into obscurity, Bill didn't enjoy looking back at his past, and instead went through life as if he was cruising down a river, earning him the cool, sort of charming character one could get from living in rural America. What did however make Bill stand out in his life was his smarts. Not only was he a top grading student in school, he also was into wrestling, getting the gold medal in middle school. He might be built like a crocodile, but what muscle he utilizes better comes from his thinking.

Getting out of high school, Bill ended up desperate for work as his family's lifestyle took a toll to their finances by a large medical corporation abusing their addiction to various substances. Not keen on leaving this be, he went to save for an educational loan. While this might be the most demanding of challenges for him, passing the bar exam to become a lawyer. Taking on smaller jobs, he wasn't popular with the crowd, aside from one case where he proved innocent of a German rockstar slash magician. and his large bodyguard.

While working for a larger firm in New York, he took the case he awaited his whole adult life for: the one that aims to end the suffering of whatever family he has left by that giant pharma. Though he got the verdict he wanted through a level of dedication he rivalled when he was earning his badge, his relatives were too far gone, blaming him for the loss of their ecstasy, causing Bill to be cast out from his family and his work.

Alone, he however befriended an older client: a truck racer, who introduced him to the world of racing. There, he saw all the drama and the action collide, feeling in him that this path to settlements would lead him to be known as Billy Justice: the man that'll find the truth in any major incident on track.. or find the best result for his wallet.

From your usual boring lawyer, completely repackaged for the racing world. Let's see what I have in store for this part all the way in the Glen.. I mean, well, his office is by Watkins Glen.

Story: The Mythic Turnabout

Managed a 07.17.411 stock and is thus a tad quicker around the Nords, than the C8 (let's be honest they're pretty much equally quick). YT review: "There's been A LOT of hype surrounding this car irl, especially its handling capabilities. Well now the question is obviously: Can it live up to this hype? Short answer: yes. It really is quite extraordinary. It looks awesome, sounds nice, is quick in a straight line and has a very unique, but great driving feel! It does feel a lot more direct and sharper compared to the C8 and on top of that it is actually also quicker. Wowzer! So yeah, obviously I liked it a lot. Truely a great car!

Nordschleife rivalry:

Tsukuba rivalry:

1km drag race rivalry:

Verdict: expected sleeper

Last edited:
Oh hey, would you look at that: there's only one car left to test in 2023! You know what that means, don't you?

It's Car of the Year time! (among other smaller awards that don't sound nearly as bombastic and catchy!)

At the end of each year, we'll go over all the cars we've tested here in COTW for the past year, and nominate them for various awards, some more flattering than others! I know we've had a shorter year this year, as we've only started COTW on GT7 in April. Still, I think we've had quite a fair variety of beaters and sleepers to make for a divisive award show!

To refresh your memory if you're THAT old, or if you're new here (welcome, by the way!), the awards to bicker over this year are...

• Best Looking Car Award
  • Worst Looking Car Award
  • Most American Car Award
  • Beater of the Year
  • Car of the Year
  • Honourable Mentions from GTS

If any of the ten cars we've tested back in GTS in early 2023 stuck out to you, feel free to give those cars a shoutout!

You can cast your votes for each of the abovementioned awards either here on this thread, or DM me via GTPlanet or PSN! If you've any other award you'd like to throw onto my loaded desk, or want to bring back some older awards like Sky High Roller or Best Artist, feel free to speak up here on this thread!

Now... discuss, and don't forget, we still have one car yet unrevealed next week that's eligible for the awards... :)

Honestly….for me, it’s not even close.

IMG_3911.jpeg

Besides, OB made a really cool livery for us for when we curb-stomped’ the SRC gang 😎

Last edited:
I know our PSN thread is going off right now with screen shots, glitched tunes, manipulation of the rules, ect.

But in a constant attempt to get this thread to gain the attention it deserves, I’m going to post here and bump it to the top.

Here’s my approach to on getting to Square’s target time. Full on DTM race car! There might be a couple more seconds in there, but I might be headed over to Praiano’s garage for a different tune so I can get this car to handle well without taking the PP penalty of RH tires.

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3915.jpeg

My opinion of the Guilla tonight:

Yes, she’s rather portly and her poor shoes are screaming in agony at every single input - no matter how minute.

But…

She’s a dancer nonetheless.

Neutral. But there’s much better driver’s cars out there

Last edited:
The 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm is an amazing car that doesn't feel amazing.

It's fast. It's agile. And I think it has a PP rating way too low for the performance it has; a Tesla Model 3 with just about 1 PP over it got out braked and out cornered by the Giulia, and even the instant torque of an EV couldn't reel back in the screaming Alfas. If that's not convincing enough, the Giulia utterly HUMILIATED a VX Viper and a Charger Hellcat around Interlagis, and both Dodges were almost 600PP!

I know it might just be a chemistry thing, and it for sure will be an unpopular opinion, but I just didn't get along with the Giulia, and really didn't have much fun with it.

