Current Race Series Running on GTplanet

james it could be me but aren't you missing one of the nicest challenges of the mo that mr p/ron is doing: race vs. jgtc vs. touring?

also, if i may, you might want to check your spelling: it's qualifier and qualifying instead of qualifer and qualifing.

👍 👍 👍

Sorry about that, and would his races be in the same group as the WRS you think?
I will have to look in to it more:).

I've just kinda stumbled upon the race section of gtplanet :dunce: .

I've had a look around and I can't really figure out how it works :dunce: X2

I understand how you run the championships (I think) but how do you get your replays to each other or the race-boss-person.

Do you load them onto P.C.? is it an expensive piece of kit?

And finaly how do you adjust some of the settings when you set up the race, I've just read about the JGTC series final race, is it all set up and done in arcade mode?, any info would be appreciated.

Hope I've posted this in an aceptable place

Thanks
Teshu

Also what happens if I for example slide onto the sand or grass on a corner, if it's just bad driving is that kinda OK as it's not to my advantage but if I do it deliberatley then it would be frowned upon?

Thanks again.

Teshu
I understand how you run the championships (I think) but how do you get your replays to each other or the race-boss-person.

Teshu
Do you load them onto P.C.?

Most of the time a thing called a Action Replay Max or ARMax is used.
It allows you to take your replay from your PS2, put it on a USB drive
and then put it on the PC. Then you can send it to other people.

Teshu
is it an expensive piece of kit?

No, about $50 here in the US.

Teshu
And finaly how do you adjust some of the settings when you set up the race, I've just read about the JGTC series final race, is it all set up and done in arcade mode?, any info would be appreciated.

At the screen where you pick start race and other options, there is one for
settings. There you can change the weight and horsepower of your car.
By up -10% to +10% for weight, and -20% to +20% for horsepower.
Also you can change the gearing for race and rally cars too.

Teshu
Also what happens if I for example slide onto the sand or grass on a corner, if it's just bad driving is that kinda OK as it's not to my advantage but if I do it deliberatley then it would be frowned upon?

Yes that's just right, if you can't help it and you slide off it's ok. But if you go
off to gane some time or to pass a car that is a no no.

I hope that helps you out a little:).

Hey Angel, I just wanted to leave you know that my current series (Homologation Road Cars) is in it's final round and shall be taken down, while I'm setting up a new one called The Ultimate Street Car Challenge, http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95258 . Just thought I'd lend a little help. :cheers:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Ok, thanks:tup:. I will get it put up there, and I will leave your old thread up there for a bit.

Hey, great idea, hadn't seen this before. I thought I would let you know that the Virtual Track Day series is back into discussion/interest stages again, and should now be on the first page of the short series sub. Keep up the goodz!

I've just read again this thread, and thought it deserves a greater visibility, so I left a redirect into the Race Series forum.
Since that forum has posting disabled, this ensures it will be the one and only thread people will see when they are about to choose either the short or the long race series subforums.
;)

Just thought I'd let you know that I have a interest and signup thread going for a new Long Race Series called the GTPlanet Clio Cup. I hope you can add the series and link to your First Post. :D

Thought I should point out to all, the WES!

An open-to-all WRS style continuous competition.
HERE is the interest thread.
HERE is the qualifier thread.
HERE is the race suggestions thread.

And HERE is the current race thread.

Neil

I will work on updating this, should be done in a day or so.

Edit:
For now I have updated the list, but it still needs work.

alot of good race series to join this year round, might have to sign up to another along with WRS since i have some extra time on my hands

I'm new at this site but I really would be interested in a short or long series that is based in GT5P. I see a few races here and there but have no clear picture of a series in that realm. Sure I'm likely in the minority of the population.

That will come sooner than expected.
I suggest you stay tuned to the WRS forum, see link in my sig.

The thread has been updated. Sorry it took so long, I have been playing BorderLands and Forza3 alot.

Is this where I come to say that I created a series (right here)? I'm not sure.

EDIT: Never mind, I am closing the series because no one was joining.

Last edited:
Back