College Football: 2024 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 98 comments
I can't believe the Ducks pulled it off last night. I'm pretty sure that was the biggest game at Autzen ever. Any time I think of attending a Duck game, the thought of traffic there and back kills that idea every time :lol:

Jerome

Yeah, Omnis, there have been some banger games this season. Some unlikely results and some closer-than-expected games also. Last night's Ole Miss at LSU game was wild going down to Overtime. LSU won that one 29-26.

Hello, GTPlaneteers! May I interest you in another week of college football? Week 8 is here! Here is a preview of this week's games...

* The Troy Trojans head on down to Mobile, Alabama to meet the USA Jaguars. USA = University of South Alabama, mind you.

* The Bearkats of Sam Houston State University will welcome in some Hilltoppers from Western Kentucky in one of two "Hump Day" games on Wednesday.

* The Boston College Eagles will battle at the Virginia Tech Hokies. Birds of different feathers collide in Blacksburg, VA.

* Florida State heads up to Duke University to take on the Blue Devils. The Seminoles are stuck on one win so far this season.

* Can Dolph Drago's Purdue Boilermakers upset the No. 2 Oregon Ducks at Purdue in this Friday Night prime time match?

* The No. 6 Miami Hurricanes have yet to be defeated- 6-0. Can they improve to 7-0 when they head up to Louisville to face the Cardinals?

* The East Carolina Pirates will try to hand the Army Black Knights their first loss of the season. This game played in beautiful West Point, NY.

* How about a "Tiger Bowl?" We got the Auburn Tigers at the No. 19 Missouri Tigers coming up on Saturday.

* The greater Chicago area will see a Big Ten battle as the Northwestern Wildcats host the Wisconsin Badgers.

* After surviving a scare last week, the No. 7 Alabama Crimson Tide head over to Rocky Top to meet the No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers.

* Let's see what Michigan is made of. The No. 24 Michigan Wolverines will hit the road to take on the pretty hot No. 22 Illinois Fighting Illini.

* Navy is ranked No. 25 in the nation. The Midshipmen will host the Charlotte 49ers.

* The Washington State Cougars will host the Hawaii/Hawai'i Warriors.

* My beloved Houston Cougars will play at the Kansas Jayhawks, in a game to be played at Arrowhead Stadium.

* The Buckeye State has this MAC in-state rivalry, as the Ohio Bobcats play at Ben Roethlisberger's alma mater- the Miami (of Ohio) Redhawks.

* Omnis' Florida Atlantic Owls will visit San Antonio to take on the UTSA Roadrunners. Birds of different feathers.

* Yard_Sale's Arizona Wildcats have a high-profile match coming up when the Colorado Buffaloes visit Tuscon, Arizona.

* Rival states collide in Arkansas as The Boot Trophy is on the line. The No. 8 LSU Tigers will play at the Arkansas Razorbacks.

* No. 1 Texas faces a HUGE test on Saturday. Yes- bigger than the Red River Rivalry. The Texas Longhorns host the No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs.

* Jordan's Kentucky Wildcats will head down to The Swamp to take on the Florida Gators. Three teams in the SEC have 3-3 overall records, and two of those teams play in this game.

* A Colorado collision is in order when the Colorado State Rams play at the Air Force Falcons.

* Two Dakota States clash in a rivalry game. TB's North Dakota State Bison host the South Dakota State Jackrabbits.

Many more games across many more divisions for this week, but these are some of the ones I wanted to highlight on. Get jacked for a new week of college football! Enjoy this week's games!

Woot has NCAA socks on sale.

I'm slightly offended. :lol:

Screenshot_20241014_055527_Woot.jpg

Wrong logo, not even the right letters. At least they got the colors right. :lol:

When's the last time Army and Navy were undefeated and ranked in the Top 25? :eek:

Would be sick if they were both undefeated for Army-Navy and wound up in the playoffs.

To my knowledge, Army hasn't been this good since about 1996. Army has been National Champions about three times, mostly around the late stages of World War 2. Navy is usually the better of the three Service Academies in NCAA Division 1 (Army, Navy, Air Force). It would honestly be very cool if Army and Navy ran the table until the Army-Navy Game (which is one of my favorite rivalries).

Most of these facts I'm sharing are off the top of my head. Don't take too much of this for gospel.

Great weekend of football and I was surprised that the Ducks knocked off OSU. I think Ryan Day may start to feel some heat and may lose his job if they lose to Michigan again (they shouldn't) and they don't make some noise in the playoffs

Back