Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
So Money In The Bank then, who have you got?

For the women's match its hard for me to look past Io Sky, she is the favourite and it does make sense as then they can do the Asuka-Sky dream match everyone has been banging on about since Sky debuted, I can sort of see Becky Lynch winning but I think it would be a bit illogical.

The men's match is more interesting, especially now Logan Paul has been added. Damien Priest is the favourite for me with all this teasing with him and Balor of the Judgment Day, I think LA knight also deserves it and he is clearly the fans favourite, but Logan Paul is in the match....and that's it! :lol:

I really want Knight to win, I just don't know what Paul would do with the briefcase. Some are wanting Priest, which I'm okay with too.

Here's the final card for WWE Money In the Bank today.

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
Becky Lynch, Io Sky, Bayley, Trish Stratus, Zelina Vega, Zoey Stark.

Intercontinental Championship.
Gunther (c) v Matt Riddle

Women's Tag Team Championship.
Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler (c) v Raquel Rodriquez & Liv Morgan

Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa v The Usos

Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
Butch, LA Knight, Shinsuke Nakamura, Ricochet, Santos Escobar, Logan Paul, Damien Priest

World Heavyweight Championship.
Seth 'Freakin' Rollins (c) v Finn Balor

Cody Rhodes v Dominik Mysterio

So as always I have no idea what the main event will be but there are reports that the Cody-Dominik match will main event, which leads everyone to believe that Brock Lesnar will get involved to set up Rhodes v Lesnar III at Summerslam.

Looking forward to watching the show later, its on a much more convenient 8pm rather than 1am.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised with the results so far. Especially with the Money in the Bank winners.

I hope Ivo Sky doesn't cash in too soon, sick of the women Money in the Bank winners immediately cashing in

Thought the whole event was great, the MITB winners were the right choice, Cena appearance was a nice surprise, Baszler turning on Rousey came out of nowhere, Rhodes v Mysterio should have happened on Raw, Bloodline tag match was obviously match of the night.

Crowd was incredible!

Looked like a pretty good show.

Stuff like that makes me really want to say the whole Roman Reigns heel run is amazing but I have to remember 2021 and 2022 the storyline wasn't really doing anything other than choking out potential avenues. With this year finally picking it back up again.

Rest of the show is really good with a lot of interesting potential for the Money in the Bank winners

A few things related to last night.

So we all know that Jey Uso gave Roman his first pin-fall loss for three-and-a-bit years, but when Roman first debuted on the main roster who was the guy who gave him his very first pin-fall loss?...it was Jey Uso!

That spot involving Ricochet and Logan Paul was quite nasty, it was a Spanish Fly from the ropes into the tables but one of them didn't break and Paul took a nasty landing on his neck, he is Okay though and suffered a cut to his shoulder, in fact there were no injuries to speak of last night.

I'm happy with both MITB winners, Priest makes sense and even though LA Knight was many peoples favourite to win I think its okay as long as they have a plan for him, he was massively over in London and got a huge cheer every-time he did something.

The crowd was so good last night and some of the chants were brilliant, there were **** you Logan and **** you Roman chants, and there was stand up if you hate Roman and Shoes off if you hate Roman with everyone waving their around. :lol:

Last night show was the highest grossing arena show in WWE history.

Raw was mostly about Judgment Day, Rollins faced Dominik in the main event (now called 'Dirty' Dominik) Priest got involved by attacking Rollins and causing a DQ, he beat him to the point where he was going to cash in but Balor started started beating up Seth too so Balor and Priest just ended up arguing whilst Seth got away.

Lesnar returned to try and take out Rhodes but Rhodes got the better of him, Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green are new challengers to the women's tag title after they won a tag team turmoil match, Drew McIntyre took out Kaiser and Vinci after they attacked Riddle who got a quick win over Vinci, Rhea Ripley had a successful title defence after she beat Natalya in a good match. Logan Paul and Ricochet will have a face to face next week.

On Smackdown this Friday there will be a tribal court which will have the trail of Roman Reigns.

Let me talk to ya'! The past few months, I've really gotten to like L.A. Knight and his personality. I even like his theme. Fun to watch, for sure. L.A. Knight! Yeah!

He was massively over in London at the weekend, got a huge pop both nights when he interrupted Logan Paul and during his entrance at MITB.

He needs to be given a push, maybe having a run as US champion, needs to happen pretty soon given his age.

I keep on saying this, but it was another episode of Bloodline brilliance on Smackdown last night.

Its started with the trail of Roman where they showed a clip of all the times he disrespected the Usos, Roman said that he did it all for them and said he was done with everything, he managed to cry a real tear as he the red tribal necklace to Jey Uso to wear as a symbal of Roman passing the Tribal Chief over to him and he knelt down, but Roman then low-blowed Jey and both he and Solo took the Usos out and it was pretty brutal as they just destroyed them, Jimmy was sent out in an ambulance and when Jey returned later on he sought revenege and he ended up in the ring with Roman's title and challenged him to a fight.

