COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
If they put this track back in... SSR11 better be in it too!

This track really tested the potential of a car better than the Top Gear Test Track.

I hate complex string because it is so hard, and there's is not much track on it that is enjoyable...its challenging...but I'd still like to see it in game because 1) we have had it before, 2) it is a good track to test a car out, and 3) it is a good track to test a driver.

So +1 for me..

Every track that makes it into GT5 would be good. For this one and Top Gear Test Track I would prefer only for testing, license tests and time trials but please no racing on those tracks.

The track creator will be able to do all that and more IMO

Something like Cosmic Winding is Enthusia is a better test track since it's shorter, but really tells you a lot about how a car handles

As much as I enjoyed the Complex string in GT3, for me the Nurburgring replaced this track, and I personally prefer the Nurbugring, to have both though could be cool.

As much as I enjoyed the Complex string in GT3, for me the Nurburgring replaced this track, and I personally prefer the Nurbugring, to have both though could be cool.

In a way I could agree with that, but in a way No. The Nurburgring makes an incredible testing ground and race track.

But the complex string is built to have each set of tests isolated from each other. The Ring mixes everything together. Personally I think another Complex string should be made, or the current one expanded.

Its has Slalom, 90s, Varing radius loops and humps. It doesn't have hairpin after hairpin, severely undulating terrain under different circumstances, counter banked corners, uphill climbs and downhill. Sharp road hills at close compression. A proper isolated scenario test track. It does have a lot of testing ability, but with 100 tracks its cenarios need to vary a bit more. I'll edit this a bit moer later as I'm out of time at the moment.

-> ...
Cape Ring should make up for Complex String though.
^ Um no, Complex String is a far different animal compared to the 'tame' Cape Ring. Infact, the Complex String is a technical tour de force. Cape Ring on the other hand is like Autumn Ring on 'roids.

The course maker really can't do for us what Complex String did, and Cape Ring is pretty different in the sense that it's less compact and less complex. At the end of the day, it would be great for testing--one can hope for DLC, but I don't think PD even cares about the track at this point.

I miss this track. It was the first track I looked for when firing up GT5 the first time. Capering is not a good replacement, neither is Nurburg, good tracks just not a good replacement, Complex String is irreplaceable and compares to nothing, imo. By far the best track for overall performance. You get a car tuned well here it will perform well everywhere. You could say that for a few other tracks too but . . . the irony is, its just not the same.

I loved Complex String. Would love to see it back. Also Red Canyon I remember liking alot. Would be nice to see it back again with a bit more complexity.

I want to see more tracks with "race track" character like Trial Mountain, Autum Ring or Deep Forest....tracks like Complex String, Cape Ring or most City Circuits ruin the racing atmosphere.

Midfield Raceway is missing too.

I want to see more tracks with "race track" character like Trial Mountain, Autum Ring or Deep Forest....tracks like Complex String, Cape Ring or most City Circuits ruin the racing atmosphere.

Midfield Raceway is missing too.

City circuits ruin the racing atmosphere ? Im shocked. Almost every modern country in the world has a city circuit. Unmatched tight and technical racing. You're one of very few with that sentiment. To each his own though.

Yes Ofcourse i want it !! Its tracks like these that count !
THIS TRACK + THE EBISU AND AL ITS VARIATIONS in GT5 and i will never do anything else but sitt infront of my DFGT and Drift till the day i die :P

A small video to show the kind of tracks i like :

Back