Cities: Skylines II

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 187 comments
No pollution, 1 hospital per 10,000 people and multiple local clinics, helicopters, over budget on health services... and yet this has been going on for weeks (my time, not game time)...

View attachment 1375874

I need more than 8 hospitals to service demand. Something's nuhhered.
Do you see any ambulances being dispatched? Last time I used a hospital with helicopters they didn’t seem to send out any (or at least not nearly as many) ambulances anymore.

I tried the Road Builder mod and I have mixed feelings about it.

On the plus side it’s great to be able to configure the lanes, for example it will be very useful for creating narrow one-way streets in the old town.

On the negative side it’s not as flexible as I had imagined. You can’t set the widths of each building block freely, so it’s hard to create a road that fits perfectly into the 8 meter grids of the game. There are also some graphical glitches in the intersections, especially on sloped terrain and also in how the sidewalks don’t meet properly.

I will still use it, hopefully it will improve in future versions.

Don't know which mod it is, but one of the mods I've subscribed to have added the feature of creating straight slopes between the start point and end point when you build roads and that has made building on hilly terrain a lot faster, easier and more fun. So I started expanding the road network of my city. Still no private cars on the roads, I guess I need some industry to build the cars before my businesses can start selling them.

07-september-12-06-52-00.png
07-september-21-13-14-00.png

Don't know which mod it is
Anarchy V1.7.0

edit:

Latest patch seems to have fixed my whopping healthcare problems.

edit 2: And it's also killed demand. Set taxes to zero, free electricity, masses of employment available, still no residential demand and population stagnant. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Not enough workers is now my blight...

1725795767805.png

Must have been a rebalance to jobs or something, I was previously struggling to keep unemployment under 10% because I didn't want to just fill the map with industrial... now I have somewhat of an excess of jobs...

1725795895871.png

But there's still very little residential demand on account of 'unoccupied buildings'. Turned tax to zero to see if I could incentive people to move in, but now I'm nearly 40 mill in a hole!

Perhaps time to abandon the city!

Not enough workers is now my blight...

View attachment 1387486

Must have been a rebalance to jobs or something, I was previously struggling to keep unemployment under 10% because I didn't want to just fill the map with industrial... now I have somewhat of an excess of jobs...

View attachment 1387488

But there's still very little residential demand on account of 'unoccupied buildings'. Turned tax to zero to see if I could incentive people to move in, but now I'm nearly 40 mill in a hole!

Perhaps time to abandon the city!
I had the same problem for all demands bar Office, :confused: and after a lot of Googling, I went around the whole map looking for any cells that may have been 'painted' for buildings to spawn on, but the building had not covered all the 'painted' squares because of the shape of the building. Because the whole area had not been covered by a building, the cells seemed to be activating the 'unoccupied' alert, which stops demand.

With a population of 180k at the time, it took a lot of tracking down, and multiple scans of the separate districts over the whole map. :rolleyes: Some of them can be tricky to find. Hope that helps. I didn't want to abandon all that I had down, but it was a pita to find all the 'unoccupied' cells.

Since then my city population has increased to over 250k, and I'm glad to see that my PC, which I built last year, seems to be coping quite well with that size of population so far. :)

I had the same problem for all demands bar Office, :confused: and after a lot of Googling, I went around the whole map looking for any cells that may have been 'painted' for buildings to spawn on, but the building had not covered all the 'painted' squares because of the shape of the building. Because the whole area had not been covered by a building, the cells seemed to be activating the 'unoccupied' alert, which stops demand.

With a population of 180k at the time, it took a lot of tracking down, and multiple scans of the separate districts over the whole map. :rolleyes: Some of them can be tricky to find. Hope that helps. I didn't want to abandon all that I had down, but it was a pita to find all the 'unoccupied' cells.

Since then my city population has increased to over 250k, and I'm glad to see that my PC, which I built last year, seems to be coping quite well with that size of population so far. :)
Hmmm...

I mostly tend to use the rectangle tool for zoning, rather than filling or painting, because I generally want buildings at specific sizes, or because I've 'quayed' the roads to get the buildings to spawn in a specific way, it doesn't really leave me with very many zoned-but-unused cells - if any.

I do however have A LOT of unoccupied buildings. I've never actually looked before (it's not on any info views?), so I've just gone through and deleted a couple of hundred, mostly industrial, commercial and office. Based on what I've seen so far between 30 and 50% of my buildings are empty! I think before, when I had high unemployment, I built a lot of non residential stuff... it's almost now like all of the stuff wasn't needed, and now it's empty.

I'm not too bothered, this is only a test city. Still waiting for asset support to really kick off.

Back