Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 969 comments
I think you're done for the night. There's a hard top MINI local to me with the same sort of paint job, and it just doesn't suit it really. I don't think it suits any car, not even TVRs but hey...

Well, call me a oddball, I freaking would want it. My tastes are sometimes questionable but you''d be not surprised at all.

Though, I found something that can actually work. If this doesn't, I'm done for the night.
3546237429_cbf5af0f26.jpg

Well, TVR does work nicely and they're british. Mini are also british and oddly enough, this works well for it. There's is a small pattern, I guess. Like one of the pages or images we saw, Jaguar car, also british - looks grand.
I think that works really nicely. Chameleon paint doesn't work on most cars but I like this Mini.

Now I am done. If you think those paints don't work on TVR's, that's just your opinion. Well, GG. Off to bed I go.
They don't. It's just yet another gimmick to make the cars seem more like a caricature of an actual TVR, especially with the later models which were stupid for the sake of being stupid.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Hellcat, but I must admit it looks pretty nice in Plum Crazy purple.
This is a classic Dodge color and one of my personal favorites, too.

Related side story... at a gas station years back a guy in a purple Challenger said the gold wheels on my STI looked kinda silly. I laughed, because I thought he was joking. I don't think he was joking.

'Austin Yellow' is that slightly greeny metallic yellow BMW colour. Dakar Yellow is quite a flat almost washed out yellow.

Last edited:
Ahh I know which one you mean now, also available on E36s too if I'm not wrong? If so then yeah, that's a bit too bright of an example really.

I wouldn't call either particularly odd, just a product of their time. Show me any 1970s sports car or supercar that wasn't available in some form of loud green/blue/yellow et cetera. Odd perhaps for a modern car, but vibrant colours are making a bit of a comeback.

Bo
I wouldn't call either particularly odd, just a product of their time. Show me any 1970s sports car or supercar that wasn't available in some form of loud green/blue/yellow et cetera. Odd perhaps for a modern car, but vibrant colours are making a bit of a comeback.
I won't argue with that, the color isn't odd on that particular car. Think I might be misinterpreting the purpose of this thread.

I like bright yellows that have a solid darker tinge to them, a bit like that S2000.

Okay, time for a proper car in purple. I looked at other, Doesn't fit on Aventador and other Lamborghini's. But this car, my favourite of them - does it just well.

original.jpg

Seriously, it's hard to not look at i. It fits the Diablo perfectly. Belissimo.

-----

I also bring a VT 6.0 with an odd color alright - Viola Ophelia, quite the nice purple metallic shade.

hever2010_05.jpg

EDIT: Found one in Light Blue. Wow.
8WV5rTuN.jpg

Back