Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Yes, Driveclub is the market leader in just rain (imo), but graphics wise in other situations and car models, I think GT Sport already surpasses substantially, with 60fps too. With 30fps, PD could potentially destroy Driveclub visuals in the rain.

But seriously, Driveclub looks just ok in dry weather, especially in third person view and replay. In cockpit, it does feel and look much better though.

So technically, PD is already graphics king in my eyes, if the playing field is equal.

How can GT Sport be the market leader if it's not on the market?

Add to that, what we are seeing now is on a system that's more than twice as powerful in the graphics department vs. the standard PS4 used by DC.

I personally don't "really" care about sound, the first thing which will make me buy this game is the detail. Every GT series always bring us to the highest level of photography (I always spent more hours in photomode). Yes, Because I'm a GT fan :cheers:

I agree ;) but I also wish the audio to be awesome, I am sure it will be a huge improvement.

With the recent latest HDR update on standard PS4, these should look amazing with or without a Pro, but I think I will get a PS4 Pro, I am slowly getting more tempted by the extra power it has the more I see with the VR game reviews, once I pick up a decent 4k HDR tv as well I think it will have to be done.

I agree ;) but I also wish the audio to be awesome, I am sure it will be a huge improvement.

With the recent latest HDR update on standard PS4, these should look amazing with or without a Pro, but I think I will get a PS4 Pro, I am slowly getting more tempted by the extra power it has the more I see with the VR game reviews, once I pick up a decent 4k HDR tv as well I think it will have to be done.

Hmm, I see. I think I'll get a PS4 Pro too. Because I'm very interested with all of the GTS features, I'll spend some money for it. No doubt :P:cheers:

I'm still wondering if PS4 regular is capable of 60fps rock solid with GT Sport.

Kaz actually addressed this in the PSX interview I think.

Can't remember exactly at what point...

Said something along the lines of 'we hit those targets on the PS4, then moving all those targets to Pro with the extra resolution was easier than we thought'.

(There is a high chance I'm paraphrasing inaccurately)

I think it's one of the best we've heard. It's loud and aggressive unlike most of the others, and accurate on top of that. If you dislike that sound then you dislike VR6 engines:

Of course, the VGT's missing those pops and gurgles but it's still very accurate to its engine type.

It's just my opinion but there is something wrong with the VW VGT sound. I can't stand it.

Kaz actually addressed this in the PSX interview I think.

Can't remember exactly at what point...

Said something along the lines of 'we hit those targets on the PS4, then moving all those targets to Pro with the extra resolution was easier than we thought'.

(There is a high chance I'm paraphrasing inaccurately)
Let's hope so but I've learned to take everything Kaz says with a pinch of salt. I think a good old digital foundry test will be safer than Kaz words.

I'd say that VW VGT seems awfully real to me ;)

Haha, that's just trying to be technical. Surely you know what I mean. Okay, Forget the whole "market" thing. Had call of duty released first for example, that's like seeing a gameplay trailer for Battlefield 1, but saying it's not better looking than Call of Duty infinite warfare (yet) because it's not released yet. Why not compare the gameplay trailers to both games then if you want to be so technical.

Seriously, back then before PS4 pro was even public, we already saw how good GT Sport was, AND Kaz mentioned that the visual fidelity at the time wasn't near 100% to what they're trying to achieve. Yes, these new footages may be running on ps4 pro, but as we know, it's not like the car modeling and lighting will be drastically different between the two different models. They both will be running in HDR and 60fps, but one will run in a much higher resolution. Just look at comparisons of other games with pro support. It's barely noticeable unless you're viewing on a 4k screen and that's just details from the extra resolution.

Lastly, why keep comparing to Driveclub anyway when clearly their target of 30fps, fewer cars on track, arcade handling, lower poly count on car models, no hdr, etc are all over performed by PD? My point was simply running by the numbers to determine the capabilities between the two developers. Plus, PD has a track record of doing crazy things.

So if GT Sport was as is and already released....

between Driveclub and GT Sport? GT Sport.

I will say that I did not expect PD to be able to make GT Sport better looking than Driveclub in this fashion. In a way, I was right since they have to sacrifice dynamic time and weather for more fps. There's just absolutely no way that I think they can pull off better looking rain with the priorities they are setting, but I can't deny the better looking game overall when dynamic rain is not a factor.

I was at Willow springs Motorsports park this past October. And I have to say that the one in Sport is far from being accurate to the real one. Many features in the background are missing. Plus there IS NO CROSSWALK on Big Willow. Why did GT put this there?
Also the track side graphics are poor at best. The graphic details of the vehicles and people have not changed since GT4, which came out over 10 years ago!
Yes, the atmospheric perspective is a nice add on. Yet, does no good for those wanting an accurate experience when driving real life tracks on GT.
When will GT get there head out of the clouds and quit wasting funds on fantasy/LM/concept cars and focus on being the real driving simulator they claim to be?
I've played GT since the demo for GT1 in the 90's. Now I think I'm seeing the death of GT. Everything they do to Sport is another nail in the coffin.

Everything they do to Sport is another nail in the coffin.

I don't know. I think GT Sport will sell millions of units. Especially considering it is going to be the only Gran Turismo available on the PS4. Remember, the average Gran Turismo player isn't as involved as you or I are with this genre. They don't visit GTPlanet and sweat over every bit of news like we do. They buy the game and play it. I could be wrong, but I predict several million units moved.

I was at Willow springs Motorsports park this past October. And I have to say that the one in Sport is far from being accurate to the real one. Many features in the background are missing. Plus there IS NO CROSSWALK on Big Willow. Why did GT put this there?
Also the track side graphics are poor at best. The graphic details of the vehicles and people have not changed since GT4, which came out over 10 years ago!
Yes, the atmospheric perspective is a nice add on. Yet, does no good for those wanting an accurate experience when driving real life tracks on GT.
When will GT get there head out of the clouds and quit wasting funds on fantasy/LM/concept cars and focus on being the real driving simulator they claim to be?
I've played GT since the demo for GT1 in the 90's. Now I think I'm seeing the death of GT. Everything they do to Sport is another nail in the coffin.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/gran-turismo-6-gets-scary-real-with-fr-s-at-willow-springs-raceway/

Willow Springs in GT6 seems very accurate to me regarding trackside stuff that you see during driving.

Edit: And the quality of trackside cars and people is indeed much better in GTS now... cars for example look way better now than the coloured boxes in GT6
Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_066.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_101.jpg

And the people look good too

Last edited:
Just saw this GTS nurb vid on my youtube suggestions and found it a decent battle overall.. apologies if it has already been posted :D

Waiting for this games release date is so old now.. bought a G29 and PS4 for this game and one of the clamps has gone in the G29 so I replaced it with a G clamp and the PS4 coughs and splutters like it's on 60 cigs a day, I hope they last the duration before i need to replace them both and the game still hasn't been out haha :P
Hurry up with this damn game PD! :irked:

PD = prolonged delay
furious.gif

It saddens me that there's literally no surprise to how it's shaping up.

Nicer graphics, same ****** sound direction, same lack of speed and lifelessness in the surroundings.

Latest Posts

Back