• Thread starter Recon
  • 15 comments

Recon

Only The Best
Premium
United States
Pennsylvania
Recon_FX
I've been racing alot lately and the music is growing old, don't get me wrong, I like some of the songs but others are a little past their expiration date

My question is what kind of music did you put on a new playlist just for GT5 racing?Which songs did you keep from the default music?

Some unmixed drum 'n bass compilations,

Got some 400 songs in the playlist, never gets old and gets me pumped up like nothing!

The VW bus race at the TGTT with drum 'n bass in the background adds a strange contrast though...

Same here...some unmixed DnB comps. Gets the juices flowing and puts me in a nice rhythm...:)

I've been racing alot lately and the music is growing old, don't get me wrong, I like some of the songs but others are a little past their expiration date

My question is what kind of music did you put on a new playlist just for GT5 racing?Which songs did you keep from the default music?

Did you take a look at the other tracks/songs in the game that aren't enabled by default? There's quite a few tracks there to listen to.

Wubstep for me.

Did you take a look at the other tracks/songs in the game that aren't enabled by default? There's quite a few tracks there to listen to.

>Opinions and implying i dont have a vast collection of music from all genres and years.

One of my most anticipated features before GT5 was released, hate being stuck listening to music I don't like, especially in a game i play so much.

I've got around 12 to 15 albums of drum and bass and that's all i listen to playing GT5. Unlike the posts above tho most of my cd's are mixed sets from loads of different DJ's.

DnB is good for driving, but you only need one album that you can listen over and over and over again and get pumped every time you hear it. That is of course....... Daft Punk Alive 2:D:D7

Lots and lots of stuff...

Mushroom Jazz stuff, the Stones, ACDC, Pink Floyd, Doors, Sublime, Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, The Pixies, Depeche Mode, Eazy E, Snoop, Dre, P.U.T.S., Eric B & Rakim (when they were still down with each other), Oasis, Tool, Bad Religion, some trance & house, and of course... Marley....

My usual poison, mellow indie/country, drew the worst out of my driving. I was far less agressive on the track!

My soundtrack now is mostly rock.

Currently have the soundtrack from the film Driver loaded up. A bit retro and downtempo in places, but a pretty good album. I also have the Wipeout soundtrack album in there on random too!

I continually add to my playlist. Currently it sits just above ten hours. I had one around 38 hours, but I got tired of some of the stuff, instead of weeding out what I didn't want to hear, I just made a new one with only what I really wanted to listen to.

Yes, there's dubstep in my playlist; don't hate.

I have some excellent tracks from OCReMix, a bunch of stuff from newgrounds.(mostly dubstep, house, trance, and techno), some Ratatat, Buckethead, Pretty lights, deadmau5, a few Skrillex tracks, Dominic Gaudious (Guitar + Didgeridoo FTW), a few songs from Muse, and a couple from DragonForce to round it all out.

I also have a decent collection of music from some of my old favorite games. Ridge Racer 4, Need for Speed 3 and High Stakes, Timesplitters 1, 2, and Future Perfect, and Guilty Gear.

That covers most of it for now, I've got a lot more but either don't feel like listening to it or haven't bothered to sort it all into a proper playlist. (For instance, I have every track on OCReMix, about 700 more from Newgrounds, and 24,000+ MIDI tunes which comes to well over three straight weeks by itself.

Put on the song "Glory Box" by Portishead, and drive an Aston Martin on a night track like SSR7 or Nurb (even better)

- You'll feel like James Bond.

DO IT NOW

0006g2d7

All sorts of stuff, mostly from other game soundtracks (NFS III, TXR0, GT2, GT4, Lunar 2, Street Fighter II, Sonic R).

Last edited:
Back