Chrome painted cars and RIMS!!!

• Thread starter ddl8
  • 641 comments
Oh my! I just won a Chrome Paint Chip for owning 210 cars...

I'm so excited lol If I paint a car in this and then gift it to someone, will they get the car and a chrome paint chip?

No it will not come with the chip. But you can duplicate it

No it will not come with the chip. But you can duplicate it

That's a shame, I'm not gonna start messing with gamesaves! I will just make sure I pick a kickass car to paint in Chrome, hope I win more of these chips in the future. Is there a pink chrome chip? lol

Kel
lucernechapelbridge3.jpg

Which R8 is that? I didn't see the carbon blade on any of them in the dealership

That's a shame, I'm not gonna start messing with gamesaves! I will just make sure I pick a kickass car to paint in Chrome, hope I win more of these chips in the future. Is there a pink chrome chip? lol

I was sketched out at first but it's foolproof. You game can get corrupt but copying back and forth should not corrupt it. If you want I have over 10 silver chips if you want to send me a car I can send you 5 soon 👍

I was sketched out at first but it's foolproof. You game can get corrupt but copying back and forth should not corrupt it. If you want I have over 10 silver chips if you want to send me a car I can send you 5 soon 👍

Thanks for the offer, very kind! But I couldn't resist and ended up duplicating the chrome paint chip myself. I only want a spare one, so that I actually use it. If I only had one chrome paint chip I would be too scared to use it, if I had anymore then 2 it would no longer be special.

Thanks for the offer, very kind! But I couldn't resist and ended up duplicating the chrome paint chip myself. I only want a spare one, so that I actually use it. If I only had one chrome paint chip I would be too scared to use it, if I had anymore then 2 it would no longer be special.

Haha it's all good. Yeah I have duplicated pretty much anything I wanted and with all my chrome it's pretty much just not something I even care about anymore. I'm more concerned about matte black and matte dark green colors. I don't like chrome painted cars that much. Everything has been done, and it's really not attractive as you would think..

I guess this hasn't been done before... :D

(its also my first chrome car, more to come in the future...)

No, that wouldn't make any sense... PD isn't that stupid. I saw someone with a chrome Lupo GTI before :crazy:

Cheers. I sware i never see standard cars chrome though lol. I cant wait to get chrome so i can have a nice chromed out ruf btr :)

Somebody tell me , How does one recieve chrome in GT5 ? Since I cannot be asked to look.:sly:

I got Chrome for owning 30 cars lol :$ I have now 150 cars and i still haven't used my chrome chip. I just don't know wich car to paint :$

Sorry but how do you duplicate chrome paint chips? :dunce:

Easy

1) Create a new user on your PS3.
2) Create a new PSN ID for that user.
3) Make this new ID a friend of your main ID
4) On your ID with the chrome paint, back up that save game to a USB
5) Once it's backed up gift the paint to your second account.
6) Now restore your save game from your main account so you get your paint chip back.
7) Log in as your second account and receive the gifted paint.
8) backup that save game and then gift the paint back to your main account.
9) Keep on doing this, but next time you can gift TWO paint chips at the same time, then next time FOUR. I think four is the limit you can send per day.
(Always remember to backup your save game before you gift anything and restore it straight after)

I have about 10 accounts all with different birthdays, each with a gift car ticket. I have managed to send each of these accounts a chrome chip.

Now each day I just log into each account and redeem the car gift, if it's one I like, I paint it chrome then I send the chrome car to myself and restore my saved game on the birthday account so I get my ticket and paint chip back ready for tomorrow.

I get ten chromed cars a day like this :)

It gets VERY tedious. I've spent more time messing about like this than actually racing today.

Easy

2) Create a new PSN ID for that user.
6) Now restore your save game from your main account so you get your paint chip back.
9) Keep on doing this, but next time you can gift TWO paint chips at the same time, then next time FOUR. I think four is the limit you can send per day.
(Always remember to backup your save game before you gift anything and restore it straight after)

I have about 10 accounts all with different birthdays, each with a gift car ticket. I have managed to send each of these accounts a chrome chip.

Now each day I just log into each account and redeem the car gift, if it's one I like, I paint it chrome then I send the chrome car to myself and restore my saved game on the birthday account so I get my ticket and paint chip back ready for tomorrow.

I get ten chromed cars a day like this :)

It gets VERY tedious. I've spent more time messing about like this than actually racing today.
Well... I managed to duplicate the paint with only 2 accounts lol. Don't have to make 10 accounts to dupe a lot... (but having many accounts does make it a bit easier to gift cars to other people) I just send one chrome paint chip to my other account, back up the save, and do it again until I finished the limit. Then I do the same on my other account and somehow I could get 10 chrome chips in a day on each account! :D

Also I could dupe the birthday cards, 1000 tickets as well as any other car tickets just like duping the X1, FGT, etc. ;)

Easy

2) Create a new PSN ID for that user. (might as well try birthday glitch)
2.5) Start GT5 so it recognizes you play GT5 on that account

The bold are just small revisions.

But I only do it with two accounts, and I back up my main save, and then send the paint, quit game, copy game save so I don't forget when I come back, switch accounts, (no need for backup) send paint back, and it's duplicated. I have been thinking since it takes forever to dup a lot paint quick (from single chip) it may be possible (although VERY tedious) to send 5 paint chips of the same chip per send (from one paint chip) just lots of copy back up, enter, send, quit, copy back up, enter, send, quit, copy back up, etc

Also I could dupe the birthday cards, 1000 tickets as well as any other car tickets just like duping the X1, FGT, etc. ;)

Oh wow!!! I never even though about that!

I know there is no need for 10 accounts, but I had them anyway each with a different year set for the birthday car. It just seemed easier to paint new cars before I gifted them to my main account.

I don't believe 2.5 is necessary. I have created accounts, added my main account as a friend, logged into my main account to accept it then back to the sub account all before running GT5. It's always worked fine.

I only added the 2.5 because last week I was doing it at a friends and I don't think it recognized that the other account had any GT5 data stored. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to start it up to make sure. But it could have just taken a little while longer like what usually happens when you add a new account.

Thank you! lol it looks gorgeous:drool:

No, thank you... I was bored and you gave me an idea for something to do. Now I've just gotta complete a few races and save up enough money to modify it (if I haven't done so already).

Back