Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
Really enjoyed Backlash, some very good matches and the crowd was amazing, great moment with Zelina Vega before and after her match and Bad Bunny was brilliant and got a huge pop. The only complaint I have is that the street fight should have main evented, Lesnar v Rhodes was good and Lesnar getting busted open added a lot to the drama but the finish and end to the show was anti-climatic.

Special mention to Damien Priest, he did an incredible job protecting and elevating Bad Bunny, he must have been gutted not to have a match at Wrestlemania but last night made up for it.

the Draft comes into effect on Raw tonight, plus its the start of the new World title tournament with the triple threat matches, WWE have announced the competitors for the tournament and its Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sheamus, The Miz, Damien Priest, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Austin Theory and Bobby Lashley. Its a strong list full of guys who deserve a shot, I think Rollins will win the whole thing but no idea of his opponent!

Triple threat matches for tonight.

Rollins v Nakamura v Priest
Rhodes v Miz v Balor

Winners face each other later on, winner of that will go to Night Of Champions.

Seth Rollins will got to Night Of Champions to fight for the new title, he beat Finn Balor in a great main event, in fact all three tournament matches were really good last night.

The triple threat matches were announced for Smackdown.
Styles v Edge v Mysterio
Theory v Lashley v Sheamus

It's kind of wild they go with a Triple Threat format followed by a one-on-one for the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. In a way, when I think of a Triple Threat challenge for a big prize, I am sort of reminded of those X-Division matches in TNA. Only this Triple Threat for the WHC doesn't involve grabbing something suspended above the ring. I really like that Styles-Edge-Mysterio match. That's three S-Tier wrestlers and two Hall of Famers (AJ Styles should be one himself). Those should be great matches on SmackDown! this week.

Edge just posted a little video on his social media, he talks about his involvement in the WHC tournament and that the belt looks a lot like the Big Gold that he had to give up 12 years ago and he never got it back, also he said that he has to win the new title and when he loses it then he is done, it was quite emotional.

AJ Styles will face Seth Rollins for the new World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions in two weeks, he beat Edge and Rey Mysterio in the triple threat and then Bobby Lashley in the main event, Lashley suffered a nasty looking cut to his head in the triple threat match and was sporting a massive lump for the singles match.

Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa will face Owens and Zayn for the tag titles at NOC, Rodriguez and Morgan successfully defended their women's tag titles against Damage CTRL, Asuka returned to spoil Belair's homecoming in Knoxville and Cameron Grimes beat Corbin in just seconds on his main roster debut.

According to Dave Meltzer the reason why Smackdown is involved in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament is to try and draw up ratings on the weekend since its competing against the NBA Play Off's

While it does make sense, I feel like this wouldn't have been a problem if Smackdown wasn't stuck with another Champion ;)

Some of the hacked tweets from Hardy's account were brutal. :lol:

There have been some grumblings about Roman Reigns being involved in the tag title match and possibly winning more belts but I don't think it'll happen, I think there will be some distractions and the Usos will have something to say about it.

The current storyline with Bloodline falling apart has been great and Usos turning on their cousin would add more to it.

Looks like they haven't done the "swapping brand titles" thing with Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair yet.

Hopefully this means they are doing what they should've done a long time ago and rebrand the Titles (something simple like WWE Women's and World Women's would be enough)

Looks like they haven't done the "swapping brand titles" thing with Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair yet.

Hopefully this means they are doing what they should've done a long time ago and rebrand the Titles (something simple like WWE Women's and World Women's would be enough)
While I'm perfectly okay with WWE removing the brand-specifics from the belts, if they are in fact doing that with the women's and tag championships, it's got me wondering if this is a result of the whole upcoming UFC merger. I imagine the controlling board wouldn't care much for all of the "we're only competing with ourselves nobody else exists it's just us LALALALALA" nonsense that we've had for so long.

While I'm perfectly okay with WWE removing the brand-specifics from the belts, if they are in fact doing that with the women's and tag championships, it's got me wondering if this is a result of the whole upcoming UFC merger. I imagine the controlling board wouldn't care much for all of the "we're only competing with ourselves nobody else exists it's just us LALALALALA" nonsense that we've had for so long.
Admittedly, this Brand Extension 3.0 (I know 2.0 never officially ended but it might as well had after that dreadful last year) feels far less about competing with themselves and more just about both shows being able to stand on their own to keep both USA and FOX happy. Which should be the goal in the first place.

