Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,493 comments
There have sadly been some talent releases at WWE so far today. Mustapha Ali, Rick Boogs, Emma and Aliyah have been released with likely some more to come.

It has been a day full of WWE news too, Smackdown will move from FOX back to USA network from next year with Raw and NXT moving from USA, and next years Elimination Chamber show will take place in Perth, Australia.
I wonder if that will axe the 3rd Brand Split already as the reason why it happen is because the networks both wanted Champions on their show.

I'm a little disappointed that Elimination Chamber didn't get scrapped along with the other gimmick PPVs. Elimination Chamber as a match has been a shell of itself and became nothing more than dressing for what we know will happen instead of a final solution, however the PLE in Australia again does get me interested

Full list of releases from today.

Emma
Elias
Top Dolla
Dolph Ziggler
Riddick Moss
Aliyah
Rick Boogs
Shelton Benjamin
Mace
Mansoor
Dana Brooke
Shanky
Dabba Kato
Quincy Miller
Bryson Montana

Been a bit of a rough day with those releases, I think it has been coming though. Out of those who are gone I think Ziggler is the biggest shock, guy had a nearly two-decade career in which he was world heavyweight champ and one of the best MITB cash in's, Benjamin obviously had a pretty legendary career too, Elias had a number one album on iTunes which was pretty cool!

In less depressing news, Randy Orton was seen at the PC the other day. His return might be coming close.

Matt Riddle has announced that he has been released, not really surprised considering his recent escapade at the New York airport, he hadn't been seen on TV since that incident, quite sad to see him go as he is clearly very talented but he is a also somewhat complex person.

Its been reported that there will be more releases over the weekend, NXT's Ikemen Jiro is another who is gone from WWE.

Last edited:
Raw looks set to be pretty good tonight.

Judgment Day v Owens & Zayn (Undisputed tag title match)
Dominik Mysterio v Dragon Lee (NXT NA title match)
Cody Rhodes will open the show
Otis v Bronson Reed

Sheamus has been missing from action lately because he has a shoulder injury, he hasn't been on Smackdown or at any live shows for a few weeks.

Its now been 175 day since Roman Reigns last title defence....

Something I meant to mention from Monday Night RAW last week is that if you question Kofi Kingston's toughness and talent, just look at his most recent match against Ivar. He endured a vicious powerbomb and an Asai moonsault from the top turnbuckle to still win. That performance was about as impressive as Kofi's "Kofimania" championship times.

I wish L.A. Knight well in his recovery.

Ignore the last bit of my previous post about Reigns last defence being 175 days ago, he defended at Summerslam against Jey Uso which was less about a month ago, I read the status wrong.

Ignore the last bit of my previous post about Reigns last defence being 175 days ago, he defended at Summerslam against Jey Uso which was less about a month ago, I read the status wrong.
Though thats still only 1 since Wrestlemania :lol:

Jade Cargill has officially signed with WWE on a multi-year deal, she is a former AEW women's champion and is very highly rated, she becomes the second wrestler to make the jump from AEW to WWE after Cody Rhodes.

Seth Rollins v Shinsuke Nakamura last man standing match for the WH title has been made for Fastlane which is a week from Saturday, John Cena v Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa handicap match has also been made but will likely become a tag match with AJ Styles.

There was a great brawl to close the Raw last night involving Judgment Day & McDonagh fighting Owens, Zayn, Jey, and Cody, it has WAR GAMES written all over it! More Drew McIntyre heel teasing when he had a match with Kofi Kingston and after he could have helped when Ivar came in and flattened Kofi but Drew just walked away, Judgment Day retained the tag titles in the main event with help from McDonagh, Dominik beat Dragon Lee clean to retain his title in a good match.

NXT No Mercy is this Saturday and I have to mention the women's title when Becky Lynch defends against Tiffany Stratton in an extreme rules match, the winner defends their title against Tegan Nox on next weeks Raw.

Last edited:
  • Darby Allin/Christian Cage is apparently set to headline AEW's WrestleDream PPV tomorrow
  • Edge is apparently removed from WWE's interal roster list and the SmackDown intro and contract is set to end with no hints of renewal
  • I am prepared to yell at Darla Starch of yesterday if this ends up being nothing besides a string of coincidences with Edge simply seeking a quiet-ish retirement off the radar
  • However...

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

Last edited:
NXT No Mercy was last night, two big title changes.

The first being Ilja Dragunov beating Carmelo Hayes for the NXT title, it was actually a pretty violent match from what I heard. Carmelo had held the title for a while and had some great matches so maybe time was right to make a change, Ilja has been knocking on the door for a while too so he will likely become a worthy champion.

The second title change is more surprising as Trick Williams beat Dominik for the North American title, Dom hadn't held the title for that long and Judgment Day 'all Gold' reign only lasted a few weeks, Trick was aligned with Carmelo until fairly recently until he went out on his own so he is pretty green, will be interesting to see the fallout from this on Raw.

Elsewhere Becky Lynch retained her women's title in the main event against Tiffany Stratton in an extreme rules match and Baron Corbin perhaps surprisingly beat Bron Breakker, heard the show was great and will watch it a bit later.

• Darby Allin/Christian Cage is apparently set to headline AEW's WrestleDream PPV tomorrow
  • Edge is apparently removed from WWE's interal roster list and the SmackDown intro and contract is set to end with no hints of renewal
  • I am prepared to yell at Darla Starch of yesterday if this ends up being nothing besides a string of coincidences with Edge simply seeking a quiet-ish retirement off the radar
  • However...

