What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 722 comments
Completed another couple of the Modern Tour / Builders Cup series. Used the Lotus Evora as it's not in GT7, very nice once it had a few upgrades. Hopefully I can complete all of the series before my month of Gamepass expires.

Finally getting to grips with the handling now. The races are obviously way too short and the AI much too slow on the first lap.

Took a Focus through the D-A Open Class events.
6.jpg

And then did the S event with the Porsche 911 GT1.
7.jpg

Last edited:
All done as usual. Not sure why we had to do a 3 lap practice at Le Mans as it made for a long event. Fortunately I was under 4 minutes a lap. At least the CLK GTR race was Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
Still working my way through the Builders Cup, but thinking maybe I should get the open class tours finished first. Any suggestions for class A? I'm probably looking more towards handling than power.

Finished Ford vs. Ferrari in the GT40. It would have been nice to actually have a Ferrari to compete with but they were never seen outside of practice. Won the Mercedes reward race but it was a lot of bashing from the Porsche's so I responded with some bashing of my own.

I did the tour in the Ferrari. I bought a GT40 Mk II to do it again and it seems to be faster but less stable and more difficult to control with the tune I downloaded which uses sport tyres.

[EDIT] I downloaded a better tune with race tyres and the GT40 comfortably dominated the competition.

Last edited:
Finished the Holy Trinity series in the Laugharrari while steadfastly refusing to put any aero adornments on it (did upgrade the tyres though). Then bought the Ferrari 330 P4 in preparation for the next series, and spent 20 minutes or so hotlapping it in the Le Mans Rivals event, eventually getting down around a 3:50 flat. Just got to tidy up some of the heavy braking zones and I should be able to get well into the 3:40's - granted not hugely fast compared to the really quick times on the leaderboard but enough for me.

Last edited:
Nothing new other than a couple of cars to buy. Decided I needed another Ford to Lv 50 so did 3 laps of the Nordschliefe in the Capri Racer which got it to Lv 29 (up 6 levels). A few more days and I should get it to Lv 50.

Finished the Open Class tour and won a Reventon.

Picking cars for each class wasn't easy. For R class I used a Ligier #11 Eurointernational JS P3. It wasn't fast but has insane handling. Things got hairy on Daytona as the Gordon Murray T.50s kept shooting past me on the oval section but I eventually made up so much time in the infield that I managed to scrape a win.

Finally finished the Nemesis series, and I've gotta say, having really enjoyed the previous FOMO cars, I'm not a huge fan of that Mercedes. It just feels like it's lacking a ton of front downforce or something - I felt it made catching the Porches* at Laguna Seca a bit of a task. Ferrari 330P4 in the Vintage series was a barrel of fun to drive though, even if it's a bit wayward in heavy braking zones.

Looking forward to getting the Pennzoil Nissan though.

Had a crack at the Open Class FOMO series in Class D with a '73 Porche™ Carrera, and hoo boy that was a mistake. The combination of bulk understeer and what's easily the worst track in the game (Eaglerock Speedway) to start the series just made it feel like punishment.

Last edited:
Waited patiently for the Open Class series to open up, good timing as it was lunch time so grabbed something to eat then smashed out the D class series, will try to get as much as I can done of Open class tonight, excited to get my hands on the R33.

Completed D & C Open series. D was in the Nissan 300ZX Fairlady and now it's close to 50. For C class I've got 3 cars already at 50 and nothing else over 10 so I decided to try something new and I bought the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR. I thought it was a good buy once I saw those small club courses for the series. I lost the VIR one but I can't ever remember winning on that course anyway.

Nearly completed the Open Class tour. Looks like Exomotive Exocet 2018 is the way to go in B and A classes. It made the level 8 AI look like they were cornering in slow motion by comparison. @RPM Bibblefish has a great pair of tunes for the kart.

Finished the Open Class. Used the Ford GT for S and the McLaren Sabre for R. Had not used the McLaren in a long time and forgot how good it is. Next time I play I'm going to try it at Road Atlanta. The reward Nissan is nice.

I'm doing the Open series, and I will now move to S. Since my Skyline R34 came a close second in the A races, I have promoted it to S with appropriate parts, and it seems it has room to get into the R races. Maybe that's how the game is supposed to be played.

Last edited:
Doing the open series, and seeing how far I can go once again with the same car. This time, it's a '96 MR2 GTS, and I've gone through from D to A with it, and now attempting S class. It's properly fast and pretty well balanced, though because I suck at tuning it's somewhat easily upset by harsh kerbs and tries to murder me occasionally. Most of the time though it's impressively neutral.

Might have to engine swap it to get it to the top of S class ratings though.

Finished the Road Corvette series in the Road to Race tour after doing the Open Series reward showcase in the R33 GT500. Will look to do the C7.R series possibly tomorrow.

Last edited:
Took the Mighty MR2 GTS through the final R-Class series in Open, for the lols. Had to engine swap it finally (after topping S-Class with the 3S-GTE), meaning it wound up with the quad-rotor Mazda engine and all the boost, and I made it 4wd to maximise the performance points. The end result was a wobbly 400km/h missile of a thing that would pull massively on the GMA T50 and F40LM that seemed to be permanent fixtures at the front of the pack, but it was pretty horrible to drive and couldn't outbrake a schoolbus. Still, mildly amusing to be absolutely trouncing a full grid of racing/racing-adjacent cars in a straight line with it.

And the Pennzoil Nissan was more than worth it - the contrast between the two couldn't have been more stark.

Ran some AI tests at Road Atlanta and found out I still have no idea how to get a good race. One race on 6 difficulty the other one on 5. Both 15 laps using the Porsche 911 road car from the last challenge. Limited the AI strength to match my number. Race one on 6, started 14th, finished 2nd 27 seconds behind a car 23 PI points lower than mine. Race two on 5 started 16th and won by 22 seconds over a car 4 PI points below mine.

I completed the 2 Porsche featured events today and finally unlocked the Aston Martin Vantage GTE.
Screenshot 2024-09-07 231223.png
Screenshot 2024-09-07 231438.png

Also as said in the discussion thread, I decided to start trying to max out some of my cars for the manufacture discounts. Even though cars are fairly cheap in this game. I just wanted to make my car collecting a bit more efficient. I already leveled up 3 Ferraris, 2 Fords, 1 Chevrolet, and now I'm at 3 Porsches.

Earlier in the week, I maxed out my 968 Turbo S and 2 days ago maxed out my 918 Spyder. Today, I maxed out my 991.2 GT3 RS that I used for one for one of the featured events. I already had it at level 22 at the end, so I thought why not. I spent a lot of time on the Nurburgring to do this.
Screenshot 2024-09-07 232246.png

So yeah, at 15% and just need 2 more cars for the full 25% discount. With the level up grinding I've been doing, I managed for the first time go past 1 million credits. I'm sure others have more money than that, but I haven't played this game in months; hence why I'm behind.
Screenshot 2024-09-07 232403.png

The next car I'm maxing out is going to be the 911 GT3 R as it wasn't too far behind the 991.2 GT3.
Screenshot 2024-09-07 232639.png

Back