Differences between F1 2010 & 2011F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter hedges
  • 67 comments
When 2 cars run down a straight the car infront will go faster too, in real life.

Firstly, I've heard that before but never understood how it works. Something about the air pressure being altered for the leading car?

In any case, the speed gain for both cars shouldn't be literally equal as it was in F1 2010, that's totally unrealistic.

Firstly, I've heard that before but never understood how it works. Something about the air pressure being altered for the leading car?

In any case, the speed gain for both cars shouldn't be literally equal as it was in F1 2010, that's totally unrealistic.

In Formula 1 due to the design of the cars, the rear car will always gain far more of an advantage initially, and straights are short in F1, the driver behind will use the speed advantage to pass.

If the cars were to run close together the air resistance would be spread between the two cars allowing them to both run faster. In Nascar you often see 3 cars team up and run together, splitting the air resistance between 3 allows them to gain a massive top speed advantage, not to mention saving fuel.

I'm no expert in aerodynamics so i don't quite understand exactly how it works, or how it applies to a formula 1 car.

Im really disappointed with the PS3 graphics & framerate - they are shocking,worse than 2010 in fact. I just compared Shanghai on both games - 2010 was much smoother,and things like the slick tyres looked much better - on 2011 they all jagged & pixelated,almost cartoony like. It really is a shocking PS3 port by Codemasters... I know a lot of people are complaining about the PS3 version on the CM forum.

In both game the cockpit view is useless.. the sense of speed is noticeable in TV/pod cam. But if you played GT5 with the Ferraris F1 cars, I dont know but there the cockpit view was fantastic and realistic. There I could see the apex well, even in Tokio street race or in Suzuka.

yeah its an acceptable explanation indeed thanks 💡

Put it this way, they actually thought the realstic view was too low on visibility, so they raised it, so you could see better. So its worse in real life. Personally I have absolutely no issues spotting the apex's in my Williams.

I think people confuse the issue of apexes with the change of depth perception you get in cockpit view. Like Bigbazz said, real F1 drivers have even less of a view than what you get in this game, so seeing the apex is certainly more than possible in the improved circumstances we get with F1 2011. But the field of depth and spatial awareness are quite different in cockpit view in comparison to all of the other camera angles.

Back