Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,545 comments
"Phil played an important role within AEW"

Did he really, Tony? I'd wager that a lot of people would consider his presence more of a net negative, overall.

Jey Uso "returns" and will be on Raw.

I assume this to build towards an Uso vs Uso match for Survivor Series as the icon looks to be back to brand vs brand

I guess I can share the results from last night:

Match 1 - Becky Lynch Def Trish Stratus in a Steel Cage Match. Zoey Stark then turned on Stratus after her interference backfired.

John Cena announces that he's the Special Referee for LA Knight vs Miz.

Match 2 - LA Knight Def The Miz with John Cena as Referee. This was actually a clean Match, good on them.

Match 3 - Rey Mysterio retains the US Championship against Austin Theory.

Backstage confrontation between Becky Lynch and Tiffany Stratton.

Match 4 - Damien Priest and Finn Balor Def Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a Steel City Street Fight to become the new Undisputed Tag Team Champions. The numbers game was on Judgement Day's side as Dom, Rhea and JD interfered. This was probably the highlight of the show. KO had a Terry Funk shirt during the Match.

The Grayson Waller Effect w/ Cody Rhodes - Cody Rhodes announces Jey Uso is now signed to RAW. Jey comes out and Superkicks Waller.

Match 5 - Rhea Ripley retains the World Women's Championship against Raquel Rodriguez after Dom distracted Rodriguez.

John Cena backstage interview with Priest and Balor.

Match 6 - Seth "Freakin" Rollins retains the World Heavyweight Championship against Shinuske Nakamura. Nakamura attacked Rollins after the show went off air. It looked like he was knocked out for a bit, but came to pretty quick.

"Phil played an important role within AEW"

Did he really, Tony? I'd wager that a lot of people would consider his presence more of a net negative, overall.

Hopefully that important role was serving as a wake up call that Boss Tony needs to show up more an Friend Tony a little less.

Match 4 - Damien Priest and Finn Balor Def Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a Steel City Street Fight to become the new Undisputed Tag Team Champions. The numbers game was on Judgement Day's side as Dom, Rhea and JD interfered. This was probably the highlight of the show. KO had a Terry Funk shirt during the Match.
Yeah, match of the night by far. Even if it was done in the typical heel faction way of winning. Lots of fun spots. The powerbomb bump McDonagh took on the announce table in particular was freakin savage.

Also, this tweet from Grayson Waller after the event. This dude needs a big(ger) push.:lol:

Steel cage match and the street fight were both great matches, I was quite surprised that Balor and Priest won the tag titles. The match was fun and chaotic with some great spots including Owens with a Swanton onto Dom through a table from the crowd, the landing KO took was brutal as most of his body landed on the concrete...and this was after he was busted open! Really happy for Judgment Day holding a lot of gold, they have come quite a long way.

The Cage match was just a fantastic opener and finally the ladies got the pay off they deserved, so impressed with Trish doing what she does at nearly 50, the IC title match and the Women's title match were kind of meh but they did the job, going to be interesting to see what happens with Jey over on Raw, and to see if Cody goes the other way to Smackdown to maybe challenge Roman for the title at Mania 40 next year.

LA Knight v the Miz was pretty good and it was great to see Cena 'passing the torch' to Knight somewhat after the match, Rollins v Nakamura main event was great and told a good story with Rollins back and all, Rollins just snuck a win and Nakamura attacking Seth after means this is far from over.

Good show last night.

Orange Cassidy lost the AEW International Championship to Jon Moxley of the Blackpool Combat Club, at All Out, ending his reign which lasted since October of last year.

Gunther beat Chad Gable to retain his IC title in a fantastic main even on Raw last night, it means he will definitely become the longest reigning Intercontinental champion ever as he is now only a few days away from breaking the record. The match was brilliant and you should see it if you haven't, easily the best match on Raw for a long time, Gable said after that he wasn't done with Gunther and the title and they should absolutely have a third match.

Elsewhere Jey Uso got a huge reaction when he started the show off, he was interrupted by Sami Zayn who said he was proud of him for leaving the Bloodline and they hugged, there were some seeds planted though as Jey has been part of a group that has pissed a lot of people off over the last three years, so when he left after his segment Drew McIntyre and Matt Riddle made their entrances for their tag match and they both stared at Jey like they wanted to kill him, because of course they have had run ins with the Bloodline in the past.

Speaking of seed planting Adam Pearce mentioned to Jey backstage that Smackdown will get a trade from Raw as Jey has switched brands, If that is not Cody Rhodes I will be stunned! JD McDonagh gave Damien Priest a new custom MITB case, its basically the same one but its Purple had has 'Senor' on it but it still looks cool though. The Miz had a great segment involving 'John Cena' he wasn't actually there but Miz acted like he was and the cameraman filmed him properly like he was there! Miz ended up having a fight with an invisible man and used a skull crushing finale on him, it sounded stupid but it was funny. :lol:

Last edited:
Finally arrived
1000004152.jpg

WWE Superstar spectacle is tomorrow in India, its mostly Raw superstars taking part but Smackdown's John Cena will be in a tag match with Seth Rollins against Kaiser and Vinci of Imperium, Becky Lynch was meant to take part but sadly cant because of passport issues.

Charlotte & Shotzi v Bayley & Io plus AJ Styles v Jimmy Uso on Smackdown tonight.

