Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
Yep its unfortunately true, she got the injury during their match against Bianca and Charlotte on the Smackdown before last, they are going to address it on Raw in a bit.

Those tag titles are definitely cursed!

Because of sometimes power outages in my city, I basically stopped watching RAW tonight. I appreciate seeing any sort of updates on what I missed from tonight's show.

I couldn't watch Raw either, even though I wanted too.

Main event was a six man tag between Judgment Day and Rollins/Rhodes and Nakamura, it was meant to be Sami in that match but he got attacked by JD McDonagh beforehand, it was Rollins/Rhodes/Nakamira who got the win but after Nakamura hit Rollins with the Kinsasha so it looks like he will be Rollins next challenger for the title, which I like the sound of!

Chad Gable is number one contender for Gunther's IC title, he beat Riddle, Ricochet and Ciampa in a fatal four way in his home town. LA Knight and the Miz had a great promo battle segment, they did mention Sonya Deville and her injury and said that they will sort out what will happen with the tag titles.

Away from Raw its has been reported that Roman Reigns got hurt during his match with Jey Uso, don't know what the injury is but it happened early in the match, he wasn't scheduled for Payback anyway so it probably doesn't matter, he might be on Smackdown because apparently Jimmy will be there to Acknowledge him.

Just in case you need a reminder of how fast time goes, this is Izzy the Bayley superfan from her time when NXT first hit it'd stride. Now gonna start wrestling herself.

Main news from Smackdown.

Jey Uso has quit WWE!
Rey Mysterio is new United States Champion!

Starting with the first, Roman came out and asked where Jimmy was, Jimmy then entered through the crowd to loud boos and 'you sold out' chants, he said he didn't turn on Jey for Roman and then Jey came out, Jimmy explained to Jey that if he won the match and became tribal chief he would be a manipulative A-hole like Roman, Jey then turned his back on Jimmy and Roman just laughed and said to Jey that this is what he said would happen and told Jey to acknowledge him, Jey then took Roman and Solo out with spear and super kick, he left saying he was done with the Bloodline and WWE and left through the crowd. Jey obviously hasn't quit WWE but he has been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com so they are commiting to it.

Austin Theory attacked Santos Escobar twice before their US title match and took out his left knee, Adam Pearce had had enough so said that Rey would take Santos place and he won in less than 10 minutes, Rey still winning titles in 2023 seems mad to me! Theory's title reign lasted 273 days and is the 7th longest US title reign.

Edge will face Sheamus next week in Edge's 25 year celebration in Toronto, its the first ever match between the two which is a bit mad considering how long both have been with the company, Kevin Patrick was the lead commentator and not Michael Cole, Cole didn't really look happy!

Becky Lynch v Trish Stratus on Raw tonight, it was supposed to be at Summerslam but was controversially cut.

Really hope they make a big deal out of it by making it the main event and giving it at least 15 minutes.

Raw was mostly about Judgment Day reasserting their dominance, Finn lost to Cody Rhodes in the main event after Priest tried to intervene with the briefcase (similar to what happened against Rollins at SummerSlam) but they then took out Rhodes and Sami Zayn who ran in to try and help, Zayn got put through the announce table and Balor hit Rhodes with two Coupe De Grace.

JD McDonagh was more involved with Judgment Day this week too and he had a match with Sami, Sami's right arm did not look good and was patched up for that later segment, Becky and Trish sadly went to a double DQ after the fought in the concourse area, They will have a Steel Cage match though maybe at Payback. Rollins v Nakamura for the WH title will also likely happen at that show after Rollins accepted his challenge and then got hit by another Kinshasa. Piper Niven returned to be Chelsea Green's new tag team champion partner.

If her Instagram is any indication, Lacey Evans is on her way out of WWE.

And as such:
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Didn't CM Punk say he has moved on when The Elite did a jab at him?

Apart from the clash with Perry which I fully understand Punks stance against using real glass (such an unnecessary safety issue that injured Goldberg and could've killed Shane McMahon and those were accidental real glass), seems Punk is back to ruffling AEW and using his draw as leverage to get away with it.

For someone who would complain about how WWE let stars do this, he seems to like it when it benefits him :lol:

Well AEW World Tag Team Champion Cash Wheeler is in a bit of a legal bother right now, arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with a firearm after a road rage incident. No actual shots fired tho.

Speaking of legal issues, Sunny/Tammy Lynn Sytch has reportedly plead no contest to her DUI charge from last year that led to anoyher person dying. In total across all charges, looking at a max of 25 years.

Last edited:
Edge says his contract expires at the end of September, had a great match against Sheamus on Friday and gave something of farewell message after saying that it would be his last match in Toronto, he later said that he'll discuss with Beth about what to do next.

Becky Lynch v Trish Stratus steel cage match has been made for Payback, first and thus far only match made for the show.

Seth Rollins v Shinsuke Nakamura for the WH title has been made for Payback a week from Saturday, as has Rhea Ripley v Raquel Rodriguez for the women's title, only three matches made for the show so far.

Gunther defended his IC title against Chad Gable in a great match last night in which Gable won via count-out, Gunther is only 17 days away from breaking Honky Tonk's record.

I'll have to say Gunther title long title reign has been very meh. He's had good matches but that's as far as it's gone. Not much storylines beyond against Sheamus and KO/Sami Zayn but the latter wasn't even about the Intercontinental Championship.

Long Title reigns really feel like they are padding just to reach the high number nowadays. Gunther is nowhere near as bad as other long title reigns because at least I can still be invested in his matches but a lot of these reigns don't need to be as long as they are.

Last edited:
He hasn't had many storylines granted but they are building him up to be the next so called 'big thing'. He had a pretty epic United Kingdom title reign back when NXT UK was a thing, it lasted a few years but there was a pandemic during it.

Terry Funk... hardcore legend. Unlike people who throw around the word "legend" at nearly anybody, Terry Funk actually was one of the most legendary hardcore wrestlers to ever live. Mick Foley and Terry Funk had their hardcore wars in their time. Tough dude. He will sorely be missed.

First there's Terry Funk who died yesterday. Then here's Bray Wyatt who died unexpectedly of a heart attack at the age of 36. They were world champions at one point in their respective careers. Given to what had happened for back to back days, I'm so sorry for their loss. May they rest in peace.

Oh my lord.

Bray Wyatt like Luke Harper before is going to be something that I'm gonna struggle accept.

Phenomal performer. He'll be missed for sure

Say WHAT? We lost Bray Wyatt? Wow. That's terrible. My condolences go out to one of the weirdest, avant-garde wrestlers of this century. Unbelievable...

Man, Bray Wyatt's passing is absolutely heart breaking. Especially considering his young family.

#RIP to both him and Terry Funk.

Back