The Giulia just felt freaking weird to drive at the limit. It feels stable, agile, and reassuring right up to about 8 tenths, and just when you lean in on bit for just that bit more past that, the springs feel like they just collapse instantly and send the car into a spin. Same deal with the tyres; they grip, until they don't, at which point they let go suddenly without any warning. And when the car loses grip, even the diff starts to get confused. I can't really explain what goes on exactly with the car, other than "it feels freaking weird, I don't get it, and I don't like it".

You know what I want from a high performance sedan that traded in all its class, subtlety, and practicality for on–track performance? I want to drive it at 8 tenths, and not a morsel more. You know what I want from a car protruding with bare carbon aero parts from every angle, like a bad Blender project from someone just learning the software? I want to brake HARD for 130R and risk losing the rear at 160km/h in the process. You know what I want from an Alfa, with a long history and persistent reputation for having unmatched soul and passion in the automotive industry? I want a monotonous turbo V6 that needs to be short shifted. You know what I want from possibly the last hurrah of the internal combustion engine? Brake and steer by wire that makes the car dull and awkward.

I may have come in dead last with the Charger Hellcat, and I did risk getting rear ended by the much lighter Giulias in the braking zones. And my Hellcat drank more. And I was power oversteering in 5th on the home straight of Interlagos. But I was giggling my ASS off at the end of that hard fought race. The Hellcat may not have the outright performance of the Giulia, but it at least still works as a sedan, and it's slides are a lot easier to feel coming and correct from. It knows what it is. The Giulia, I'm not so sure IT knows what the hell it is.

I'll tell you what it is to me, though: a Beater.

The 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm is an amazing car that doesn't feel amazing.

It's fast. It's agile. And I think it has a PP rating way too low for the performance it has; a Tesla Model 3 with just about 1 PP over it got out braked and out cornered by the Giulia, and even the instant torque of an EV couldn't reel back in the screaming Alfas. If that's not convincing enough, the Giulia utterly HUMILIATED a VX Viper and a Charger Hellcat around Interlagis, and both Dodges were almost 600PP!

I know it might just be a chemistry thing, and it for sure will be an unpopular opinion, but I just didn't get along with the Giulia, and really didn't have much fun with it.

The Giulia just felt freaking weird to drive at the limit. It feels stable, agile, and reassuring right up to about 8 tenths, and just when you lean in on bit for just that bit more past that, the springs feel like they just collapse instantly and send the car into a spin. Same deal with the tyres; they grip, until they don't, at which point they let go suddenly without any warning. And when the car loses grip, even the diff starts to get confused. I can't really explain what goes on exactly with the car, other than "it feels freaking weird, I don't get it, and I don't like it".

You know what I want from a high performance sedan that traded in all its class, subtlety, and practicality for on–track performance? I want to drive it at 8 tenths, and not a morsel more. You know what I want from a car protruding with bare carbon aero parts from every angle, like a bad Blender project from someone just learning the software? I want to brake HARD for 130R and risk losing the rear at 160km/h in the process. You know what I want from an Alfa, with a long history and persistent reputation for having unmatched soul and passion in the automotive industry? I want a monotonous turbo V6 that needs to be short shifted. You know what I want from possibly the last hurrah of the internal combustion engine? Brake and steer by wire that makes the car dull and awkward.

I may have come in dead last with the Charger Hellcat, and I did risk getting rear ended by the much lighter Giulias in the braking zones. And my Hellcat drank more. And I was power oversteering in 5th on the home straight of Interlagos. But I was giggling my ASS off at the end of that hard fought race. The Hellcat may not have the outright performance of the Giulia, but it at least still works as a sedan, and it's slides are a lot easier to feel coming and correct from. It knows what it is. The Giulia, I'm not so sure IT knows what the hell it is.

I'll tell you what it is to me, though: a Beater.
Yeesh. The Hellcat IS faster though...

Yeesh. The Hellcat IS faster though...
Around which track? In your own testing, the Hellcat did a rough 7:30 around the Nordschleife, and the GTAm did a 7:17. I know those times are from two different games, but the Hellcat would literally need Mario Kart physics to even get close to the Giulia, even on a power focused track. Surely you're not going to tell me the Charger was faster around Tsukuba.

I know I was driving badly in this race, but watch this replay and tell me the Hellcat had any chance in hell of catching the top two Giulias around Interlagos.

Around which track? In your own testing, the Hellcat did a rough 7:30 around the Nordschleife, and the GTAm did a 7:17. I know those times are from two different games, but the Hellcat would literally need Mario Kart physics to even get close to the Giulia, even on a power focused track. Surely you're not going to tell me the Charger was faster around Tsukuba.

I know I was driving badly in this race, but watch this replay and tell me the Hellcat had any chance in hell of catching the top two Giulias around Interlagos.

I confused the Hellcat with the Demon. Sorry. :P

Back