Deals on 1080p Displays

Congrats on the new acquisition!

:cheers:

The only downside to having a new awesome display is finding the time to go back and watch previous blu-ray movies and play older games just to see how much nicer they look now! :D

The only downside to having a new awesome display is finding the time to go back and watch previous blu-ray movies and play older games just to see how much nicer they look now! :D
Good thing he only has one blu-ray then!

Games, on the other hand, might take a while... :lol:

Just a heads-up, I got a call from a friend yesterday saying that Vizio is selling the remaining stock of their amazing VP-504 50" 1080p Plasmas, the same model I purchased and talked about earlier, only instead of $1,500 Vizio is selling them directly for just $900 and that's without tax and free delivery. 👍

Just a heads-up, I got a call from a friend yesterday saying that Vizio is selling the remaining stock of their amazing VP-504 50" 1080p Plasmas, the same model I purchased and talked about earlier, only instead of $1,500 Vizio is selling them directly for just $900 and that's without tax and free delivery. 👍

Damn. That is what I paid for my 42" LCD last year from Vizio.

And before we begin into a Plasma/LCD talk, I got it because it is a glorified computer monitor and I didn't even want to have to think about seeing a start bar and icons forever in the display :P

I just checked, and my friend was mistaken... the deal is even better, as it's for their flagship model the VP505XVT 50" 1080p Plasma, and not its predecessor, the VP-504 which is what I have in our family room.

The VP505XVT is the model that has the REON video processing chip from Silicon Optics with HQV processing and the updated PDP panel. It has received countless glowing reviews, and considered by many to be one of the best flat panel displays on the market. 👍

Unfortunately, like most other companies, Vizio is having to call it quits regarding PDP panels, as it's simply too expensive to manufacture compared to LCD panels, so this is the last flagship plasma from Vizio.

Damn. That is what I paid for my 42" LCD last year from Vizio.

And before we begin into a Plasma/LCD talk, I got it because it is a glorified computer monitor and I didn't even want to have to think about seeing a start bar and icons forever in the display :P

I totally understand why LCD is so popular, as burn-in is really the main thing to worry about with a plasma, and there are definite advantages to LCD in terms of both cost and power consumption. All that power also means a lot of heat production. If you stand near our plasma you can feel the heat radiating from it quite easily.

That said, the picture quality we get from our plasma makes the risk and cost worth while, at least for the timing being. :)

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a decision hold-up right now. I went to BestBuy's website to look at 40 inch 1080p TVs, and I'm trying to decide between the Toshiba and Samsung. The Toshiba is 650 bucks and the Samsung is 150 bucks more. The thing is though is that I'm going to have my brother buy it since he is an employee and he gets awesome discounts. So is there any reason for me to plunk down the extra to get the Samsung, even though both TVs have the exact same specs?

If you want to know the specific TVs...

The Toshiba model is the 40RV525R/U.

The Samsung model is the LN40B530P7FXZA.

Back