Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 969 comments
E46 in Türkis metallic: autoscout24.ch

wl3f3o.jpg

OK, sold. I want it. Laguna Seca leather inside with brushed alloy trim and that's my kind of daily.

I don't know if it's an odd colour per se, but the Lexus RC F, in my opinion, looks the best in bright orange. It's not a subtle car, so subtle colours don't look good on it. In loud colours, on the other hand:

lexus-rc-f-makes-467-hp-full-engine-specs-and-price-revealed_6.jpg
The Carbon PKG really helps pull it off as well. Not sure Molten Pearl works as well on the GSF, though.

Only LFA in the world with this color. It was my first time seeing it and my god, it was love at first sight. I'd definantly kill someone to have this car in this color.

Untitled by Lawrence King, on Flickr

Nice to see this car has a home. Was for sale for a long time.

Some of my all time favorite 911s come in some funky factory colors that just work so well on the cars.

Peppermint Green
647819d1342051738-mint-green-sure-looks-tasty-mint-green-964.png

Rubystone Red
Rubystone-Red-Porsche-964-Carrera.jpg

Riviera Blue
Riviera-Blue-Porsche-993-997-RS.jpg

Birch Green
porsche-911-rs-1974.jpg

Miami Blue
2017-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-Coupe-front-three-quarter.jpg

Violet Blue
porsche-993-c4s.jpg

Even the new Ultraviolet color. I can't wait to see one in person.
evo-gt3rs.jpg

Last edited:
I think part of it is because Paint to Sample 911s can actually increase it's future value. In Ferrari world, that usually isn't true. It's called Resale Red for a reason haha.

I think part of it is because Paint to Sample 911s can actually increase it's future value. In Ferrari world, that usually isn't true. It's called Resale Red for a reason haha.
Most definitely. But it's not only the paint to sample colors that are strange, there are some wild factory color options out there too.

Chameleon paint is odd just because it's odd that anyone would want it, especially on a BMW :lol:

Uh...I meant I would drive it, even with that paint so...nevermind.
And I'm saying it's a bad colour for it, and I refer you to my earlier joke about the only odd thing being why anyone would want that on an 8 series.

And I'm saying it's a bad colour for it, and I refer you to my earlier joke about the only odd thing being why anyone would want that on an 8 series.

Well, call me a oddball, I freaking would want it. My tastes are sometimes questionable but you''d be not surprised at all.

Though, I found something that can actually work. If this doesn't, I'm done for the night.
3546237429_cbf5af0f26.jpg

Well, TVR does work nicely and they're british. Mini are also british and oddly enough, this works well for it. There's is a small pattern, I guess. Like one of the pages or images we saw, Jaguar car, also british - looks grand.

Back