Cars you can't believe didn't come to GT Sport

Brazil
Brazil
wagnerFAM98
Car pack updates are no longer a thing on GT Sport, and that's no surprise, every modern game reaches this stage after all. You simply can't keep updating a single game forever, and that's totally acceptable since we all know PD is working hard on GT7.

With that said, I thought it was the right time to put a question that has been scratching my head for months: which cars you guys can't believe didn't make into GT Sport? That's indeed a pretty delicate subject, since we'll never know the actual reasons. Cars you could swear you would see them at the end of GT Sport's life, whether you wanted them or not.

I've got my main picks here:

Bugatti Chiron '18
2017-03-06-2.jpg

Lexus LFA '10
Lexus_LFA_'10.jpg

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda_RX-8_Type_S_'07.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54
Mercedes-Benz_300_SL_Coupe_'54_(Premium).jpg

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Nissan_SILVIA_spec-R_AERO_(S15)_'02.jpg

Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97
Toyota_Castrol_TOM'S_SUPRA_(JGTC)_'97.jpg

Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91
Toyota_CELICA_GT-FOUR_RC_(ST185)_'91.jpg

These are a few examples of cars I was getting myself ready to see on GT Sport back on early to mid 2018. But strangely they never came...

Last edited:
Yeah, can't believe they didn't add the exact car I want but didn't get because PD personally hates me, just like everybody else.

whether you wanted them or not.

This is not a personal wishlist! Please read again.

Edit: It is solely based on probability related to PD's history. For example, who would have thought PD would add a Honda Beat and not a Silvia S15? It's just ONE example.

Last edited:
Not a wishlist, but I am surprised PD didn't bother adding these:

- A premium Celica GT-Four to at least compliment the GR Yaris.

- Lexus LFA

- Castrol TOM'S Supra, a staple in GT series. Sure, it will be outclassed by the current Super GT cars, but fans would love to see one again.

- Ferrari F430

- Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)

- Honda NSX-R (NA2)

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition

- VW Golf R '10

- VW Scirocco R

Perfect for Manu and this "Sport" game.

Porsche 911 GT3 R

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car

I understand the 911 RSR is the top tier GT car for Porsche. It matches the 919 Hybrid to have a set of current Le Mans Porsche race cars. Just doesn't make sense not to add the proper GT3 car, which fits the GR.3 class PD decided to mimic. Another Porsche in that class wouldn't do any harm. Look at the choices in BMW.

As for the GT3 Cup car, Slots inbetween the Cayman GT4 and GT3 R. This car could even be Gr.X. Perfect for the purpose built One Make spec it is. Don't think players would complain about that.
Would have been a dream for leagues and no doubt, a Nations Event staple.

There are eSport One Make 911 RSRs, in Japan and Europe, which use Gran Turismo Sport. Again, a no-brainer to include a proper 911 Cup car.

Last edited:
Personally, aside from the Lexus LFA, I was quite surprised that some automakers that are otherwise represented in the Manufacturers Series didn't have more cars, either at launch or added in updates. Some of the more egregious ones that come to mind are Hyundai and Alfa Romeo - the former could've at least gotten that pre-facelift Veloster that PD was spotted recording, or maybe a premium version of the Tiburon.

I also would've greatly appreciated a version of the Lamborghini Miura that's much more affordable than the prototype that won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach, much like how we have two versions of the Countach: the original but more exclusive one, and the more affordable 25th anniversary edition that was made in higher numbers. As for the Miura, the Miura SV would've been nice, but I suppose there's always GT7.

EDIT: I would've personally loved to see the original Alfa Romeo TZ and the return of the TZ3 Stradale from GT6, to have the entire TZ series together, since we already had the return of the TZ2. I'm also a little surprised we didn't also get a premium version of the Alpine A310. Also, as the OP exhibited, a Mazda RX-8 would've been nice.

Last edited:
Oh yes. The EVO7-9.

I'm not even such a huge fan of these but its glaring that these are missing.

You guys would miss the EV06 TME etc.

A lot of cars I expected but didn't came were mainly backlogs from PS3 era games:
Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205) - had livery idea in mind
Honda Civic SiR-II (EG)
The "orphan" GT500 cars (Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra, Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z, and Honda HSV-010)
Mazda RX-8
Nissan 370Z
3rd gen Impreza
Any of the other premium Lancer Evos (VI TME, IX)

2022 GR Supra.

In all seriousness though, as everyone else has said, the Lexus LFA is a really glaring omission, given PD's partnership with Toyota, and how Lexus themselves can't stop harping on the car even to this day. It's also a shame how we have the Daihatsu RJ VGT, which is so similar in appearance down to sharing the interior and working gauges from the second gen Copen, yet that's not in the game either, even though the GR Copen would've been a welcome addition. The Bugatti VGT is seemingly an advertising car for the Chiron, yet that's not in the game for some weird reason. It's also weird how we have the Scirocco Gr. 4 and even a silly rally cross Beetle barely disguised as a Gr. 3 car, most likely scanned from the real cars and then modified, but the road cars are not in the game. Same with a second gen R8 and Z4 road cars. Also, with the introduction of the Roadster Touring Car from GT5's DLC days, I'm very surprised more of those touring cars hadn't been recycled for GTS yet, like the Prius for example. And I had personally hoped that PD would take more Gr. 3/ Gr. B cars and convert them into road cars for the mileage exchange.

