Differences between F1 2010 & 2011F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter hedges
  • 67 comments
Shaggy Alonso
I've come to realise this, and I have to be honest saying this, but the framerate is poor. It hurts the sense of speed. I'm still really enjoying the game of course, but it's clear to me that the ps3 version is the ugly brother of the three.

Thanks a lot mate. It's a shame for sure.

Hope they can patch it for the PS3, maybe remove some objects or lower the textures. Could even be possible to patch it to run at 600p instead of 720p which presume it is at the moment.

It definitely doesn't look great, and certainly not in comparison to the epic HD screen shots that the PC users are posting. But even still, it really hasn't bothered me that much.

Better colour, but more 'bleed'/pixelation on this line graphics (e.g. fencing, concrete edges).

Nevetheless, I am happy to play it.

Better colour, but more 'bleed'/pixelation on this line graphics (e.g. fencing, concrete edges).

Nevertheless, I am happy to play it :dopey:

CRAP! Sorry for the double post, computer froze, so was submitted twice :dunce:

On the PC version it's on career mode, then you press start, go to driver help or assistance (not really sure what's it's called in english, first menu when you pressed start). Then at the bottom of the list there's trajectory type, where you can choose 2D or 3D.

I see, I was looking for it before the race...meh, illogical to me. Anyway, cheers. :>

Nevertheless, I am happy to play it :dopey:

CRAP! Sorry for the double post, computer froze, so was submitted twice :dunce:

There is a big, big amount of this. It seems to be at its worst in 'cloudy' weather where there's this weird light refraction off the tyres so that you can't even make out the texture of them to see how worn they are. Basically there's this weird effect on anything black, even your team engineers' black combat trousers are all murky.

Honestly, between that and the choppy framerate, CM should be ashamed of themselves for such a botched job of the PS3 version. I'm becoming pretty disillusioned with the game already - and shall post my thoughts in greater detail at some stage soon.

I feel your pain shag.

Sure last years patch not only fixed the puncture bug but improved stability and reflections.

Oh and buggered the force feedback too.

All is not lost yet.

Another thing that has changed are the braking distances which are around 30-40% shorter in my estimation.

I'd definitely agree on this had a race at Montreal Tuesday night in 2010, went to Montreal for my first race in 2011, had to speed up to get to the first corner, lol. And the second and the ...

There is a big, big amount of this. It seems to be at its worst in 'cloudy' weather where there's this weird light refraction off the tyres so that you can't even make out the texture of them to see how worn they are. Basically there's this weird effect on anything black, even your team engineers' black combat trousers are all murky.

Honestly, between that and the choppy framerate, CM should be ashamed of themselves for such a botched job of the PS3 version. I'm becoming pretty disillusioned with the game already - and shall post my thoughts in greater detail at some stage soon.

Couldnt agree with you more Shaggy. I expected the graphics to be on par with F1 2010 or at the very least improved but its a massive step backwards. The game is clearly incomplete, One look at spectator mode online says it all really.

Dissapointed after such high expectations but im hopeful a patch can sort the frame rate and graphical glitches

The PC version graphics are fantastic.

Braking distances : They were actually too long in F1 2010, but the cars more than made up for it in other areas, in F1 2011 the braking distances are more realistic but the cars performance are far too good to be realistic. If you had expert settings on (Career mode) then the cars would be putting out realistic laptimes with good driving in F1 2010, but in F1 2011 the laptimes are a lot faster than in real life, even in career mode.

Infact even with me destroying the real world records, i'm a few seconds off the fastest AI set lap in each race i've competed. The AI seem to go even faster in the race than in qualifying sometimes, which to me is amazing considering in qualifying you can use DRS wherever you like.

I noticed my pit crew is still the slowest in the pit lane, the AI are afraid of overtaking you, the cars are now nearly indestructable, cold hard tyres are like driving on ice.. surviving the first lap after a pitstop is the hardest thing in the game.

Legendary/Expert mode is generally very hard, harder than F1 2010. You really need to drive well to qualify, and if you don't make some passes on lap 1 of the race you will not get the chance again, in a slow car your race success depends on your first lap, once the other cars get clean air they will drive away no matter how skilled you are.

Lapping faster in the race is not all that unrealistic. Depending on weather and track condition it is very possible to lap faster.

Hasn't it happened this year at a few races? I can't remember.

I'm finding the AI between the difficulty settings to be very uneven. I did a race at Melbourne on medium difficulty, driving a Virgin, and qualified 6th. I then did another race with the same car on the same circuit, but with the difficulty set to hard, and could only manage 24th. In the race, I finished 23rd after running as hish as 16th, largely because of unfamiliarity with wet conditions, and slightly because I'd get a dip in frame rate approaching some of the sharper corners, so I had to brake earlier than I normally would.

Lapping faster in the race is not all that unrealistic. Depending on weather and track condition it is very possible to lap faster.

If the qualifying and race are both dry, then it is impossible.

