• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 13 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
A "tradition" in my college football reports is that I like to have a motorsports focus on the week of the Petit Le Mans. In addition, I even take a little look at Formula SAE. Formula SAE is a program sponsored by colleges in which they create race cars to compete in mostly autocross and Baja events. What does this have to do with college football? Think of it this way...

College football is an endless race to finish P1. Every team is in the same race. If you don't want to be an also-ran, you'd better go full throttle as well as being sure to navigate every corner effectively. Each game is its own race track chock full of long straights and super-slow hairpins. The teams are all set up to take on this course. And if you don't want to crash out, you'd better find a way to navigate the corners and avoid flying off the track and hitting the outside wall.

This "racing" season now winds its way into conference play. What teams will survive the rigors of the race track of college football? What teams will avoid all hazards and stay on the track? All teams need to make pit stops every now and then. Only thing is, who has the winning formula to finish this week successfully?

(no FBS scores - begins Tuesday)

(no FCS scores - begins ???)

(no Division 2 scores - starts Thursday)

Division 3 Scores
Just one game. Enjoy!

* Hamilton at Wesleyan (17-7; Hamilton)

I have no NFL Focus this weekend. All I know is that my Texans STILL can't win games in Overtime. They're 0-6 in overtime as they fell 30-27 at Jacksonville. They played pretty good, just not enough to win. I'm pissed off about the Texans at Jacksonville. Now we come home to host Indianapolis. And I doubt we're going to take down an ailing Indy squad. They are already failing expectations of many fans (of course, I don't believe in expectations anyways). Just hope they get it together and QUICK.

Through the week, I may cover a few Formula SAE teams at colleges here in America. So this is my motorsports-inspired week of college football on GTPlanet. Feel free to motor along any way you please in this thread.

This is a non-football report. This is just to kick off my coverage of Formula SAE highlights and the schools that have these programs. I want to mostly focus on American schools. I'll start by highlighting on mostly BCS schools. I begin with the SEC.

Formula SAE: SEC Schools
I tried to find as many FSAE programs as I could find. Some of them don't have any updated websites. Some may not have these programs or even legitimate websites. So I found as many as I could.

* http://www.eng.auburn.edu/organizations/SAE/AUFSAE (Auburn)
Last year, Auburn had some FSAE cars powered by an Aprilia V-Twin engine. It's a 550cc V-Twin engine that powered some of last year's FSAE cars for Auburn and perhaps this year's cars as well.

* http://www.gatormotorsports.com/gms/index.html (Florida)
The University of Florida has Baja and FSAE programs. Their FSAE team can be found here: < http://www.gatormotorsports.com/gms/formula/formula.html >, and their Baja program is here: < http://www.gatormotorsports.com/gms/baja/baja.htm >. Florida's FSAE history began in 1991, and their Baja program a year later.

* http://www.sae.eng.ua.edu/fsae (Alabama)
Meet the team that blacked out the blackout fans at Sanford Stadium- Alabama.

* http://tigerracing.lsu.edu (Louisiana State/LSU)
The LSU Tigers are coming full throttle with engines all fired up. They do this on the football field every game, but wait until you see what these kitties can do on the ashpalt.

* http://www.msstate.edu/org/sae/home.html (Mississippi State)
The Bulldogs of Mississippi State are going to race hard to try to be atop the leaderboard in their division of the SEC in football. Watch them try to get her done in Formula SAE competition.

Formula SAE: Big Ten
Now, let's highlight how the Big Ten does Formula SAE. Some call the Big Ten as overrated. Some say they are a down conference. Their FSAE programs will tell you that there's NOTHING wrong with the Big Ten.

* http://www.engin.umich.edu/soc/sae/Formula/home.htm (Michigan)
The Wolverines came from behind to beat Wisconsin this past weekend. Check out the Formula SAE action that Michigan puts forth both in cars and in racing.

* http://www.formulabuckeyes.com (Ohio State)
It's Joey D's least favorite team in ANYTHING between Michigan and OH State. The Buckeyes love making lives miserable for those who take them on in all sports. That even includes any Michigan vs. Ohio State FSAE action. Check out Ohio State's mascot in an FSAE car at the link I've provided.

* http://www.egr.msu.edu/fsae/ (Michigan State)
The Spartans are pretty good on the football field and lovely on the hardwood. Maybe their Formula SAE team is the equivalent of the 2000 Michigan State Spartans in men's basketball. By the way, see how Sparty looks in an FSAE car! They do a have a pretty respectable FSAE program. They were even featured on Jay Leno's Garage once.