A few other cars boarder on being a wishlist, but as many have already said, the RX-8, any RX-8, is a glaring omission. It's also a shame how we don't have any road going Caymans/ Boxsters, or the 959/ Carrera GT/ 918, or even a 911 rally car of some sort. The sublime NA2 NSX-R is also an omission I couldn't bring myself to believe to this day. It's also weird to me how PD has gotten the Honda Beat into the game, yet didn't bother with the AZ-1 or Cappuccino. Why PD bothers with the base model Vipers when ACRs exist, I will never know.

This topic makes sense but is known fact that the car range and class/race system for GTSport changed the focus of car selection.

This said, is clear that PD couldn't (they didn't even bothered at all IMO) to figure out some classes for not so new cars.

Why not a class for older GT500/GT1 cars? (Makes
Older cars in general, racing those days didn't had BoP or anything like it, you would race touring cars with a Mini fighting a Ford Cortina Lotus and some Camaro or Mustang, the smaller cars suffering low power, the V8s being extremelly heavy, specially considering the poor rubber at those times.
Some would be great on fast tracks, the others in twisty ones, but not necessarily balanced in every track or race.
This doesn't cope with the "mathematical" balance of GT Sport, so PD just throw them to Gr. X, meaning basically you would only run them in lobbies.

But OK, detune a 1000 hp, 2 ton, 8 litre quad turbo, 1.5 million dollar Bugatti Veyron to 440 hp Gr. 4 version makes more sense to them (ok, they wanted everybody on FIA constructors, but why not to use the old EB110?).

Car pack updates are no longer a thing on GT Sport, and that's no surprise, every modern game reaches this stage after all. You simply can't keep updating a single game forever.

Sure you can or there wouldn't be a host of games in modern/current use, that are still updated even a decade plus after their release.

With that said, I thought it was the right time to put a question that has been scratching my head for months: which cars you guys can't believe didn't make into GT Sport? That's indeed a pretty delicate subject, since we'll never know the actual reasons. Cars you could swear you would see them at the end of GT Sport's life, whether you wanted them or not.

I've got my main picks here:

Bugatti Chiron '18
View attachment 1002291

Lexus LFA '10
View attachment 1002298

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
View attachment 1002292

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54
View attachment 1002293

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
View attachment 1002294

Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97
View attachment 1002295

Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91
View attachment 1002296

These are a few examples of cars I was getting myself ready to see on GT Sport back on early to mid 2018. But strangely they never came...

Out of these all the only one that makes sense for this game is the LF-A. Based on what this game is trying to do and the various class metas.

I would say if this is such a big curiosity why not cars that are more in line with the meta. For example the HSV-010 or other Super GT500 cars not added. Another would be completing the Kei car set.

*Deep breath*
Alfa Romeo Guilia '16
Audi RS3 '15
Audi RS3 LMS '15
Audi RS6 '15
Audi R8 '15
Bentley Continental GT3 '15
Bentley Continental '15
BMW M135i '14
BMW M5 '05 and '13
BMW M2 '16
Bugatti Chiron '18
Bugatti EB110 '92
Chevrolet Corvette C4, C5 and C6
Dodge Challenger Hellcat '17
Dodge Charger '70
Ferrari F12 '13
Ferrari 488 GTB '15
Ferrari 488 GT3 '17
Ford GT GTE '17
Ford Mustang GT350 '16
Honda Civic '92 and '08
Hyundai i30N '18
Hyundai Veloster N '18
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Nissan Silvia S14 and S15
Nissan Skyline GTS-R '87
Nissan 370Z '08
McLaren 570S '16
McLaren 570S GT4 '17
McLaren 720S '17
McLaren P1 '13
Mercedes C63 '15
Mercedes E63 '13
Mitsubishi Evo 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Pagani Zonda C12S '04
Plymouth Superbird '70

These are the most obvious omissions in my opinion.

Last edited:
- LFA Nürb edition (in GT6)
- F355
- F430 (Scuderia - in GT5 and 6)
- F599 (in GT5 and 6)
- Reventon (in GT6)
- LP640 (in GT5 and 6)
- Jag Xj 220
- Jag Xj15

At least we got the F50...and GT7 will get back the LP640, and new Carrera GT + 911 Straßenversion.

Last edited:
Back