Classic Le Mans Endurance Series

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 161 comments
United States
I Hate Stalkers
gogatrs
Announcing the first season of the CLMES, the Classic Le Mans Endurance Series!
This series of races will feature five cars, the Ford GT40, the Chaparral 2D, the Ferrari 330 P4, the Jaguar XJ13, and the Ford Mark IV! These cars will all be limited to specific horsepowers to ensure that they are equal in performance.

They are all fully tuned as there is no way to regulate this, and limited to the following horsepowers. Weight is stock.
Jaguar XJ13- 529
Ferrari 330 P4- 468
Ford Mark IV- 578
Ford GT40- 566
Chaparral 2D- 480

These cars, in the game as well as in real life, are extremely expensive. If you wish to participate, but can't because you don't have one of these cars, just post, and I'll send you a birthday ticket and instructions on how to get the car you need.

Races will be approximately 250 KM, which should make the races last about two hours. Races will be held in an open lobby on Saturdays. Room will open at 8:00 PM EST. Qualifying starts at 8:30, and race will start at 8:45.
All aids will be allowed except for skid recovery. The cars were tested on racing softs, which means that racing hards may give different results. For now, there is no tire restriction, but this may change in the future. Grip reduction will be real, tire wear and fuel consumption on.

The tracks that will be run are as follows, the order will depend on the schedule of the GTPFIA GT1/GT2 and the ALMS.
Hopefully we can have identical schedules which will allow us to practice in the same rooms.
The tracks:
Daytona Road Course
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 with Chicanes (Weather fixed to sunny, time change on)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 Without Chicanes
Suzuka
Monza with Chicanes
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring 24 Hour Course (Weather fixed to sunny, time change on)
Cote d'Azure to replace Targa Florio (;))

The points system will be as follows...
1st:20 Pts
2nd:16 Pts
3rd:13 Pts
4th:10 Pts
5th:8 Pts
6th:6 Pts
7th:4 Pts
8th:3 Pts
9th:2 Pts
10th:1 Pt
11th-16th:0 Pts
In addition, there will be teams of three drivers all of whom will be driving the same car. This means there will be one spot left over for a pace car driver at the beginning of the race.

Preseason testing will begin this Saturday, at Nurburgring GP/F. We will then test at Laguna Seca, and then the season will start.

To sign up, use the following format:
GTPlanet Username:
PSN:
Car:

Entrant List:

1) gogatrs/gogatrs/TBA
2) 200MphFord/Thisguy70/Ford GT40
3) Cowboys965/Cowboys965/Jaguar XJ13
4) Jav/Jav122678/TBA
5) MitchZ06/Mitch_Z06/Ford Mark IV
6) tissimo/tissimo/Ferrari 330 P4
7) Lord Voldemort/lvoldemort666/Ferrari 330 P4
8) Tower Turn 13/mockingbird00000/Ferrari 330 P4
9) elitedriver123/gtamann123/Jaguar XJ13
10) PIGBOY/Pigboy_05/Jaguar XJ13
11) heinz57/cheezeburger57/Ford GT40
12) rocko100/spartyfan95/Chaparral 2D
13) jepoks/jepoks/Jaguar XJ13
14) avohman/x-XAvohmanX-x/Ford Mark IV
15) leonardo887/leonardo887/Jaguar XJ13

Last edited:
Gtplanet username: 200mphford
PSN: Thisguy70
Car: '69 GT40
This sounds like alot of fun with these older cars, im very interested in this series and hope more people get into it.

McLaren-M6GT-Chevrolet_1.jpg

Too bad they didn't include the M6GT-Chev or any other McLaren Can-Am racer :(

Love the logo tho :D
McLaren-M6GT-Chevrolet_14.jpg

Sign me right up sir!

GTP: Jav
Psn: Jav122678
Car: TBD

Ps: I can help anyone who is commited to the series with getting the desired car via ticket.

I'll join with either the Jag or the Ford Mk4 if I can get the ticket for it, I'll let you know gatrs.

I would like to join... However, it will be hard for me to be here every Saturday night though. Especially during summer. But I would love to do this. If you require 100% participation, then disregard my request.

I'll run the 2D if I'm able to participate.

I would love to join! I'm free every other Saturday!

I would like the Ford Mk. IV, but I don't have it. How do I get it?

GTP ID: Lord Voldemort
PSN ID: lvoldemort666
Car: Ford Mk. IV

BTW can't except friend request till this Saturday at 4:00 PM EST Time. But sign me up! :)

You should've backed your save up before you opened it so you can cycle it to get the car you need.

Any chance that I can trade for a GT40 birthday ticket, or does it only show in the UCD?
I'd like to see how I fair against Ford's

JLawrence
Any chance that I can trade for a GT40 birthday ticket, or does it only show in the UCD?

You can win it in indy 500 b spec

JLawrence

Watch out for my GT40, im no pushover and neither is my car. Im glad someone decided to start an endurance series with these cars, i needed a good reason to perfect my tune for this car.

Watch out for my GT40, im no pushover and neither is my car. Im glad someone decided to start an endurance series with these cars, i needed a good reason to perfect my tune for this car.

And share it. Specifically with me lol

I'm only level 11 in BSpec so it'll be a bit before I get to the Endurance stuff.
Maybe I'll make season two!

I dont have a USB is there any other way to do it?

copy it to a 2nd psn. Its more of a pita, but works.

auto a spec grind = 20m overnight. I need to do it again to buy a MKIV....

With the holiday this weekend, I wont be around for the preseason.

tissimo
copy it to a 2nd psn. Its more of a pita, but works.

auto a spec grind = 20m overnight. I need to do it again to buy a MKIV....

With the holiday this weekend, I wont be around for the preseason.

What's a pita?

Back