* http://www.uwracing.com (Wisconsin)
The Badgers were going to run away with the victory. I guess Wisconsin didn't realize just who the hell they were playing against on Saturday and whose house they were playing in. The Badgers are pretty respectable in FSAE as well. They took fourth place in FSAE competition at Michigan International Speedway back in May.

* http://www.illinimotorsports.net/ (Illinois)
The Fighting Illini put up quite a fight in all of their sports. Whether it's cashing in touchdowns or draining three-point bombs, the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign are always putting up a fight. Check out their FSAE and Baja programs to see how they're doing.

* https://engineering.purdue.edu/SAE/fsae/ (Purdue)
I don't think I've ever mentioned Purdue University in any of my reports so far. The Boilermakers can steamroll anyone in any sport. The link I've provided highlights their FSAE racing. Try not to get run over by these Boilermakers.

Ones I couldn't find:
* Indiana
* Northwestern
* Penn State
* Iowa
* Minnesota

Formula SAE: Big XII
Now on to the Big XII. How do these boys and girls roll? Let's find out! Because I'm from Texas, pardon my Lone Star bias to start things off. ~_^

* http://www.tamusae.org (Texas A&M)
There's probably no such thing as a 12th Man Advantage in racing. The Aggies do carry their spirit into racing. They have one of the best Formula SAE programs that I can recall.

* http://www.sae.ou.edu (Oklahoma)
Boomer Sooner! The new #1-ranked team in college football has this FSAE program dedicated to making their Longhorn and Cowboy (OK State) rivals miserable.

* http://www.jayhawkmotorsports.com (Kansas)
It's High-Test's new school. Ready for some Jayhawk motorsport? The Jayhawks will make every effort to defend their recent national championship in basketball. They usually just reload rather than seek new players. No one expected the "Fighting Manginos" to have that breakout season they ended up having last season with Todd Reesing under center. Check out some of KU's cars from the site I provided. And remember... rock... chalk... Jay... Hawk... KU!

* http://www.k-state.edu/sae/formula (Kansas State)
Meet the team Kansas University hates- Kansas State University. The Wildcats know a thing or two about racing. So don't push them, alright? K-State was a powerful team when they were ranked as high as #5 back in the 2003(?) season. They aren't likely to win the Big XII North THIS year, but they COULD be a surprise team.

* http://www.formulabuff.com (Colorado)
The Buffaloes are doing much better than when they continually got pounded a few years ago. They call beautiful Folsom Field their home in football. The FSAE team feels at home slapping around other Big XII schools in FSAE.

* http://students.missouri.edu/~sae (Missouri)
Ahh, yes. Mizzou. The Tigers aren't the only cats that know how to race. In fact, they'd probably say they're the coolest cats of any school. See the Tigers in action as well as the cars they use to prove their point.

Could not find:
* Texas (had a site, but not active)
* Baylor
* Texas Tech
* Oklahoma State (no legitimate homepage)
* Iowa State
* Nebraska

In my next extra report, I may highlight on Pac-10 and ACC schools that have FSAE programs.

The matchup for tonight is a Sun Belt special between two great Sun Belt programs. It's Florida Atlantic going to Murfreesboro, Tennessee to meet Middle Tennessee State. Can the MTSU Blue Raiders tame the FAU Owls? Find out in my next report!

I have another extra here. Enjoying this wireless broadband stuff, I now have reason to get on YouTube (because it's SO not for dialup (unless you feel like waiting)). Something convinced me to look up brawls.

When I looked on a few YouTube videos, some people called the University of Miami as "ThugU." A number of videos I seen had Miami as one of the schools in some of the taped brawls. Most notable was the Miami/FIU brawl in 2006. This was the brawl that costed one announcer his job saying something along the lines of (indirect quote) "you come into our house, and you deserve to get your butt kicked."
=
This new week of college football continues with a match in the dead center of Tennessee. Are you ready for some (college) football? Time to begin a race in the Sun Belt.

