Dark Mode for GTP

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 82 comments
It’s getting pretty close now…

2C4C0570-8B36-4772-A627-C0E0E040E417.jpeg

Glad to see progress is happening with dark mode. Very much looking forward to having that and seeing the site redesign.

I spend way too much of my day on here now since the forums provide most of my info on what's happening out there in the games and real world. 👍

Closer than ever ??!!...

Admit it @Jordan, you subcontracted this dark mode feature implementation to Kaz...

Coming Soon (Trademarked)

How close is it? Like Earth Moon distance compared to Sun Earth distance ?

Just wanted to come back here and provide some positive affirmations.
It's way too easy for all of us to complain and be negative, but not enough of us take the time to share positive things...

And so, here I am to confirm that I have been enjoying for over a year now, if not more, I don't remember when exactly, but the dark mode on this website is extremely easy on my eyes and very easy to switch from devices to devices, no problem at all.

Very well implemented.

Next you should join PD to help them with a few of their issues.

my eyes still everytime @Famine responds or makes an important announcement

View attachment 1399605

may i suggest @Famine to choose a color that can be seen in both normal And dark mode please...?

thanks in advance
You can suggest what you like but it isn't going to happen.

Also the forum software automatically changes the colour of my posts for Dark Mode. Also I use Dark Mode.

1729622937363.png

Last edited:
1729623386471.png

vs

1729622998059.png

well then all i can say is that whoever worked on the software setting missed this and should update the software settings...

in the meantime i guess i will just highlight your texts as a work around, if i feel like reading it.

since this doesn't bother you enough to do something about it, then i too wont be bothered reading you, my eyes are naturally squinting enough...

View attachment 1399612

vs

View attachment 1399610

well then all i can say is that whoever worked on the software setting missed this and should update the software settings...

in the meantime i guess i will just highlight your texts as a work around, if i feel like reading it.

since this doesn't bother you enough to do something about it, then i too wont be bothered reading you, my eyes are naturally squinting enough...
Hmm, who could that be...

Bearing in mind that this was specifically put in place for my annoying indigo posts and has functioned perfectly well since day one, it would seem to be a local issue and neither my fault nor "whoever worked on the software setting". Could be you've got some browser plugins getting in the way.

1729623933463.png

What happens if you hit F5?

Last edited:
hitting F5 seems to do nothing for me....

but i switched browser and using edge seems to show the same color as you, which is better.
For whatever reason, on my Vivaldi browser, the purple is completely blinding.

So sorry for the accusation, please accept my apologies my good sir!

Problems identified and understood.

Thank you for your time, and glad we got to the bottom of this ;)

Please carry on your day

Yeah, I built a system which modifies custom text color in such a way that it is lightened in dark mode while keeping its hue. The fact we allow such a wide range of user formatting controls is one reason dark mode for a forum like GTP is so complex.

I just checked a clean install of the latest version of Vivaldi on Windows and the text color modification system was working as expected, so it could be a browser plugin that's caused the issue.

Back