Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,851 comments
IMG_20241004_163339.jpg

Longest truck I saw irl

This pulled up outside my "local" a couple of nights ago. I didn't see it because I had to leave early but a family member took video. Which I have forgotten how to post so here's a screenshot! 🤣
Apparently only 250 were made (Huracan Avio) and it was being delivered in an air conditioned glass enclosed trailer to someone at the bar as a present..... now you don't see that every day!

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 21.48.40.png

First of all, I'm sorry if this is not enough "high end" for this thread, but I'm still posting it since it's such a rare sight these days:

1000000773.jpg
1000000774.jpg
1000000772.jpg

Ford Probe 16v from 1995, a really rare sight especially here in Europe.
And the good thing is: it's for sale! For the past 2 weeks I've been seeing this car right here on the side of the road on my way to work.
Did some quick googling, apparently it's an atmosferic 4 cylinder 2.0 cc 16 valve with 114 hp, front wheel drive and 5 speed gearbox...the styling kinda reminds me of the 4th Gen Camaro, it's a very 90's looking car, I like it :D

First of all, I'm sorry if this is not enough "high end" for this thread, but I'm still posting it since it's such a rare sight these days:

View attachment 1395316View attachment 1395317View attachment 1395314

And the good thing is: it's for sale! For the past 2 weeks I've been seeing this car right here on the side of the road on my way to work.
Did some quick googling, apparently it's an atmosferic 4 cylinder 2.0 cc 16 valve with 114 hp, front wheel drive and 5 speed gearbox...the styling kinda reminds me of the 4th Gen Camaro, it's a very 90's looking car, I like it :D
This would’ve been a great addition for the next festival playlist in Forza horizon, as the theme is „back to the 90s“ and this car has as you said the ultimate 90s styling😀

This thing was originally planned as Mustang. Mazda was involved.
Wow, I had no idea Mazda played a role on this:eek:
But now that you've mentioned it, the design of the car somewhat bears a slight "japanese" influence as well, mostly noticeable on those almost oversized windows and windscreen which go pretty much all around the car with the exception of a very thin A-pillar... that's a very characteristic detail mostly present in Japanese cars, not American ones.
And, to add to that, the car has pop-up headlights which were a big trend back in the 90s and there were A LOT of Japanese cars with them...
However, that rear end looks very much "american" to me... I'll take this as very interesting mashup of American and Japanese 90s automotive design 👌

View attachment 1395316View attachment 1395317View attachment 1395314

This is the official thread about Ford Probe 😉
IMG_5473.jpeg

This Probe has been sitting at my work for about 5-7 years or so. The owner don’t want to let it go I guess, it was his sons first car and he lives abroad. I think this one has a high sentimental value for him, so it just stands there and get worse for every year 😢

This is the official thread about Ford Probe 😉
View attachment 1395481
This Probe has been sitting at my work for about 5-7 years or so. The owner don’t want to let it go I guess, it was his sons first car and he lives abroad. I think this one has a high sentimental value for him, so it just stands there and get worse for every year 😢
Wow, a Ford Probe as a 1st car? That's pretty good if you ask me :D
It's a real shame to see a car gathering dust like that, at least there's a roof above it...
The Probe I found the other day is just sitting on the outside without any protection from the weather, and the winter is approaching fast... I only hope someone buys the car soon so it doesn't have to go through the entire winter in there!
It's almost a "pre-classic" (nearly 30 years old)...

@35mm OMG, that's a rare sight indeed :drool:
Wait... I recognize that roundabout... that's in my hometown Leiria! I use that roundabout every day on my way to work.

(Yes I'm Portuguese if you're wondering :D)

Last edited:
I don't believe I had ever seen one of these in the flesh before:

7xJYz3X.png

hP4HcwE.png

EK9 Civic Type R
I find it interesting what cars are rare and where. That's rare where you are, but in the UK I think I've seen about 348,762,197 of them (or thereabouts) over the years.
I used to have the follow up Type R with the triangle exhaust. Fantastic car, but it gave you a sore bum driving it :lol:

I find it interesting what cars are rare and where. That's rare where you are, but in the UK I think I've seen about 348,762,197 of them (or thereabouts) over the years.
I used to have the follow up Type R with the triangle exhaust. Fantastic car, but it gave you a sore bum driving it :lol:
Are you sure about that?

I imagine that a right-hand drive car should be a much more common import in the UK than in the rest of Europe (remember, these were only available in the Japanese market), but still I believe very few of these were actually built. I'd day less than 20,000.

I find it interesting what cars are rare and where
JDM Civic's are pretty common here too, plenty were exported from Japan in 2000s. Our eastern regions using JDM vehicles exclusively. In similar fashion, Kaliningrad using 90s-00s Germans exclusively.

Are you sure about that?
Could be fake badges

Last edited:
Back