Division 1: FBS Scores
The race for Sun Belt supremacy will take off tonight. It's "Interactive Tuesday" on ESPN2 for this game here. If you have a little concern that Todd Harris is one of the announcers, I'm sure he probably won't sneak in a Danica Patrick comment.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee - MTSU Calls for a Blackout Against FAU
The University of Georgia got beaten black and blue when Alabama came to down. Let's see if the MTSU boys can do against FAU. Florida Atlantic is in the house! The Owls are much better than that other Florida Sun Belt school. These Owls even had a winning season in their first FBS tour of duty in 2005(?). Middle Tennessee State has recently been regarded for their women's basketball program. It doesn't mean, however, that the Blue Raiders don't also excel in football. Let's see who won this race. Howard Schellenberger(?) looked pretty dapper tonight with that nice suit he was wearing. I didn't really like that football tie, though. Florida Atlantic led 10-0 after 30 minutes of game time. If you were expecting an offensive shootout, look elsewhere. Middle Tennessee State came back to win, though you wouldn't realize it by the score alone. (14-13; MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE)

EXTRA: Can Western Kentucky Succeed in Sun Belt Football?
Western Kentucky isn't doing very well as an FBS independent. Do they have a chance in the Sun Belt? Well, let's say that they'll do much better than North Texas and Florida International. I always say the Sun Belt is like an FCS gateway to FBS. The teams are the worst among all teams. However, they are still plenty capable and can compete against almost any team. Think of some of the big wins pulled off by Sun Belt teams. I best think of Louisiana-Lafayette, Troy, and Arkansas State as some of the finer teams in the conference. Western Kentucky is just having their molding into FBS. WKU won in FCS in 2002 for the National Championship. The Sun Belt is manageable for just about any low-level team. There COULD be an FBS rivalry between WKU and Middle Tennessee State. They are border state rivals as far as Sun Belt schools go. I have my hope for Western Kentucky. I always hope for the best for schools changing divisions because I never want any school to lose miserably. So what if WKU can't match up with Georgia or Florida or Ohio State? Hello! Not every school is a BCS school or should be a BCS school! I'll pull for Western Kentucky just for my buddy FoolKiller. WKU is a quality school in just about every NCAA sport. So I wish them the best even if most BCS-biased people write them off easily.

Here are some scary win-loss records for this weekend's games...
* Baylor is 0-16 all-time against Oklahoma.
* Alabama is 33-2-1 all-time against Kentucky.

(no FCS scores - begins Thursday)

(no Division 2 scores - begins Thursday)

(no Division 3 scores - begins Friday)

Thank you for viewing Tuesday scores. Wednesday night's match will involve Louisiana Tech taking on #17(?) Boise State. It's the Blue Turf for a school that loves their blue. Come back here for Wednesday scores!

Begin the month of October with college football. My Astros didn't make it into the playoffs, so I'm mostly looking ahead to the Houston Texans. On the horizon is more conference play. I hope blue is your favorite color. Because if so, two blue teams are ready to collide in WAC action.

Boise, Idaho ~ Spud Studs Ready to Neuter Some Bulldogs[/I]
This is land where America's finest potatoes are produced and where the Broncos roam. We're talking about Boise State University. They are ranked #17 in the nation and ready to prove why when Louisiana Tech comes to Boise. The Bulldogs were tamed by the Broncos. They were tamed so well that they couldn't access the end zone. (38-3; #17 BOISE STATE)

(no FCS scores - starts Thursday)

(no Division 2 scores - starts Thursday)

(no Division 3 scores - starts Friday)

That is all from me as we continue this lovely week. Have a great day, ya' hear?

Tonight's ESPN match will be Pittsburgh's visit to South Florida. There is also a matchup involving Utah at Oregon State. I'm not sure if it's Utah at Oregon State (wouldnt the Beavers love another upset?) or at Utah. I'll have that and any FCS and Division 2 scores from tonight's games as well.

People, enjoy this weekend of college football as we are heading into the first weekend of October 2008.

[UPDATE] By the way... Auburn has ditched the spread offense and will not use the spread again all season.

Last edited:
Petit Le Mans is this weekend. The competitors at Road Atlanta will go for either 10 hours or 1,000 hard-fought miles (whichever comes first). Speaking of hard-fought, that's the same way college football goes. I'm proud to sport a link between college football and racing as part of GTPlanet. Start your engines because college football is in the house!