Raw was really good last night, definitely one of the better shows in recent weeks

It was more about Paul Heyman putting pressure on Owens and Zayn by colluding Judgement Day and Imperium against them, Heyman was seen talking to Balor and Priest and then shaking hands with Gunther before the main event match which was Owens and Zayn v Balor and Priest, Balor pinned Zayn for the win after a few distractions from Imperium, before all that though Zayn gave a great promo about how the match with Solo and Roman is the perfect opportunity to take down Roman.

Elsewhere Mustapha Ali won a battle royal to face Gunther for the IC title at NOC and that could really be a good match, we were supposed to have a women's tag title match but Liv Morgan got injured on Smackdown so we had Rodriguez picking up an easy win over Chelsea Green but then she got attacked from a returning Rousey and Baszler, Cody Rhodes and Becky Lynch both gave great promo and Becky v Trish has been made for NOC, some NXT call ups were involved last night too with Indus Sher winning a squash match and JD McDonagh attacking Dolph Ziggler during the battle royal. There were some great sit down interview segments with Cory Graves and Seth Rollins which continue next week.

Call me a cynical, but I have a bad feeling due to history that the Bloodline imploding is just a fake out and some shineagons are going happen and the storyline is just going to be drawn out further

More Bloodline stuff last night when the Usos lost in the main event to Escobar and Mysterio of the LWO, it was mainly thanks to Owens and Zayn causing distraction and getting some revenge on what happened to them on Raw, it followed a great opening with Roman/Solo and KO/Sami.

Elsewhere it seems Liv Morgan's injury is more severe than first thought as she and Raquel Rodriquez have had to vacant the women's tag titles with a new champions to be made on Raw with a fatal four way, I have no idea what the injury is but she seems to take a stiff kick to the head on last weeks Smackdown, she was able to finish the match and win it though, Bianca Belair v Asuka for the Raw women's title has been made for NOC next week. Grayson Waller, Pretty Deadly and Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn of NXT all debuted last night.

Newt weeks Smackdown was taped last night because of the Saudi show next Saturday.

Brock Lesnar attacked Cody Rhodes twice last night and took out his left arm, first time was when Cody entered the arena as the show aired and Brock hit his arm with a beer barrel, then later in the show Brock came out and said that with Cody out of commission he was issuing an open challenge for NOC on Saturday, but of course Cody came out with his arm in a sling then Brock put him in the Kimura lock, Cody then refused medical attention which led to a great backstage segment with him and Triple H as the show went off air.

Not a lot to mention elsewhere to be honest, it's a shoulder injury that Liv Morgan has and Dakota Kai tore her ACL in the same match whilst trying to protect Liv so that could be nine months out for Kai sadly, Balor beat Nakamura in a really good match and the main event was good too with Owens Zayn and Riddle taking on Imperium. There was more great interview segments with Seth Rollins.

NXT Battleground and Night of Champions are both this weekend, Money In The Bank qualifying matches start on next weeks Raw.

Here is the card for WWE Night Of Champions tomorrow.

Intercontinental Championship.
Gunther (c) v Mustapha Ali

Smackdown Women's Championship.
Rhea Ripley (c) v Natalya

Raw Women's Championship.
Bianca Belair (c) v Asuka

Becky Lynch v Trish Stratus

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (c) v Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa

Cody Rhodes v Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Championship.
Seth 'Freakin' Rollins v AJ Styles

Of course I don't know what the match schedule is but I think the World title match should absolutely be the main event. Apparently Cody Rhodes suffered a 'broken arm' but the match with Lesnar is still going ahead.

NXT Battleground is on Sunday so I'll post the card for that tomorrow, AEW have also got a show this weekend but I cant remember what its called.

So the Usos ended up costing Reigns and Solo the titles as the Bloodline imploded, Jimmy super kicked Roman twice.

Seth Rollins is new World Champion after beating Styles in an excellent opening match, Auka beat Belair for the Raw women's title which came out of nowhere, Cody passed out to the Kimura lock from Lesnar, show was really good overall.

It's a good way to get Seth back into the main event scene, and I'm just hoping that this is going to be something substantial and not just a token thank you run for dealing with Logan Paul.

Also, Ali certainly knows how to oversell without making it look cartoony and stupid. Specifically that bit of getting booted off the apron midair and then blasted into the ringpost, that coulda gone very wrong easily.

So the Usos ended up costing Reigns and Solo the titles as the Bloodline imploded, Jimmy super kicked Roman twice.

Seth Rollins is new World Champion after beating Styles in an excellent opening match, Auka beat Belair for the Raw women's title which came out of nowhere, Cody passed out to the Kimura lock from Lesnar, show was really good overall.
I'm glad this was the case, I was fearful that it was either a ruse or Roman was just going to win and it was going to go towards a Tag Team match between him and Solo against the Usos.

This is much better

Back