DiRT Rally Thread

First up, he was talking Xbox One.
Second up, the Thrustmaster post states "sequential mode" for mapping handbrake in DR PS4, whereas the handbrake mode manual on the link I posted clearly states "not compatible with sequential plate". You have to run analog handbrake with either the H plate or no plate.

So hence my post explaining that Thrustmaster has analog handbrake capability already, but you're not going to get it on consoles right now.
Easy tiger, just trying to be helpful lol

Last edited:
Quick question, I've ordered the TH8A, I've already got elite 800 headset and T500 plugged into my 2 PS4 USB ports,
Can I use any usb hub to increase my ports or does it have to be a powered one ? Any recommendations?
Thanks

If you have a manual shifter, the rubber-band trick is perfect. I run three strong rubber bands on my TH8A shifter (I keep the H-pattern, don't like the sequential mode - and I use the manual sometimes) and use 4th gear as my e-brake. It works a treat.

When running a manual transmission I use a paddle for the e-brake.

What a great idea, Thanks I'll try it tonight

The TH8A actually supports analog handbrake mode, but sadly it's PC only:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=378&cid=15

Thanks, hopefully we will get something that can work on the Xbox someday soon.

So I've realised that a button mapped to handbrake just isn't going to cut it. Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 and Clubsport Handbrake ordered!

I guess this would be a option for me using a adapter from basherboards, Right? Would the handbrake still work with his adapter hooked up to the TX?

I guess this would be a option for me using a adapter from basherboards, Right? Would the handbrake still work with his adapter hooked up to the TX?
No idea, I know the Clubsport Handbrake can be connected to PC via the Clubsport pedals version 2 or 3, or directly to the PC but when using a Fanatec wheel with console the handbrake only works connected to the pedals. No idea how it would work with other wheels sorry.

No idea, I know the Clubsport Handbrake can be connected to PC via the Clubsport pedals version 2 or 3, or directly to the PC but when using a Fanatec wheel with console the handbrake only works connected to the pedals. No idea how it would work with other wheels sorry.

something for me to look into I guess, Thanks.

Quick question, I've ordered the TH8A, I've already got elite 800 headset and T500 plugged into my 2 PS4 USB ports,
Can I use any usb hub to increase my ports or does it have to be a powered one ? Any recommendations?
Thanks

For project cars I have done the following and it worked fine.

T300 plugged directly into the ps4. Then a cheap USB hub I had laying around (not a powered one).. connected headset dongle, keyboard, and shifter.

Most of the time I hooked the shifter up directly to the wheel but it worked fine through the USB hub as well.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anybody miss the atmosphere of DiRT2? I mean I really like this game, and I know they've gone for a more realistic approach with this game, but just the music and feeling of DiRT2 will be missed

Absolutely not. I'd say the exact opposite actually. But, everyone is different.

So I'm just curious. For anyone who preordered on ps4/xb1, who actually got the colin mcrae documentary with it? Cuz it was reported several times that the day 1 edition would come w/ the bluray, but I did not receive it w/ my copy, nor did anyone else I know receive it. Was there just an extremely limited quantity of it? Just a european only thing? I saw a couple people mention they didnt get it either several pages back, but no one really knows why.

Okay should have this tomorrow PS4, house 3 doors down might hear and feel the tactile coming from my subs/cockpit/room.

VROOM VROOM VROOOOOMMMMMM :)

T500 settings anyone?

Is it just me or does anybody miss the atmosphere of DiRT2? I mean I really like this game, and I know they've gone for a more realistic approach with this game, but just the music and feeling of DiRT2 will be missed
I loved Dirt 2. It was my favorite dirt title. I wish they made two types of dirt games fun sim/cade like Dirt 2 and sim for the sim guy's dirt rally. Dirt Rally is a great game but i for one don't got time or patients for sim's. I got Dirt Rally and I stink at it but glad for you guys waiting a good Rally game.

So I'm just curious. For anyone who preordered on ps4/xb1, who actually got the colin mcrae documentary with it? Cuz it was reported several times that the day 1 edition would come w/ the bluray, but I did not receive it w/ my copy, nor did anyone else I know receive it. Was there just an extremely limited quantity of it? Just a european only thing? I saw a couple people mention they didnt get it either several pages back, but no one really knows why.

I got mine, PS4 version in the UK ordered from Amazon.

Blew 200K today on the wager by rage quitting. Lousy C4. :lol:

I also went ahead against the AI on Master difficulty on Pant Mawr Reverse with the Focus '01, just for laughs, really. First run, I ended up 13 seconds behind the leader (7th place). A ''few'' retries and clean runs later, I managed to shave off 6 seconds off my previous time - 3rd place. Master Championships should be interesting.

Does this support an external keyboard on PS4? I've got a home made handbrake wired up to an old keyboard, which I use in Pcars for drifting, and it'd be nice to be able to use in DR.

Just picked it up, anyone got any T300 wheel settings?

I don't have my copy yet but I have seen this recommended. - Basically there is an issue on the PS4 version for the Thrustmaster wheels causing the FFB to be weak so most things are set to max.