Tampa, Florida - South Florida is Ranked #10, but Pittsburgh Wants to be #1
* Pittsburgh {Panthers} at South Florida {Bulls}
This is the Max Powers special. His Panthers are ready to mix things up in the Sunshine State. The sun hasn't shone very bright on Pittsburgh in trying to reflect the blue and old gold. A win in Tampa can help their chances. The Bulls play at where the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers usually play. Pitt and USoFl have something in common- both play their home games at NFL stadiums. I'm sure the two NFL stadiums don't mind seeing college action take place before Sunday and Monday Night football take place. The teams are revved up, so let's burn rubber! Pittsburgh threw a dagger into the hearts of the South Florida fans as they did a very tough thing- win against an undefeated team on the road. (21-1?; Pittsburgh)

Salt Lake City, Utah - Utes Utilize Uncanny Ability to Tame Oregon State
* Oregon State {Beavers} at Utah {Utes}
Versus had this game on TV for this Thursday night match. What happens if you touch a banana peel in a Mario Kart game? Right- you spin out and lose momentum. That's EXACTLY what Utah wants to do to Oregon State. Not throw banana peels, but shake up their momentum. It was just last week I got power restored to my house nearly two weeks after Hurricane Ike impacted my area. I saw USCal go down at Oregon State. Now, the Beavers want to show up the Utes at THEIR place. In a tight fit, the Utes came through by three. (31-28; #15 UTAH)

Birmingham, Alabama - Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones... but Bones Make Good Trophies?
* Memphis {Tigers} at UAB {Blazers} *** RIVALRY ***
I never known this was a rivalry. I usually think of Memphis/Tennessee and the "Black and Blue Bowl" Memphis/Southern Mississippi game. Now, we got some kind of bones trophy that Memphis and UAB play for. Tigers usually feast on bones. I do know that Blazers can be pretty disasterous. Who won this game? Let's find out! The Tigers feasted on some Blazers for the win. (33-30; Memphis)

Division 1: FCS Scores

Des Moines, Iowa - The UNIdome Wants a UNIque Win Over Nicholls State
* Nicholls State {Colonels} at Northern Iowa {Panthers}
This is the first UNI game I had a chance to see for a bit. It was also my first look at the UNIdome. The UNIdome is the venue for a variety of Panther sports including football, basketball, and even wrestling (I believe). Des Moines is the place to be if you love your Panthers. Coming to town are a bunch of boys from Lousiana known as Nicholls State. The Colonels from Thibodaux, Louisiana are ready to give some Cajun cooking of football to the Midwest. Did they succeed? Let's see. The Colonels got devoured by the talented UNI Panthers. (34-14; NORTHERN IOWA)

Division 2 Scores
The final two scores for this report are upcoming.

* West Liberty at Fairmont State (20-13; West Liberty)
* #13 Delta State at #3 Valdosta State (27-24, 2OT; #13 Delta State)

That's all for Thursday scores. Come back here for Friday results! And since this is my motorsports-inspired week (the week of Petit Le Mans), I'll have some motorsport analogies in my Saturday scores.

I have decided on a GAME OF THE WEEK. It was tough for me to pick one because there isn't any real interesting games that's worthy of a little hype. So my GAME OF THE WEEK will involve Auburn at Vanderbilt[/B]. Vanderbilt has always been a bridesmaid in SEC play. They may end up being the Rutgers of the SEC as far as being a team usually in the dumps, but has worked to be a viable power. Auburn's dropped the spread offense, but it doesn't make the Tigers an easier team to beat. I know nothing about the spread offense. One thing about me is that I have no real knowledge on offensive and defensive alignments. I only care about who wins and who loses. ESPN College Gameday will be at Vanderbilt to add a little extra hype.

Another game I want to focus on involves Kentucky's trip to Tuscaloosa. The Kentucky Wildcats are doing pretty well, but they need to really be on their game against an improving Alabama squad. Wouldn't it be huge if Kentucky comes into Alabama's house and upsets them? I'm sure I know who FoolKiller thinks will win. Even if he's on the moon, he still wants his Wildcats to win. We'll see this Saturday.

Michigan hosts Illinois. After an emotional come-from-behind win by Michigan, the Wolverines look to beat up the Fighting Illini tomorrow in Ann Arbor. This is the Joey D special.

Tonight's matches involve #8 BYU at Utah State and Cincinnati at Marshall. The ESPN2 game will be Cincy's visit to Marshall University. We're going to West Virginia for this one.

I don't know about Michigan in tomorrow's game. Sadly I won't be able to watch it as I'll be dropping the Cooper off at 11am for service and then going off to pick apples with Kate. Never the less though I will be donning my maize and blue apparel tomorrow and cheering them on from afar.

I'm sorry... that Cincy/Marshall game is on ESPN and NOT ESPN2. The WNBA Finals are on ESPN2. Still, I'll have my report done whenever I can.

