Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,858 comments
And, Gotbeef, "Nobody likes my post?" Unless I'm an idiot, that's a showroom, and those photos belong in the other thread. Somebody might like them there, but not really here. This thread is for wild spotting.

For instance, there's a Mercedes dealership nearby where I could probably stop by and take photos of an E63 or C63. But that wouldn't be very exciting for me.

Seeing these guys on the road today, though, made me smile. Been a while since I've seen anything good. Well, the RS7 a little while back.

Is this real? I didn't think they made the Mexico as a 4 door.

Not as nice as the 2 door but cool nonetheless.
image.jpg

Is this real? I didn't think they made the Mexico as a 4 door.

Not as nice as the 2 door but cool nonetheless.
View attachment 98523

Could either be a regular 4-door that's been modified. Or if you're lucky, one of the 4-door Mexicos formerly used by the Jersey police.

Incredibly rare find if it's the latter. Ford only produced a handful of them in the 70s.

Last edited:
I don't have photo uploader yet, but my latest finds were:

-Ferrari 430 16M (again, hopefully I'll spot it again to take a pic, at last)
-Porsche 911 Turbo (996) (I see this every week or so)
-BMW 335d (not the i but it's still fast. My uncle drove it to the limiter with me in the car)
-Aston Martin *Dramatic music* Cygnet!

View attachment 98046
Love the look of these things, had they made decent engines for them I would've considered getting one. The only powerful engine was a 2.4 petrol that wasn't good on fuel and only produced 180bhp.

I'm not sure what you mean by decent engines, as I've not heard bad reviews on their reliability. The 2.4 was also the only engine available in the Kizashi, and there was an AWD 6 speed manual model as well. Strap a 185hp engine to that and you've got quite an animal in my opinion. :dopey:

Edit: Sorry for the double-post.

Yeah but it's dismal on fuel and you can get plenty I 1.6 and 2.0 turbos that have more performance and economy.

23mpg city for a 2.4? I'd say that's reasonable enough. Even if you disagree, I'm not really bothered by cars' fuel economy anyway, whether it be good or poor.

My 3 litre six gets the same if not better performance, and it has 260bhp not 180bhp.

It was supposed to be a really thrashy engine anyway, not really that enjoyable to extract the performance from.

Just think it would've been better if it had a modern 2 litre turbo petrol or diesel.

Yeah, that GT-R is the kind of car to comment on when you happen to see it from 3 pages back. Epic. Though I think I said so already. Just interesting to note, I think, that very few posts more than a couple pages old get any further replies.

And Doog, I'm curious, what was that a parking lot for? Way out in the desert somewhere looks like.

And, I hate taking photos into the sun, but whaddya going to do. Sunny and cold today, after warmer and wet yesterday. On my way to work, an SRT-8 Magnum tickled my fancy when I noticed it had stock wheels. So many of them seem to get the dub treatment around here...

I finally have pictures that aren't blurry or far shots:
I honestly don't know how rare it is to see this gen of the 7 series other than I rarely see these.
11938914935_3df5fac831_b.jpg

Holy Chrome on this Hummer H2!
11939193743_55aaeb1d30_b.jpg

One of my 3 favorite Mercurys:
11939756956_45bf858f60_b.jpg

An Impreza WRX that I liked, it had a sti badge on the back, but I'm not sure whether or not it is one.
11939193553_27956c3a91_b.jpg

VW Jetta Mk.4 GLI
11938914695_6ea2bc2828_b.jpg

I finally have pictures that aren't blurry or far shots

An Impreza WRX that I liked, it had a sti badge on the back, but I'm not sure whether or not it is one.
11939193553_27956c3a91_b.jpg

It has brembos so my guess would be that yes it's a STI. I dont like how they removed the side pieces of the grill though. :/

Back