Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 969 comments
Impreza STi's look pretty nice in that baby yellow color.

E36's were offered in Violet Blue, Santorini Blue, and Byzanz Orange.

DSCF2169.jpg

Plum Crazy isn't odd for Dodge? Yellow on Lambo? Pearlscent purple/green is odd colour, but many TVRs have them so we shouldn't post TVRs?
Considering those colours, Lamborghini yellows aside, are actually odd*, they're fine. British Racing Green, however is pretty synonymous with Jaguars, no?

*edit for clarity: colour shift paints and purples aren't common on many cars, so they're interesting enough to catch your eye no matter what they're on. Yellow Lamborghini are eyecatching because... well... they're Lamborghinis.

Colour shift paints are just tacky in my opinion and even on TVR's for that matter. They look odd but does not make the car aesthetically pleasing.

BRG is no means of an odd colour to be put on a British car, let alone a XJ220.

Considering those colours, Lamborghini yellows aside, are actually odd, they're fine. British Racing Green, however is pretty synonymous with Jaguars, no?
The tread doesn't have rare or unpopular in title. In title at least.
BRG is no means of an odd colour to be put on a British car, let alone a XJ220.
I think I missed the poiont of the thread then. So if it was put on a Ferrari, would that Ferrari be allowed on this thread? I think this thread was about cars that look good in odd colours, but it looks like its about very odd but surprisingly good looking color and car combinations. (very uncommon colours on cars that are very unlikely to have them, not odd coloured cars, no matter their rarity.)

jaguar-xj220-c303006022014131004_1.jpg

this is odd too but it's also :yuck:
jaguar-xj220-c543616012014203803_6.jpg

this is also odd one, for Jaguar and generally. And it looks good

Last edited:
The tread doesn't have rare or unpopular in title. In title at least.
It has odd though, which sorta means the colour has to be odd, which, when it comes to Jaguars, British Racing Green isn't.

I think I missed the poiont of the thread then. So if it was put on a Ferrari, would that Ferrari be allowed on this thread?
Yes because that is odd.

I think this thread was about cars that look good in odd colours, but it looks like its about very odd but surprisingly good looking color and car combinations. (very uncommon colours on cars that are very unlikely to have them, not odd coloured cars, no matter their rarity.
No, you got it right the 1st time. Just BRG isn't an odd colour for a Jaguar.

Yes. If it wasn't applied on British cars hence why it is called British Racing Green.

This would be an example of an odd choice of BRG.
So, XJ220 is in it's usual colour, while BMW isn't. But usual isn't opposite of odd, it's ordinary AFAIK. Still BMW is way more odd and unique, just like XJ220 is in dark purple. Now, if somebody painted F Type SVR to BGR, which is unavailable to it officially, would that be considered odd?

is BRG itself an odd colour?
Depends on the context the colour is used in. Applied to something like a Ferrari, sure. A Jaguar, a distinctly British company with a history involving iconic racers painted in BRG so it just seems a more natural fit.
unavailable to it officially, would that be considered odd?
See above.

Back