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

I'm happy for Edge, the ending at WWE didn't go the way he wanted to but he has gone to pastures new, he says its a full time contract too.

Wonder if Beth Phoenix is AEW bound next. Not sure what her status is, but she probably wants to be with her husband.

Wonder if Beth Phoenix is AEW bound next. Not sure what her status is, but she probably wants to be with her husband.
Tony used an entire ream of paper to print out contracts when he started AEW and you better believe he's going to use every last page of them, one way or another.

Becky Lynch v Tegan Nox title match on Raw has been cut for tonight, Becky suffered a laceration to her left arm during her match with Stratton on Saturday so isn't medically cleared, Nox will likely still have a match with someone else.

Jey Uso v Damien Priest was set for tonight too but also has apparently been cut, no idea why.

The most surprising news to me of late was not only Jade Cargill being a free agent from AEW, but also signing with the WWE. In case you never heard of Jade Cargill, she is a physical, powerful, successful wrestler. She went on some undefeated streak in AEW. If Jade Cargill can provide this level of beast in WWE from her AEW days, she may easily win her first Women's Championship in the WWE in short order.

For now, though, I'm watching Monday Night RAW.

Tony used an entire ream of paper to print out contracts when he started AEW and you better believe he's going to use every last page of them, one way or another.
Now if somehow Tony got access to a time machine and didn't give a damn about causing paradoxes, this could be a fun little thought exercise...

Quite a bit of WWE news following Raw and NXT.

I'll start with NXT, Dominik won the North American title back from Trick Williams last night, of course this time he had help from Judgment Day when he didn't on Saturday. Williams' reign is sadly the shortest ever NA title reign at just four days, next week will have Carmelo Hayes v Bronn Breakker with John Cena in Hayes corner and Paul Heyman in Breakker's corner, no idea why but still pretty cool though, also Becky Lynch will defend her women's title against Lyra Valkaryia after Lyra won a triple threat match last night, and Cody Rhodes will make an appearance to make a big announcement.

As for Raw, Cody and Jey Uso will face Balor and Priest for the tag titles at Fastlane this Saturday. The main event was Gunther defending his IC title against Tommaso Ciampa in a really good match, the rest of Imperium attacked Ciampa after but it was the returning Jonny Gargano who made the save, bringing DIY back together.

next week will have Carmelo Hayes v Bronn Breakker with John Cena in Hayes corner and Paul Heyman in Breakker's corner, no idea why but still pretty cool though,
AEW is running a special Dynamite next Tuesday. Probably a big part, but it is neat to see.

Yeah I noticed that, what's the reason for the schedule change there?
MLB playoffs I think. WWE desperately trying to get people not to watch Edge Adam's first AEW match, that's the reason for Cena & Heyman on the NXT show (and also Cody).

Last edited:
MLB playoffs I think. WWE desperately trying to get people not to watch Edge Adam's first AEW match, that's the reason for Cena & Heyman on the NXT show (and also Cody).
Though if it ends up setting the groundwork for Bron being Heyman's next client when he eventually gets called up, I wouldn't really complain any.

Though if it ends up setting the groundwork for Bron being Heyman's next client when he eventually gets called up, I wouldn't really complain any.
I don't know if shoving Bron into Heyman side is a good idea. He'd just feel like another Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns which wouldn't do much for his character and could end up being another Curtis Axel or Cesaro.

I wonder if they are going to turn Bron back to being face, I don't think his heel character is bad but he definitely feels lost right now and even his extreme heel actions haven't really gotten him anywhere

I don't know if shoving Bron into Heyman side is a good idea. He'd just feel like another Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns which wouldn't do much for his character and could end up being another Curtis Axel or Cesaro.

I wonder if they are going to turn Bron back to being face, I don't think his heel character is bad but he definitely feels lost right now and even his extreme heel actions haven't really gotten him anywhere
It'd have to be a careful build up, and I'm not saying they should keep Heyman as his mouthpiece for very long as Bron really doesn't need one. And honestly I'm not expecting something like that to happen until Heyman and Roman have fully cut ties anyway, so it wouldn't be anytime soon obviously.

But given that he fits the mold of what people expect of a Paul Heyman Guy, having Bron introduced as such intiially would, in my opinion at least, be a stronger debut than just having him show up with no fanfare at all. Where they went with it from there would have to be carefully considered, but done properly a Bron vs. Brock confrontation (with Heyman manipulating them both for his own ends) would be a possibility.

Er, rght, lapsed into Universe Mode for a moment there. Don't mind me...

Okay guys so Fastlane is tomorrow night and I'm going to post the card now, this is something I normally do on the day of the show but I'm a bit busy tomorrow so I'll do it now in case I run out of time tomorrow.

Here is the card for WWE Fastlane tomorrow night.

The LWO v Bobby Lashley & The Street Profits.

WWE Women's Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Iyo Sky (c) v Charlotte Flair v Asuka

John Cena & LA Knight v Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
Finn Balor & Damien Priest (c) v Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso

WWE World Heavyweight Championship-Last Man Standing Match.
Seth 'Freakin' Rollins (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Quite light on matches, plus three tag matches...but plenty of Star power!

Wouldn't be surprised if another match was added during or after Smackdown.

Last edited:
Back