Petit Le Mans is tomorrow! A race of a different kind has gone on even before the 11th Petit Le Mans- the race for college football supremacy. Then again, college football is a bit like sportscar racing. You have multiple classes (divisions in this case) all vying to be National Champions. Make ready for four divisions of NCAA football. These are the Friday appetizers before the main course of games tomorrow. As soon as I typed up the previous sentence, I IMMEDIATELY thought of Olive Garden breadsticks with that creamy alfredo sauce. Damn you, Olive Garden! Now you got a brother hungry! I got to be careful with food analogies.

Meanwhile... (calming down), enjoy some college football!

It was tough to decide which I'd feature first. So I'll begin with Cincinnati's trip to Marshall followed by BYU's visit to Utah State.

Huntington, West Virginia ~ The Thundering Herd Lovingly Host Cincinnati
* Cincinnati {Bearcats} at Marshall {Thundering Herd}
This is Cincy's first trip to Marshall University in over 71 years. These two teams are ready to collide like a sprint car or World of Outlaws car getting owned in a flip over or tagging the outside wall. both of these schools have links to Conference USA. Cincinnati was a Conference USA product that moved on to the Big East. Marshall was a MAC school that joined Conference USA during conference realignment back in 2005 or so. The Bearcats coasted to the lead and the win as Marshall's Thundering Herd didn't make enough noise to shake off Cincy. (33-10; Cincinnati)

Logan, Utah ~ Aggies Think Upset
* #8 BYU {Cougars} at Utah State {Aggies} (34-14; #8 Brigham Young)

(no FCS Scores)

Division 2 Scores
* Assumption {???} at Bentley {Falcons} (22-19; BENTLEY)

Division 3 Scores
* Kean at The College of New Jersey (35-24; Kean)
* Southern Virginia at Guilford (47-31; GUILFORD)

The Saturday scores will come along when I have them complete. I admit that since I've gotten broadband set up at my house, I can get a little lazy as I don't have to complete a full report by sunrise. I'll utilize this as best as I can. Come back later for Saturday results!

The Petit Le Mans is in action as of today. I recognize this is the college football thread and that not many people come here for racing updates. However, this is about my most diverse and unique weekend of college football because I try to merge football and motorsports into one week of college football action. Has Pittsburgh's win over (then) #10 South Florida ignite a series of upsets? Last week was insane as an upset epidemic took form in all four divisions of NCAA football. This is my motorsports-inspired week of college football. Let's do another Saturday of college football, and the first full Saturday of football for October 2008.

Get ready for the Grand Prix of College Football as we'll take the green flag on a new Saturday of college football!

I had a tough time picking my GAME OF THE WEEK. I've ultimately decided to chat about Auburn's visit to Vanderbilt. That's the GAME OF THE WEEK for this week. Then, I want to chat about Kentucky's visit to Alabama as well as Illinois' visit to Michigan. I'll actually spend quite a bit of time in the SEC before chatting about the Big Ten.

Nashville, Tennessee - Vanderbilt in a Tight Race to Maintain Their High Ranking
* #19 Auburn {Tigers} at #13 Vanderbilt {Commodores} *** GAME OF THE WEEK ***
The Auburn Tigers were highly ranked, but the Vandy Commodores handled Auburn in a close fight. (14-13; #19 VANDERBILT)

Now to go elsewhere. Here is a pack of games about SEC action.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Kentucky Ready to Trade Paint with Alabama
* Kentucky {Wildcats} at #2 Alabama {Crimson Tide}
The University of Kentucky and University of Alabama are in a slipstream battle for this game. Alabama is the #2 team in the nation and blasting down the race track. But look out. Kentucky is charging hard and ready to overtake Alabama at all costs! Perhaps it's fitting that NASCAR is racing at Talladega because these two teams are ready to enter a slipstream battle because the Crimson Tide are confident they'll beat Kentucky to the checkered flag. However, fans in Lexington, Kentucky know that the Wildcats don't like being an also-ran. Second place is the first loser, so let's see who will go for gold. Kentucky could have won the game, but a late special teams blunder (onside kick out of bounds) generally negated almost any hope of a Wildcats' comeback. Kentucky tastes defeat for the first time this season. (17-14; #2 ALABAMA)

Oxford, Mississippi - South Carolina and Mississippi go Full Speed for the Win
* South Carolina {Gamecocks} at Mississippi {Rebels}
Here's a good drag race- South Carolina continues their good run as they are hosted by Mississippi. The Rebels are all set up and ready to blast down the 1/4 mile, leaving South Carolina in the dust. The Gamecocks love competition and are willing to make a race out of this match. The teams did their burnouts and are staged and ready to go. South Carolina were game enough winning on a hole shot. (31-24; South Carolina)

