Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Recently I posted a blue T1 with a small rear window (old version)

Today I spotted his younger (still old) brother T2 with a bigger rear window.

Also rare nowadays, Mercedes Benz 200D, W 114/W 115 - Mercedes, when I was a young boy.

In the neighborhood :eek: a Camaro RS.

Little Abarth Fiat 500 devil.

Late 70s Firebird
IMG_20130810_122105_zps536afe4a.jpg

Nissan GT-R (R35)
IMG_20130820_152801_zpsb119bfc2.jpg

IMG_20130820_152822_zpsf3eadb92.jpg

IMG_20130820_153006_zps23110441.jpg

Are Leafs (Leaves?) uncommon in the rest of the country? I see at least a couple a week here.

I would buy a Leaf out of the realistic electric cars on the market right now but the one thing I don't get about the Leaf is that they give you the option whether you want to buy the battery or rent it? Like what? Obviously you want to buy it but to buy it they give you the pleasure of forking out an extra 5 thousand pounds. Oh and it's 70 pounds a moth renting.

As much as I'd love to buy one I don't think I would because of that very annoying factor. I wouldn't have a BMW i3 because that thing looks futuristic but still ugly. I don't want a Prius, that thing is drab. I really don't think there is any good electric car on the market right now, IMO.

EDIT: I know there is loads of electric cars like Lexus', BMWs etc but I mean a hatchback/small car.

@Doog,
I know I live in England and obviously that's a different country but I've never seen a Leaf before so in my part of England I guess they must be rare.

I'd say Nissan Leafs or "Leaves" are common enough like Volts that they're not entirely that special.

Anyways, driving to a place (I'll mention it in the other DYSAGT thread), spotted this NJ plated X5M. Which conveiniently passed the X5 diesel we were in.
1240639_10201981723484054_2138356306_n.jpg

I have not seen one yet.

I seen my 3rd or 4th Leaf the other day. I have a picture, I just haven't had the chance/couldn't be bothered to upload it. It was blue, but one I seen before looked nice - it was black with black wheels.

and my one for the day

and as an aside.... do $120 digi cameras get worse at focusing over time? I'm about to throw mine out the window with the number of spots I've missed recently due to slow camera action...

DAT AM ZAGATO! :drool:

Anyways, a boring week, yet I have some shots!

Toyota Paseo by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

Range Rover Series IV by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

Range Rover Series IV by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
First time to see this on the road.

Cadillac SRX by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
Finally! A Caddy that's not an Escalade!

JDM as FCK! by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
:yuck:

Honda Civic Type R [FN2] by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
Second time seeing this FN2.

Anyone else have several Fisker Karmas near you? I've seen about 9 or 10 different Karmas within the past year...

Yes. Only 2500 made, but people who own them drive them, so you see them out a fair bit. I still take pics of them when I get the chance, beautiful cars.

Yes. Only 2500 made, but people who own them drive them, so you see them out a fair bit. I still take pics of them when I get the chance, beautiful cars.

Yes, but around 350 of them made were lost due to flooding or the hurricane.. And there's only 1600 of them in the USA with the rest in Europe or Canada...

Oh, damn. That must have contributed to the bankruptcy. I know of at least 9 different ones in my area that I've caught on (digital) film...

Anyone else have several Fisker Karmas near you? I've seen about 9 or 10 different Karmas within the past year...

I've seen maybe five. The Tesla Model S though, I could do with seeing less of around here... :indiff:

Maybe not rare cars but
Ferrari F12

LFA (Nurburgring Edition?)

Aston V12 Zagato

wat

When I was in Ft. Lauderdale I seen a car that I thought was a Fisker Karma, but I only had .25 seconds to see it and it could've been anything, really. Was hoping to see one today at the car show but I didn't.

Edit: My spots for today.

Not sure if this is any good, but it sure sounded good and it looked pretty cool.

Very nice and clear picture of a Roush Mustang. (with beautiful exhaust noise)

This may be stretching the term "Wild" a bit, but this is kind of a wild spot.

Posting the event pictures in the event thread later. It was one hell of an event. The best for Indy.

Forgot about this one: My first Ferrari California!

Still forgetting some pics - they're all spread out.

Probably gonna stop posting Leafs (can't call them Leaves, can you? Or can you?)

My first non-AMG G-Class.

I know some of you like these classic Porsches...

:(

Another Ferrari California. It had just parked. (I'm 75% sure this isn't the same one from above. Driver and passenger weren't the same)

Reached 100% on my Photobucket account, so I had to switch to my old-old account to upload my remaining 35/195 pictures.

Last edited:
Back