Its great that WWE have made all profits from Bray's merch available to his family but they really should have made some sort of special edition shirt for him, that shirt above is really plain.

So much for Jimmys reason for turning on Jey, since he wants back in the Bloodline despite being the trigger for the Usos out of the Bloodline

WWE Superstar spectacle is tomorrow in India, its mostly Raw superstars taking part but Smackdown's John Cena will be in a tag match with Seth Rollins against Kaiser and Vinci of Imperium, Becky Lynch was meant to take part but sadly cant because of passport issues.

Charlotte & Shotzi v Bayley & Io plus AJ Styles v Jimmy Uso on Smackdown tonight.

Its great that WWE have made all profits from Bray's merch available to his family but they really should have made some sort of special edition shirt for him, that shirt above is really plain.
It was the only one available at the moment. There were other styles, but they were women's shirts.

So... Nia Jax is back.

Opinions seem split on excitement and dread and given her history before release I'm the latter. I can only hope she learned to be more safe.

The WWE/Endeavour merger has officially happened, they have been joined with UFC under the name 'TKO' which launched today and floated on the stock market, last night's Raw was the last under McMahon majority ownership.

It does feel a bit like the end of an era.

Last edited:
Becky Lynch is the new NXT women's champion, she beat Tiffany Stratton last night in the main event and its the first time she has won the belt, she is also now a grand slam champion.

There has been a bit of criticism about the decision mostly that Tiffany got buried but I don't see it that way, she has a bright future regardless.

The word burial gets thrown around way too much taking wins and losses to seriously (thats how we get stupid win streak rules for heel champions). Bron Breakker wasn't buried when he lost to Dolph Ziggler, so its a matter of what they do with Tiffany after this.

Look at The Miz, he has stayed relevant but has only won 1 match this year

A couple of big executives have left their roles at WWE following the takeover, they did say that there will be a bit of a cull today but I thought they meant talent, they do need a bit of a clear out lets be honest.

Its been reported that Roman Reigns next match will be at the Saudi Crown Jewel show on November 4th, he will return to TV in the weeks before the show to build up the match, right now its AJ Styles who is the likely opponent.

AEW's Jade Cargill is pretty much done with the company and could be at WWE's Performance Center this week. 👀

Great moment with the Rock on Smackdown, interesting that the first show since the merger had him pretty much opening. It was also big news earlier in the day when he revealed on McAfee's show that it was locked on for him to face Roman at this years Mania, looks like Cody will have to wait a little longer to finish his story.

Rock pretty much tuned me out of the Bloodline story again :lol:. Just build up to a hype match and literally nothing else going for it, story wise or even building up someone, and everyone in Smackdown just going to get lost in the shuffle.

I miss 2008-2010 when Championship reigns were much shorter, fast pace, made minor storylines with them entertaining to see what might happen and usually there is multiple guys at the top looking sttong. Long title reigns are such a slog to go through where it's just focusing on one guy to eventually "pass the torch"

At the very least, unlike the dud that was last year, Raw won't be affected (mostly) by it as they have their own Champion so I'm still having my eyes peeled out on Raw while giving up on Smackdown

Last edited:
I think I might have figured out why most wrestling isn't doing it for me anymore. Same reason why I don't watch the pre- or post-race/game stuff, I don't care for melodrama and I'm tired of wasting my life listening to words that mean nothing. AEW is better to an extent, but it's fallen into the same realm.

What I do like is when the actual matches are on, but the same guys having the same matches doesn't help. I came to this after rewatching some New Japan stuff. There is talking, there is melodrama to an extent, but it all seems to tie into either the match at hand and giving more context there, or playing into a sustained attitude that pays off time after time. Also, strong style is better able to suspend my disbelief. This is just me though...

What I do like is when the actual matches are on, but the same guys having the same matches doesn't help. I came to this after rewatching some New Japan stuff. There is talking, there is melodrama to an extent, but it all seems to tie into either the match at hand and giving more context there, or playing into a sustained attitude that pays off time after time. Also, strong style is better able to suspend my disbelief. This is just me though...
Funnily enough, I've been primarily dipping my toes into Stardom for the same basic reasons.

Jey Uso said no to joining the Judgment Day on Raw last night, he then lost his main event match to Drew McIntyre thanks to distractions from the group and then got attacked by them after, it was Cody that made the save and interestingly Drew stood on the entrance way thinking about whether to help Jey and he didn't, another nod to his heel turn I think.

Becky Lynch defended her NXT Women's title against Natalya, Dominik will defend his NXT North American title against Dragon Lee on Raw next week. Ivar of the Viking Raiders and Kofi Kingston had a banger of a match on the mid card last night.

There have sadly been some talent releases at WWE so far today. Mustapha Ali, Rick Boogs, Emma and Aliyah have been released with likely some more to come.

It has been a day full of WWE news too, Smackdown will move from FOX back to USA network from next year with Raw and NXT moving from USA, and next years Elimination Chamber show will take place in Perth, Australia.

There have sadly been some talent releases at WWE so far today. Mustapha Ali, Rick Boogs, Emma and Aliyah have been released with likely some more to come.

It has been a day full of WWE news too, Smackdown will move from FOX back to USA network from next year with Raw and NXT moving from USA, and next years Elimination Chamber show will take place in Perth, Australia.
Can add Riddick Moss, Elias, and Dolph Ziggler to the list as well.

Back