Next week: South Carolina at Kentucky (FoolKiller vs. Studentdriver)

Fayetteville, Arkansas - Arkansas' Bid to Beat and Bang With Florida
* #12 Florida {Gators} at Arkansas {Razorbacks}
When I think of the state of Arkansas and racing, I usually think of Mark Martin in NASCAR. The University of Arkansas has quite a battle on their hands. The Gators bring their blue and orange colors into Arkansas. The Razorbacks don't want to be anyone's bacon. Time to see who'll get it done here in this match. The Gators feasted on Razorback bacon in this game. The game seemed close until Florida kept pulling further away. (38-7; #12 Florida)

John's Feature State: Michigan
The state of Michigan is my feature state for this race and this week of action. We begin with the Big Ten's only two Michigan teams.

Ann Arbor, Michigan - The Big "I" Meets the Big "M"
* Illinois {Fighting Illini} at Michigan {Wolverines}
These are tough times in the American automobile market. MoTown's reeling a bit. Not far from Detroit is the city of Ann Arbor- home to the University of Michigan. This is the Joey D special as the Wolverines are prepared to outrun Illinois. The Fighting Illini, however, have their own impressive speed demons. Can the V-8 powered Michigan Wolverines outrun Illinois' boys? Let's find out. Michigan either blew a motor or had transmission troubles because all Michigan could see were Illinois' taillights. (45-20; Illinois)

SIDE NOTE/COMMENTARY - Auburn dropped the spread offense recently. Could Michigan follow suit?

East Lansing, Mississippi - Michigan State Thinks Green to Beat Iowa
* Iowa {Hawkeyes} at Michigan State {Spartans}
East Lansing Michigan is a city University of Michigan fans can't stand. I can't wait to see Michigan take on Michigan State. I ESPECIALLY can't wait for Michigan to collide with Ohio State later this year. Michigan State doesn't go green, they ARE green. They are fuel-efficient, low emissioned, mostly clean green machines. The Spartans aren't going to impress lots of people. Certainly Iowa isn't impressed. Black and gold are the colors for Iowa. Iowa has been a hotbed of E85 for all of their corn and everything. A devastating flood event earlier this year has been horrific for the state of Iowa. I hope they've recovered fully from the intense flooding as well as damage to the University of Iowa. The Hawkeyes run on E85 and try to win efficiently. They win with green power. Time to see what team wins this race with green power. Michigan State went green and won in a tight fit. (16-13; MICHIGAN STATE)

Kalamazoo, Michigan - Broncos Meet Some Bobcats
* Ohio {Bobcats} at Western Michigan {Broncos}
I think I've heard of an automobile known as the Bobcat. I immediately think of the Ford Bronco. The Broncos don't know what "tread lightly" means because they treaded all over the poor Bobcats. (41-20; WESTERN MICHIGAN)

Bowling Green, Ohio - Falcons Set to Take Flight Against Eastern Michigan
* Eastern Michigan {Eagles} at Bowling Green State {Falcons}
I heard Falcons are capable of speeds of up to 200 mph. If that's true, then Bowling Green State Falcons have no idea how fast EMU's Eagles can go. (24-21; Eastern Michigan)

Central Michigan didn't play. So why don't we move on to other games?

Lincoln, Nebraska - Nebraska Ready to Slam Missouri Into the Outside Wall
* #4 Missouri {Tigers} at Nebraska {Cornhuskers}
Nebraska was thinking upset, but the Cornhuskers were the ones that slammed into the wall and DNF'ed this game thanks to the Mizzou Tigers. (52-17; #4 Missouri)

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Run What You Brung, and Make Sure You Brung Enough!
* Rice {Owls} at Tulsa {Golden Hurricane}
This game was told to be a potentially fun game. You know, basketball on grass. Well... the Rice Owls went down a few cylinders as the Tulsa Golden Hurricane motored away to a large win. (63-28; TULSA)

Madison, Wisconsin - Buckeyes Try to Silence their Doubters in Wisconsin
* #14 Ohio State {Buckeys} at #18 Wisconsin {Badgers}
Wisconsin did the worst thing possible in their comeback effort- throw a pass DIRECTLY to an Ohio State defender... Ohio State was in it to win it... and didn't disappoint. (20-17; #14 Ohio State)