Qualifying : Fresh tyres, almost no fuel weight and the ability to use DRS around the whole lap.

In the race due to pit strategy you would never be in a position where you have low fuel and fresh tyres at the same time, then take into consideration you can only use DRS in select zones and only if you're as close as 1second to the car infront. If you're that close to the car infront you're in dirty air so you're losing downforce through the corners.

The result is in these conditions the qualifying will be many seconds faster than the race fastest lap, as it has been this year. If you have wet qualifying and a dry race then sure you can go faster in the race, but i'm not talking about that.

Example is Hungarian GP this year

Qualifying 1:19.815
Race Fastest Lap 1:23.415

but not when you are on a full load and track condition remains roughly the same, the time is off in that regard, Given that a full load costs 4 to 5 second a lap and track surface improvement won't account for that much.

Anyone comment on difficulty from previous game? I played pro on f1 2010 with a mclaren and was very compettive, set pole times, only within .5s max! but pro difficulty in this game, i got pole position with a williams....in monaco!! And got 3rd place in catalunya with a williams!!! In 2010 i could only manage a 3rd with a mclaren in medium!! Difficulty.

The question i am trying to ask, how is the difficulty compariso. For everyone?

Slipstream is more prominent in this game than before. Between that and DRS and Kers, there are some really huge closing speeds, sometimes you need to time an overtake so that you're not on their back before a kink in a straight like at Istanbul Park or kemmel at Spa.

Does anyone else agree with this statement? In 2010, you couldn't slipstream/draft the opponent cars. It really pissed me off. If they've fixed this it will definitely push me to buy the game for the 360.

If the qualifying and race are both dry, then it is impossible.

Qualifying : Fresh tyres, almost no fuel weight and the ability to use DRS around the whole lap.

In the race due to pit strategy you would never be in a position where you have low fuel and fresh tyres at the same time, then take into consideration you can only use DRS in select zones and only if you're as close as 1second to the car infront. If you're that close to the car infront you're in dirty air so you're losing downforce through the corners.

The result is in these conditions the qualifying will be many seconds faster than the race fastest lap, as it has been this year. If you have wet qualifying and a dry race then sure you can go faster in the race, but i'm not talking about that.

Example is Hungarian GP this year

Qualifying 1:19.815
Race Fastest Lap 1:23.415

but not when you are on a full load and track condition remains roughly the same, the time is off in that regard, Given that a full load costs 4 to 5 second a lap and track surface improvement won't account for that much.

Forgot about DRS use whenever you want during qualifying.:dunce:

The tires right after a pit stop are a nightmare. I can't wait till heat gets into them. Really hairy for the outlap. Like it though. Didn't feel alot of difference in the tires in 2010 like 2011. Tires really wear down, especially if they're being pushed. Like this also. Very autherntic to the experience.👍

Oh, and the hovering cars is not completely fixed. Just did race at Malaysia and the straight after the right double apex shows cars hovering till the hairpin. This is on ps3.👎 Oh well.

Last edited:
Ruined my race a few times just after leaving the pits, car slides around like its on grease, even the hint of turning too tight will cause a spin.. its infuriating! Hardest part of the game, outlap on fresh prime tyres.

I'm using the PS3 version and actually have no qualms with the terrible frame rate, it doesn't bother me as much as the change made to the multiplayer.

Reversible XP. Essentially if you don't complete your objective you get DEDUCTED XP. I find that absolute tosh because if I slip up, fair enough my fault. But if someone rams you from behind (and nobody knows how to drive right now) it becomes so bloody frustrating its ridiculous.

Anyone else think its stupid?

I'm using the PS3 version and actually have no qualms with the terrible frame rate, it doesn't bother me as much as the change made to the multiplayer.

Reversible XP. Essentially if you don't complete your objective you get DEDUCTED XP. I find that absolute tosh because if I slip up, fair enough my fault. But if someone rams you from behind (and nobody knows how to drive right now) it becomes so bloody frustrating its ridiculous.

Anyone else think its stupid?

Especially when it is the A.I. cars that caused you to be deducted XP; may mean Leaderboards are that mkuch tougher to stay on top (online multiplayer) :)

Shaggy Alonso
Huh, I was able to change my set ups no problem?!

Oh no.

I checked quick set up and found no option. I assumed it was fixed.

Sorry for misunderstanding. Bah.

superb16
Does anyone else agree with this statement? In 2010, you couldn't slipstream/draft the opponent cars. It really pissed me off. If they've fixed this it will definitely push me to buy the game for the 360.

The problem in 2010 (and it is a daft one) was that you would benefit from draft, by quite a realistic, not overdone amount, but the car you were slipstreaming would also get a boost! This time round the slipstream effect is much bigger, and unnecessarily so I think. Not quite GT5 ridiculous proportions, but probably a little too much. Better than none at all though.

I think the tracks rubbering is brilliant, and you really feel it to, the visual marbles on track and on tyres later in the races is a good touch as well, dont wanna be going off line! Big imrpvoement over 2010 in every aspect.

Back