Did You See Anything Good Today? 'Event and Showroom Edition'

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,174 comments
Wow! You are lucky having such an epic showroom near you. The most exciting thing I've seen in one is an M5... :guilty:

There are a few of the Gallardo, but they aren't interesting, the Gallardo SuperLeggera is but I couldn't be bothered taking a picture, the showroom has a "Hypercar" section on the second floor, one day I need to visit as the floor is hidden away from streetwalkers eyes.

But I get SpotterShyness, I don't dare ring the bell at the entrance, but the cars their are always changing, they specialize in Lamborghini but apparently sell cars from Wiesmann, Pagani, Porsche and Bugatti.

@Astros, I know a Hachi-Roku when I see one ;)

Jai
@Astros, I know a Hachi-Roku when I see one ;)

Yeah you're right. The 86 has a higher roof line, but other that that, the Trueno and S12 look very similar...

s12_vs_ae86.jpg

Wait... actually... I don't even know anymore...

The AE86 was a very popular car at the time, with record breaking sales.

Nissan have obviously taken inspiration from the design, and most likely sold it cheaper.

That's a lot easier said than done....The owner believes getting the electronics & what not replaced will run him around $100,000.

Right...but...if you can afford a $2.5million FXX...$100k worth of electronics repair might not seem so bad. Cheaper than replacing the whole car.

Maybe so, but the point is that it wasn't as simple as drying it out & starting it. It's also not a FXX, just an Enzo that Edo Comp. modified & named as the Enzo XX Evolution.

Regardless, either Edo & Rana (the owner) will fix it, or Ferrari will take it back & rebuild it.

Rana also owned the MC12, and LP640 that were there, or so I was told.

He was an incredibly friendly guy, let me sit in the Enzo and everything.

And just cause its sort of on top, heres the MC12 that came along getting hooned.

You could get rides in them for $10, and it all went to charity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNY1OQNsvdQ

Also: The only visual damage to the Enzo is a cracked headlight.

Maybe so, but the point is that it wasn't as simple as drying it out & starting it. It's also not a FXX, just an Enzo that Edo Comp. modified & named as the Enzo XX Evolution.

Regardless, either Edo & Rana (the owner) will fix it, or Ferrari will take it back & rebuild it.

Whatever. I'm learned my lesson about arguing with you about what a car is or isn't.

I'm not sure if it's in the quoted video, but there's footage from just after the car got pulled out of the water where Rana says something like "I guess I'll just have to get an FXX!"

-> Just got back from Barrett-Jackson earlier:

-Got the Tix!-
IMG_3295.JPG

S197/2 Mustang RTR
IMG_3300.JPG

'48 Tucker Torpedo
IMG_3315.JPG

'47 Bentley Franay Mark VI
IMG_3316.JPG

'57 DeSoto Adventurer Convertible
IMG_3319.JPG

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
IMG_3333.JPG

Mustang Mach-1's
IMG_3334.JPG

Plain-Body Shelby Cobra 427
IMG_3338.JPG

Superformance/Shelby Daytona Coupe Continuation
IMG_3335.JPG

Mosler Raptor GTR
IMG_3361.JPG

^ Will be back for more pics. :)

I just went out from to get some dinner at Pizza Hut and on the way passed a big event promoting a VW cabriolet featuring hot chicks in formal evening wear and a load of men dressed in rabbit costumes.
I didn't have my phone with me to take pics but it might still be there when I leave work so I can get a pic up later

Vanishing Boy, those are some great pics from the auction, usually don't watch Barrett-Jackson, but I managed to catch some of it last night while I was flipping through the channels. Looks like they had a lot of really nice cars. I don't know if you looked at the thread I put up about the Simeone Foundation Museum, but if you didn't I have a picture in there of the Shelby Daytona Coupe that was the first one they ever made.

Nice pics Vanishing Boy! I enjoy seeing those older cars nice and polished. Never seen that Bentley and the Tucker before, that'll turn a few heads on the road if it ever gets there :)

I'll be waiting for more photos :P

One of these days, I will wander over to a Barret-Jackson auction. As for now, I'll settle for little showrooms like the Silver Showroom down on Monroe here in Spokane. I didn't get to go inside as they were closed, but I did get some snap shots of some of the cars behind the fence outside.

Old Dodge Pickup:
9qwoq0.jpg

50's Chrysler Imperial:
1z6f706.jpg

1960 Borgward Isabella
2s9vvbc.jpg

EDIT: Found out what the final car is. Thanks Cano!

Last edited:
-> Here some more pics from Barrett-Jackson:

Mustang Challenge Race Car
IMG_3299.JPG

Dodge Dart
IMG_3322.JPG

Pontiac GTO
IMG_3324.JPG

Delahaye Competition
IMG_3325.JPG

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
IMG_3331.JPG

Freightliner SportChassis Custom Truck
IMG_3340.JPG

Dodge Viper GTS ACR
IMG_3349.JPG

Jaguar XKR
IMG_3344.JPG

SLP Camaro ZL1 (not the GM version)
IMG_3346.JPG

Austin-Healey 3000 Mk.2
IMG_3356.JPG

^ More to come... ;)

Last edited:
Cheating, I know, but I did see these cars, I just didn't take a photo of 'em...

1tt00w.png

From left to right:

Jaguar XJ, Old Mercedes, '66 Pontiac GTO, Dodge Charger, Chevy El Camino and C3 Corvette. All sitting in the lot at Silver Auctions. It's fun to go by there every once and a while just to see what new beauties they have in.

Spotted a 2012 Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG (with a 5.5L biturbo :rolleyes: ) Unfortunately, the day before there were two C63 AMG coupes that were most likely sold or moved. :( Funny enough, it was the same day I spotted an E55 AMG out and about.
IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

Back