Ames, Iowa - Jayhawks Race for Their Lives Trying to Survive Mother Nature
* #16 Kansas {Jayhawks} at Iowa State {Cyclones}
A natural disaster stands in Kansas' way. Iowa State is ready to try and outrun Kansas. However, the Jayhawks are hammering through the gears. Kansas' offense kind of has a sequential shift gearbox as they really know how to accelerate their offense. Kansas was trailing a lot in the game to Iowa State, but the Jayhawks refused to be upset as they made a late pass for the lead... and eventually the win. (35-33; #16 Kansas)

RAPID FIRE:
* Washington State at UCLA (28-3; CALIFORNIA-LOS ANGELES)
* Duke at Georgia Tech (27-0; GEORGIA TECH)
* Rutgers at West Virginia (24-17; WEST VIRGINIA)
* UNLV at Colorado State (41-28; COLORADO STATE) <<< UNLV is 3-3 overall and 0-2 in Mountain West
* Stanford at Notre Dame (28-21; NOTRE DAME)
* Army at Tulane (44-13; Army)
* Florida State at Miami (41-39; Florida State)
* #7 Texas Tech at Kansas State (58-28; #7 Texas Tech)
* Arizona State at California (24-14; CALIFORNIA)
* #24 Connecticut at North Carolina (38-12; NORTH CAROLINA)
* Hawaii at #22 Fresno State (32-29, OT; Hawaii)

* Louisiana-Lafayette at Louisiana-Monroe (44-35; Louisiana-Lafayette)
* Florida International at North Texas (42-10; Florida International) <<< FIU is 2-3 and 1-0 in conference
* Western Kentucky at #20 Virginia Tech (27-13; #20 VIRGINIA TECH)
* UTEP at Southern Mississippi (40-37, 2OT; Texas-El Paso)
* Maryland at Virginia (31-0; VIRGINIA
* Washington at Arizona (48-14; ARIZONA)

* Northern Illinois at Tennessee (13-9; TENNESSEE)
* #23 Oregon at #9 USCal (44-10; #9 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)

Take a pit stop for a moment. Now let's zoom along with FCS scores.

Division 1: FCS Scores
It's time we take a RAPID FIRE look at college football action.

* #10 (D2) Tuskegee at Alabama A&M (34-24; Tuskegee)
* The Citadel at Appalachian State (47-21; APPALACHIAN STATE)
* North Greenville at Presbyterian (22-15; PRESBYTERIAN)
* Dartmouth at Pennysylvania (23-10; PENNSYLVANIA)
* Drake at Butler (21-15; BUTLER)
* Illinois State at Indiana State (57-9; Illinois State)
* Holy Cross at Yale (31-28, OT; YALE)
* Cornell at Lehigh (25-24; Cornell)
* Campbell at Dayton (42-0; Campbell)
* Hampton at Delaware State (17-14; Hampton)
* Richmond at Virginia Military (56-16; Richmond)
* Hofstra at James Madison (56-0; JAMES MADISON)
* Southern Illinois at North Dakota State (35-27; NORTH DAKOTA STATE)
* McNeese State at South Dakota State (46-44, 2OT; McNeese State)
* South Dakota at California Polytechnical (49-22; CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNICAL)
* Prairie View A&M at Grambling State (40-16; GRAMBLING STATE)
* Eastern Kentucky at Tennessee Tech (33-12; Eastern Kentucky)
* Southern at Jackson State (35-28; Southern) <<< Southern is 3-2 overall and 2-0 in conference (1st in SWAC West)
* Texas Southern at Texas State (63-39; TEXAS STATE

Division 2 Scores
This is another pit stop. Make ready to race with

* Mars Hill at #17 Carson-Newman (61-49; #17 CARSON-NEWMAN) <<< are you SURE this is football? Like a basketball score.
* Kentucky Wesleyan at Grand View (34-13; Kentucky Wesleyan
#25 Ferris Stat at Michigan Tech (21-7; MICHIGAN TECH)
* St. Paul's at Virginia Union (17-10; St. Paul's)
* North Carolina-Pembroke at Webber International (35-2; North Carolina-Pembroke)
* #1 Grand Valley State at Tiffin (49-0; #1 Grand Valley State)
* California University of Pennsylvania at Clarion (52-20; California University of Pennsylvania)

* Slippery Rock at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (23-16, 2OT; INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA)
#16 Nebraska-Omaha at Truman (26-20, 2OT; TRUMAN)
* Central State at Kentucky State (31-29; KENTUCKY STATE)
* Dixie State at Central Washington (49-14; #9 CENTRAL WASHINGTON)
* #2 North Alabama at Arkansas Tech
* #7 Pittsburg State at #6 Northwest Missouri State (35-10; #6 NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE)
* #18 Catawba at Newberry (33=14; NEWBERRY)

