Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
I'm glad this was the case, I was fearful that it was either a ruse or Roman was just going to win and it was going to go towards a Tag Team match between him and Solo against the Usos.

This is much better
I'm hoping that this eventually leads to Sikoa getting a singles push, because he really needs to be getting out of Roman's shadow sooner rather than later. I am also kinda interested to see what's going to happen with the Usos as Jimmy seems to have gone completely power mad.

Also, now that they've removed the colored straps from the tag belts and made them Undisputed, I'm wondering if we actually are going to see them be redesigned soon too.

Seth Rollins has now held all world championshps in WWE. The NXT, WWE, Universal and now World Heavyweight championship.

I wish they would do something with the Women's titles soon, since the draft the Raw women's title is on Smackdown and the Smackdown women's title is on Raw, its quite silly and confusing and they clearly don't know what to do about it as they would have done it already, I'm not opposed to a belt swap. Also Asuka beating Belair for the Raw title was pretty weak.

Seth Rollins has now held all world championshps in WWE. The NXT, WWE, Universal and now World Heavyweight championship.

I wish they would do something with the Women's titles soon, since the draft the Raw women's title is on Smackdown and the Smackdown women's title is on Raw, its quite silly and confusing and they clearly don't know what to do about it as they would have done it already, I'm not opposed to a belt swap. Also Asuka beating Belair for the Raw title was pretty weak.
I'm against just exchanging the belts, it makes the titles feel interchangeable and any individual history the titles have is irrelevant.

A rebranding of the titles would be great and go a long way

News from Raw last night.

Seth Rollins & AJ Styles beat Finn Balor & Damien Priest in the main event.
Rousey and Baszler are new women's tag champs.
Cody Rhodes issued an open challenge to Brock Lesnar for Money In The Bank.
Shinsuke Nakamura and Ricochet both qualified for Money in the Bank beating Bronson Reed and the Miz in singles matches.
Imperium continue to get involved in Owens and Zayn's business, Owens was wearing a Usos We The Ones shirt.
No women's qualifiers for MITB but they could start on Smackdown.

That's about it, but breaking news in the last 20 minutes is that Alexa Bliss is pregnant, congrats to her and Ryan.

New WWE Title made, basically looks like the old one but more Gold. Looks alright given they decided not to do much with the design

Also reports that new Women's titles will be made with the Smackdown Women's Title being the World Women's Title and Raw Women's Title being the WWE Women's Title, with the same appearance as their male counterparts only with White straps

Another fantastic Bloodline segment, Usos interrupted Roman's 1000 day celebration, Solo left Roman to align with his brothers but it was ruse after he spiked Jimmy, Bloodline have officially broken up. Brilliant storytelling and emotion once again.

New title looks good but as mentioned it is largely the same as the Universal and WWE titles, just with more gold. Zelina Vega and LA Knight have qualified for the Money In The Bank matches with four more qualifiers on Smackdown next week and two on Raw.

Seth Rollins will defend his World title on Raw this Monday against Damien Priest, this is after Seth issued an open challenge on Twitter and it was answered by Priest just hours later, its the first time that the World Heavyweight title will be defended on Raw since 2013! When John Cena defended against Damian Sandow, the WWE title hasn't been defended on Raw since 2021 when Big E faced Austin Theory.

Kinda weird how getting rid of Roman Reigns from Raw allows Judgment Day to finally start out doing big things

And they are already doing a break up tease :lol:

Pretty good Raw though, the highlight is just everyone getting roasted

Last edited:
So Vince made a lot of last minute changes to the show last night, normally that would be as bad thing but last night's show was actually very good, here's the main news.

Seth Rollins retained the World title after beating Damien Priest in a great main event match.
Gunther and Kevin Owens also had a very good match in the middle of the show, it was mainly KO getting battered and Gunther picked up the win via a roll up after distractions.
Becky Lynch and Zoey Stark both qualified for the women's MITB match, there were no men's qualifiers.
Dominik got even more heat by calling Cody Rhodes a deadbeat dad and slapping him on Miz TV.
Kayden Carter and Katana Chance made their main rosters debut by running Rousey and Baszler close in their tag match.

Going to be interesting to see what happens next with the Bloodline tonight after what happened next week, worth pointing out that Roman Reigns is currently scheduled to compete at Money In The Bank and Summerslam.

The third match between Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar looks set for Summerslam and it will likely have a stipulation, apparently it could be a bull-rope match!

The matches on Smackdown tonight will be dominated by MITB qualifiers, Shotzi v Io Sky, Mia Yim v Bayley, Mustapha Ali v Santos Escobar and Butch v Baron Corbin all taking place tonight.

Last edited:
The third match between Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar looks set for Summerslam and it will likely have a stipulation, apparently it could be a bull-rope match!
I fully expect Money in the Bank to be Dominik vs. Cody Rhodes, Brock interferes and costs Cody the match setting up their Summerslam while Dominik rides this win high as the punchable heel

Last edited:
Asuka will be presented with a new women's title tonight, news broke an hour ago.

So the Bloodline stuff on Smackdown last night then. Started off with Paul Heyman putting Jey in a US title match with Austin Theory and calling him the next Tribal Chief. In the US title main event there were a lot interferences, there was a ref bump so first Pretty Deadly came out to help Theory then Jimmy came out to fend them off, Solo then appeared to take out Jimmy who then accidently super kicked his brother and Theory picked up the win to retain his title. SD went off air with Jey walking out on his brother and past Heyman and Solo with still no answer to whether he will fall in line or not, Roman wasn't there but he returns next week.