The whole thing was in two parts and the first part took up half an hour of the show, elsewhere, Austin Theory successfully defended his title against Sheamus in a good distraction filled match, Edge beat Grayson Waller in a good main event match, it was Waller's first main roster match, and at Madison Square Garden too!

WWE Supershow is coming back to my city in September! Here's who currently is on the card:
  • Seth Rollins
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens
  • Solo Sikoa
  • The Usos
  • Bianca Belair
  • LWO
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

Not too much to mention from Raw sadly, it was a good show though, mostly about Judgment Day who have patched things up and beat Rollins, Owens and Zayn in the six man tag main event. They are also going to be on NXT tonight.

Logan Paul and Ricochet faced off and Ricochet challenged Logan to a match, Cody Rhodes officially challenged Lesnar to a match at Summerslam and Lesnar returns next week. Zoey Stark beat Becky Lynch in a match that was briefly taken off the card because Becky had a minor injury that she got medically cleared from just in time, The Miz picked up his first win in 2023 at the 24th attempt, he technically beat Ciampa in a No DQ match but thanks to Bronson Reed who basically came in and walloped Ciampa.

Last edited:

Never a very big name and his most noted gimmick was the most "WWF in 1995 having no idea what to do" thing but I'm frankly a sucker for these silly cheesy gimmicks.

There was a bit of Bloodline stuff on SD but it the show was mostly about Asuka/Flair/Belair for the women's title, and its been pretty poor to be honest.

Main event was Asuka v Belair for the title and whilst the wrestling was good when they got into it it was always going to end in a DQ considering Charlotte, Sky and Bayley were at ringside and that's what happened, they teased an Iyo Sky cash in which didn't happen, I know they will have a triple threat for the title at Summerslam but the way they are getting there isn't great.

Elsewhere there was a fatal four way to determine Theory's next challenger for the US title, there will be one next week too and the two winners will face each other, last night it was AJ Styles v Butch v Grayson Waller v Santos Escobar, Escobar won after AJ had the match won but was distracted by Karrion Kross who was taking out Gallows and Anderson backstage, next weeks fatal four way will have Rey Mysterio, Sheamus, Cameron Grimes and LA Knight, a couple of weeks ago Bayley cut Shotzi hair off when they attacked her backstage, this week Shotzi shaved the whole thing and it turns out that she did for her sister who is battling cancer.

And then for the Bloodline stuff, it happened on the middle of the show, Jey came out on his own after we heard that Jimmy is out injured (storyline) then Heyman and Solo came out (no Roman this week) to say that Jey is to blame for Jimmy being out, Jey and Solo went at it for a bit but the main thing from this is that Jey super-kicked Paul and took out Solo with a chair, the whole thing was to build Jey up and he looked like a star.

Let me talk to 'ya (again)! Now I seem to be on the bandwagon of "LA Knight has to be a Champion." I can't go against my boy Rey Mysterio, but LA Knight is in one of those Fatal-4-Way matches with Rey Mysterio. We'll see what happens next Friday on SmackDown!. Who's game is this? L! A! Knight! YEAH!

Pretty Deadly's Elton Pierce might be out for a little while with a separated shoulder, he left the show last night with his right arm in a sling, its a shame after such a strong start they have had on the main roster.

Also one thing I forgot to mention was the whole Street Profits and Bobby Lashley thing, Lashley returned to give the Profits a ride in his limo where they could talk, very interesting what could come out of this.

It seems like Bayley suffered a pretty big injury scare last night, it was at a live event in Salisbury where she took part in a fatal four way for the women's title with Asuka, Charlotte and Bianca Belair when he right knee buckled from under her and she collapsed, the match was initially stopped as she got helped backstage but then re-started as a triple threat match, Bayley does have a history of knee injuries having suffered a torn ACL for which she only returned from last year and it was the same knee she hurt last night, but she tweeted a pic of her and an ice pack and was seen walking away from the arena without help and crutches, she was limping though.

That would be shame if Bayley is taken off. I think the whole Women's dynamic on Smackdown right now is interesting due to sheer unpredictability of the 5 pieces involved moving around

Zayn and Owens successfully defended their tag titles in a great main event last night, Rollins v Balor for the title and Lesnar v Rhodes have both been made for Summerslam, Lesnar attacked Cody in his home town and right in front of his mother, no stipulation for that match yet.

Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green are new women's tag champions, If you have a spare 10 minutes I would recommend that you match the Viking Rules match from last night, it was brilliant and a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Looking at YouTube comments, everyone seems to be behind Deville and Green. It is their first championship after all.

Back