Circuit de Sainte-Croix is Fantastic!

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 200 comments

Do you think this new circuit is one of PD’s best?

• Yes, it’s at the top

• No, it’s horrible

• I’m somewhere in the middle; not terrible but not too good

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
I personally think that this may be one of, if not the, best tracks that PD has ever created.

I especially like the differences in surface type depending on what section of the track you’re on. This track resembles Le Mans in how it’s mixed public roads and actual racetrack.
This difference can be felt and seen visually. The racetrack sections are smooth, wide, and feel like something from a Grand Prix track, while the public road sections are bumpy, slightly narrower, quick and flowing, and feel completely different stylistically.

This was something that was missing from GT6 (including Sierra) so it’s nice to see how far they’ve come in that aspect.

I also love the overall layout of each circuit. There’s long straights for powerful cars, tight turns for the lightweight killers, and high speed sections for vehicles with downforce. It’s a nightmare to set a car up for, but a blast no matter what you’re driving.

I also like the little touches, such as the designs on the distance boards before corners.

The lighting at certain times of day also feels amazing too. The time of day which sees the sun first start to creep up over the countryside looks like something straight out of a movie. The landscape looks dynamic and flowing, and there are plenty of trees which give it a “Monza” feel in a way.

I’m sure some will disagree. People always have different opinions. But this is probably the FIRST original track in GTS that I will truly miss if it isn’t carried over to future versions.

3 wide into a hairpin at top gear is always fun!

I've even seen 4 wide. It's a great track once you get the hang of it but kaz just loves his gradients too much. reminds me of GT Academy tracks on GT5

As for it being too flat, are you crazy? every turn has a gradient almost. Especially the section just before and after the bridge

3 wide into a hairpin at top gear is always fun!

I've even seen 4 wide. It's a great track once you get the hang of it but kaz just loves his gradients too much. reminds me of GT Academy tracks on GT5

As for it being too flat, are you crazy? every turn has a gradient almost. Especially the section just before and after the bridge
Who needs the Corkscrew or Eau-Rouge when we have a gradient?

In fairness, the section right before the bridge reminds me of a mini backwards Eau Rouge; a super high speed right left with a big drop in elevation. Requires you to have a perfect line and be inch perfect or else you’ll be putting it in a wall.
I don't know, I've already overtaken so much in that corner thanks to some creative driving by others choosing many different lines

In fairness, the section right before the bridge reminds me of a mini backwards Eau Rouge; a super high speed right left with a big drop in elevation. Requires you to have a perfect line and be inch perfect or else you’ll be putting it in a wall.
I must've fallen asleep before I got to that section. Next time I'll be sure to walk over to the kitchen and grab a Red Bull between corners.

I'm really enjoying Circuit de Sainte-Croix too. I've tried some Gr.3 cars and the Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+ so far. Some sections are a little wide but that is no big deal.

The environment feels like a mix of Driveclub, Classic Spa and Highlands from Assetto Corsa.

I'm liking it more each time I race on it. Not really a huge fan of the tight infield section, or how long the straight that precedes it on Layout C is, but the country road sections are fantastic. Lots of Le Mans vibes from the whole thing.

I think it might be the worst PD created circuit I’ve ever driven.

Compared to Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Appricot Hill, Midfield, Autumn Ring, Seattle, old Rome (GT3 days), Sierra, High Speed Ring, etc, which were all fantastically designed circuits, the latest attempt feels completely amateur.

Majority of the A circuit looks like it was mapped by the course maker. It actually looks like a Formula E circuit, which makes my FIA tinfoil hat wheels start to spin. Most unimaginitive section of road I’ve ever driven.

B is the only layout that offers any kind of challenge or fun. The problem is the circuit is far too wide, making all of what could be really tricky high speed sections into curved straights that take zero effort.

C is a complete disaster. The first heavy braking zone is the worst corner I have ever driven in any game. Give me Oschershlaben T1 over this junk any day.

The fact this section of the circuit has zero runoff and zero realisic racetrack features (modern or previous) makes it useless for taking race photos - if I take a photo of an LMP1 car approaching a 90’ corner that has no runoff, to me, that looks stupid as hell.

At the same time though, this same section of the circuit completely lacks any of the features or details that would make it seem like a country road turned into a race track. No lines, no signage, no intersections with proper markings. Driving around the C circuit, paying attention to the lack of detail, it honestly feels like the circuit is only half finished.

I was in a cruise/cops lobby last night, and only the road section of the track was being used. I asked in chat, “do we treat the circuit section like it’s a road, or like it’s a circuit,” to which the reply from multiple people was, “it’s ass, don’t even bother with it, just turn around and stick to the road section.”

I swear, give me the Nordschlief, a country road like Sierra for cruising, the complete C1/Shinkanjo/Wangan, Pike’s Peak and maybe 1 or 2 other toge/hill climb, and then half a dozen circuits like Spa, Suzuka, Bathurst, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Potrero de los Funes, and I’m good!!! I could lap and race and cruise those tracks for years upon years and never grow tired of them :)

Last edited:
The circuit is too long for me. Long real circuits like Nurburgring and Le Mans I can accept but fictional ones are needless.

I'd rather they just create two decent circuits as for me as one of GT Sport's major flaws has always been a lack of tracks in GT Sport. A fictional track like Trial Mountain and a real track like Motegi/Silverstone/Somona Speedway would have been great.

A few laps run, it's not a great track, yet to get any rhythm out there. (Not to say I won't, lol).

Good looking of course, but not as good, as some new tracks to the series and certainly not a patch on the many original and real world tracks we've not seen return yet.

Maybe they'll come once they sell some cars... If they can cover Hamilton's end first, lol.

Back