Elsewhere, Asuka was presented with the new WWE women's title which looks like the new WWE title that Roman has but its got a white strap and not black. Charlotte Flair returned to challenge Asuka for the new title. There was also movement in the womens tag title division when Rousey and Baszler challenged Fyre and Dawn to a unification match which was accepted.

Butch, Santos Escobar, Io Sky and Bayley all qualified for the MITB matches, Karrion Kross attacked AJ Styles and there was a great video package for the Iron Sheik.

Last edited:
Seth Rollins will defend his WH title against Finn Balor at Money In the Bank, Finn issued the challenged admitting he is still bitter and angry at Seth about having to drop the Universal title seven years ago after picking up that injury following Seth's buckle bomb at that years Summerslam. Seth also issued an open challenge for his title for next weeks Raw.

Cody Rhodes v Dominik has also been made for MITB. Rhea Ripley got a new title with the women's World Championship and it looks like Seth's title but its got white strap and is a bit smaller, the Smackdown women's title has now been retired and so has the Raw women's title. Damien Priest has got the last place in the men's MITB ladder match after beating Riddle in a good qualifier. Owens and Zayn defended their tag titles against Gunther and Kaiser in the main event, Zayn actually picked up the win with the blue thunder bomb!

Last edited:
Seth Rollins will defend his WH title against Finn Balor at Money In the Bank, Finn issued the challenged admitting he is still bitter and angry at Seth about having to drop the Universal title seven years ago after picking up that injury following Seth's buckle bomb at that years Summerslam. Seth also issued an open challenge for his title for next weeks Raw.

Cody Rhodes v Dominik has also been made for MITB. Rhea Ripley got a new title with the women's World Championship and it looks like Seth's title but its got white strap and is a bit smaller, the Smackdown women's title has now been retired and so has the Raw women's title. Damien Priest has got the last place in the men's MITB ladder match after beating Riddle in a good qualifier. Owens and Zayn defended their tag titles against Gunther and Kaiser in the main event, Zayn actually picked up the win with the blue thunder bomb!
Just to point out, the Smackdown and Raw Women's Titles aren't retired. The World and WWE Women's titles continue the lineage of the previous titles, respectively.

It's pretty much a rebranding of the titles

Bloodline split has finally happened! Another great main event segment with all involved, the whole night the question was 'Will Jey Uso fall in line?' And it looked like Jey was going to turn his back on his brother and got back to Roman but he said to Jimmy 'you're out....and I'm out too' then BAM super kick to Roman and double super kick to Solo. Huge pop from the crowd and a great way to end the show.

Pretty Deadly won the tag team gauntlet match to become number one contenders to Owens and Zayn and that tag title match will happen on Smackdown in London in two weeks, also taking place that night will be Asuka v Charlotte women's title match.

Not a lot else from last night to be honest, next week is the women's tag title unification between Rousey/Baszler and Fyre/Dawn, plus Bayley puts her MITB spot on the line against Shotzi.

Glad to see The Bloodline storyline FINALLY picking up though. For the past 2 years it was very stagnant with nothing really going on apart from making everyone against them look foolish.

CM Punk returns at AEW Collision and seems people have already forgot Brawl Out ever happened (for me personally, CM Punk is like Jeff Hardy where they had way too many chances and just keep burning things down so I just don't care for them anymore)

Finally watched my first full show of AEW with Collison. I know I missed too many stories and stuff like that from Dynamite and Rampage, but I don't think it's as important as WWE's.

Roman & Solo v The Usos has been made for MITB, its been billed as 'Bloodline Civil War' probably by someone who had just watched the Avengers film. :lol:

So Logan Paul is back and immediately put in the MITB ladder match. Trish Stratus is in the women's MITB match which is pretty wild to think about.

Seth Rollins was meant to defend his WH title on Raw but was attacked by Finn Balor, he did successfully defend his title against Bron Breakker on NXT, but then was attacked by Finn again after.

Smackdown was just Okay last night, there were reports that the show got the Vince treatment with a lot of last minute changes beforehand.

This is what happened with the Bloodline.

Usos started the show with a passionate promo.
Solo Sikoa was bumped into by Ridge Holland, Solo then hit him with the Samoan Spike.
Sheamus wanted revenge for his friend so he faced Solo in the main event.
It was a good match which sadly went to a ref stoppage when Solo put Sheamus through the barricade.
Usos came out after to attack Solo.

And that was it really, there was no Roman but he is back next week.

Elsewhere Rousey and Baszler are now the unified women's tag champs after they beat Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn for the NXT tag titles in a good match, Rousey and Baszler were then challenged by Raquel Rodriguez and a returning Liv Morgan, who never lost the tag titles.

And that was it really, nothing else that was noteworthy, next weeks Smackdown will be from London and will have a WWE Women's title match between Asuka and Charlotte and a tag title match between Owens/Zayn and Pretty Deadly.

Its Money In The Bank week, Raw is from Savannah GA tonight, then they fly out to the UK to do some shows in Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle, both Smackdown and Money In The Bank will be at the 02 Arena in London.

Two matches added to Money In the Bank, Intercontinental title match with Gunther defending against Matt Riddle and Women's tag title match with Rousey and Baszler defending against Rodriguez and Morgan.

NXT Champion Carmelo Hayes made his Raw debut to face Finn Balor, he then defended and retained his title against Baron Corbin last night, Raw was mostly about Cody Rhodes and Dominik.

I remember Cody Rhodes. I hardly watch wrestling now, but it's fun to watch every once in a blue moon. My grandpa is a huge fan of it.

Back