Set the T300 wheel to 540 degrees (modebutton+right on dpad until 3 flashes) - seems to add a little more FFB. (I think with this setting they are turning soft lock off, but I am not sure)

VIBRATION & FEEDBACK = On

SELF ALIGNING TORQUE = 125%

WHEEL FRICTION = 15% (some run this lower but should be a good starting point)

TYRE FRICTION = 150%

SUSPENSION = 150%

TYRE SLIP = 150%

ENGINE = 150%

COLLISION = 150%

SOFT LOCK = 150% (not sure if this is being disabled - I plan to try soft lock on and off)

STEERING CENTER FORCE = 100%

Last edited:
I don't have my copy yet but I have seen this recommended. - Basically there is an issue on the PS4 version for the Thrustmaster wheels causing the FFB to be weak so most things are set to max.

Set the T300 wheel to 540 degrees (modebutton+right on dpad until 3 flashes) - seems to add a little more FFB. (I think with this setting they are turning soft lock off, but I am not sure)

VIBRATION & FEEDBACK = On

SELF ALIGNING TORQUE = 125%

WHEEL FRICTION = 15%

TYRE FRICTION = 150%

SUSPENSION = 150%

TYRE SLIP = 150%

ENGINE = 150%

COLLISION = 150%

SOFT LOCK = 150% (not sure if this is being disabled - I plan to try soft lock on and off)

STEERING CENTER FORCE = 100%

Thanks alot mate

Edit: first impressions are it is fantastic

Last edited:
I picked up the game yesterday and it's great to finally play a new Dirt title. I was quite excited when this game was announced for consoles and after playing it I was totally sold. Project Cars did not give me that feeling at all which was really disappointing for a game I was so desperate to play. To be honest, I'm still disappointed with Project Cars. This game however was an absolute blast right from the get-go and was the most realistic rally experience I ever had. I will be playing this game for a long time and completely forget about the shenanigans over GT Sport.

Last edited:
After playing the game for a couple of hours, I have to say, DiRT Rally is stunning.

Pros:
  • Excellent graphics: there were numerous times that I thought I was watching a video of a rally, not just a game.
  • Amazing damage system, one time after I did a roll-over, the roof actually had dents and the windshield/windscreen had cracked glass!
  • Perfect handling system, I actually have to fight the car into each corner and adapt to each vehicles individual characteristics
  • 60fps, makes the game feel even more lifelike
  • No flashbacks!!!! I will admit that I was guilty of using them in Dirt 2 and a few early Codies F1 games but have abandoned them for the past few years. It makes you deal with your mistakes, not just retrying the previous corner again.
  • Difficulty locking in career, in pretty much every other racing game, you can choose the difficulty, aka still do easy mode in Formula A in Project Cars. Here, I have to learn to improve in order to go up the latter, not just keep the difficulty at easy/open.
  • A challenging career mode, for me, even the easy level is a challenge :lol:, many other games seem to be way to easy even on higher difficulty. I'm going to have to improve alot :sly:.
  • Great locations: :bowdown:Pikes Peak :bowdown: and many others, absolutely beautiful and challenging courses as well.
  • Excellent car list: Athough I've only driven in the 60s rally cars and modern rallycross cars, I'm looking forward to trying out the others!
  • Competitive AI, you actually have to battle with them in this game to get a chance at the podium.
  • Lots of other things that haven't come to mind!
Cons:
  • Select penalties: It gets frustrating at times when you barely run wide at some portions of a stage and you get slapped with a 15 second penalty. Some of the crowds (at Pikes Peak especially) seem to be purposely placed to act as a penalty trigger. 15 seconds seems a bit excessive imo.
  • *One driver seems to always dominate a stage, aka the lead seems to stay the same
  • That's all for cons! :D
*From what I've read at the Codies forums, this could be wrong.

In summary, this is a solid game, great work Codemasters!

Yup, I got mine through Argos, Blu-Ray documentary included. When the game arrived at where I work, the two version included the BR. No idea though if it was a UK only deal - unlikely I'd have thought.

I just picked it up last night and thought the same thing. I tried the settings Thrustmaster recommended and thought they were a bit strong. What settings are you using?

I can't use the B button either, I might try mapping the e-brake to my sequential shifter and just go auto. I hate to do it but I really see the need for a proper e-brake. Anybody know if Thrustmaster is going to come out with a e-brake add-on?

I'm pretty much turning down the self aligning torque to about 50-60.
I found the Finland stages in a BMW E30 to be gaming nirvana so far... unbelievable experience, the things i was doing with that poor wheel, well if anyone wants to tell me driving game skills aren't transferable to real life your talking crud... I'll try today to catch some footage on my GoPro, its nuts!!

All of this and I keep forgetting we have Assetto Corsa on the way... but then again I think Kunos have forgotten about that also...:boggled:

There's no way to set back advanced control settings to default settings. I've changed a lot of things but now i want to reset to default, how can I do?

There's no way to set back advanced control settings to default settings. I've changed a lot of things but now i want to reset to default, how can I do?

On xbox at the bottom of setting screen it says press B or something to return to defaults.

Back