- Division 2 Texas Mini-Pack -
* East Central at #4 Abilene Christian (66-7; #4 ABILENE CHRISTIAN)
* #20 Midwestern State at #5 West Texas A&M (42-14; #5 WEST TEXAS A&M)
* Texas A&M-Kingsville at #15 Tarleton State (27-16; #15 TARLETON STATE)

Division 3 Scores
This is our final pit stop of the race. We can make it to the end! We begin with Division 3's top five teams and just a bunch of random scores.

* #1 Mount Union at Baldwin-Wallace (48-3; #1 Mount Union) <<< Purple Raiders of MUC are 4-0 overall and 3-0 in the Ohio Athletic Conference. All of their wins so far are double-digit beatdowns
* Wisconsin-La Crosse at Wisconsin-Whitewater (31-0; #2 WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER)
* #21 Hardin-Simmons at #3 Mary Hardin-Baylor (20-18; #3 MARY HARDIN-BAYLOR) <<< two Texas schools
* Mariette at Capital (38-6; #4 CAPITAL)
* #5 Muhlenberg at Johns Hopkins (28-23; #5 Muhlenberg)
* Hartwick at #10 St. John Fister (31-28; Hartwick)
* Denison at #14 Case Western Reserve (45-14; #14 CASE WESTERN RESERVE)
* #18 St. John's (MN) at Bethel (14-9; BETHEL)
* #22 Wartburg at Buena Vista (26-21; BUENA VISTA)
* #24 Central at Luther (26-7; LUTHER)

* FDU-Florham at Albright (24-1; ALBRIGHT)
* Hampden-Sydney at Bridgewater (VA) (37-34; Hampden-Sydney)
* McMurry at East Texas Baptist (31-7; EAST TEXAS BAPTIST)
* Norwich at Alfred (42-0; ALFRED)
* Mount St. Joseph at Bluffton (50-7; Mount St. Joseph)

* Western New England at Plymouth State (40-20; PLYMOUTH STATE)
* Massachusetts at Coast Guard (30-6; COAST GUARD)
* Monmouth-IL at Grinnel (69-0; Monmouth -of Illinois)
* Martin Luther at Minnesota-Morris (35-7; Martin Luther)
* Menlo at Linfield (9-0; LINFIELD)

This Grand Prix of College Football has now ended as I've taken you to the checkered flag of another week of college football.

I want to know what happened to U of M, from the little bit I did see they were playing awful. There is no drive to do well and it's making me mad. This is a team with some strong players on it and yet they don't produce. They have the coaching and they have the talent, now they just need the unity.

John's Winners and Losers

BIGGEST WIN(S) OF THE WEEK - Tuskegee is #10 in Division 2, but Beats an Ailing Alabama A&M
The Golden Tigers of Tuskegee did a very good job in taking down Alabama A&M. The Bulldogs of AAMU are in a hole in conference play as well as a 2-4 record.

MOST DISAPPOINTING LOSS(ES) OF THE WEEK - (tie) A Comeback for Kentucky Negated by a Special Teams Blunder and Maryland Loses at Virginia, Putting up Absolutely No Effort
* I heard the CBS coverage of this game late. I've failed this game because you just DON'T kick the ball out of bounds late in attempting a comeback down by three. It's a blunder you can't afford to make. You'd rather the other team catch the ball rather than have the ball go out of bounds. * The other game I failed was Maryland at Virginia. Virginia's the new Duke. How can Maryland lose to Virginia this bad? They'd beat their asses by that much. Sadly, Maryland let Virginia rail them.

UPSET(S) OF THE WEEK (if any) - Pittsburgh Stuns #10 South Florida in Hard-Fought Fashion
I doubted Pittsburgh, and they made me look dumb. Great job by the Steel City Kitties.

OWNAGE(S) OF THE WEEK - Monmouth Were Grinning as Grinnel Got Whacked 69-0
The Monmouth (of Illinois) took care of business hanging 69 on Grinnel. Grinnel basically broke on the line as Monmouth blasted away to the win.

Grinnel = OWNED 69-0 to Monmouth (of Illinois)!

Next week's thread is coming. Until then, feel free to share your views on this motorsports-inspired week of college football. Thank all of you for reading. Take care and God bless.

Latest Posts

Back