Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,376 comments
So you know that Mark Henry retirement segment from a number of years ago? Well they did it again, this time with AJ Styles.

He came to the ring and said that he couldn't be at the back of the line at this stage of his career and he had been thinking about it all week, he seemed genuine and emotional and he had Gallows and Anderson there to say goodbye, he then had Cody to come out and Cody said thank you to him and AJ said that the match they had at Backlash was one of the best of his career and a hell of a way to got out, and then whilst Cody led AJ to the cheers from the crowd AJ attacked Cody and hit him with a Styles clash from the stairs to the floor, he suckered a lot of people in and even wore a pastel colored suit like Henry wore!

Elsewhere Paul Heyman continues to be the best thing about the current Bloodline story, he tried to stop Kevin Owens from getting involved claiming that he was trying to save him and there were loud 'we want Roman' chants which seem to get louder every week, Paul's body language and facial expressions during the segment were incredible. Tama and Loa beat Street Profits and Tonga Loa seems to be more of a powerhouse than his brother.

Bayley v Piper Niven for the women's title has been made for CATC which come after Piper has been attacking Bayley for the past couple of weeks and Piper is Scottish. LA Knight called out Logan Paul and his US title, Angel tried to recruit Andrade to the Legado Del Fantasma and Austin Theory lost to Tomasso Ciampa thanks to a distraction from his own team-mate.

So you know that Mark Henry retirement segment from a number of years ago? Well they did it again, this time with AJ Styles.
Thought it was weird to do another fake retirement segment because the Mark Henry one doesn't feel like it was that long ago. At least it didn't feel like it was until I was reminded on the Wrestletalk podcast that it happened 11 years ago. lol

Didn't think the Styles one was too bad. It'll always be hard to top to Mark Henry's though.

My problem with Styles was that it was telegraphed, last we saw him he was desperate for the title with limited time left. There is no reason to believe the retirement was going to happen and all it does is set up a rematch from months ago

Compared to Mark Henry which came out of the Blue (iirc we only got a Tweet saying he is thinking of retiring)and threw himself into John Cena which he wasnt near him in terms of story direction. It made the retirement speech much more believable and the shock of it being a ruse much more effective that also elevated Mark Henry from doing nothing to a WWE Title match (though wasted potential it was a really good segement)

Two matches made for WWE Clash At The Castle next Saturday following Smackdown last night, an I Quit match between Cody Rhodes and AJ Styles for the WWE Undisputed title and a Triple Threat match for the women's tag titles between Belair/Cargill, Stark/Baszler and Fyre/Dawn.

NXT Battleground is tomorrow night and is taking place at UFC Apex which I think is like WWE's Performance Center, Ill post the card for that tomorrow.

"I Quit" matches can be long. You have to really stymie your opponent to make your opponent say "I Quit." Neither Cody nor AJ Styles give up so easily. This "I Quit" match could be a marathon.

"I Quit" matches can be long. You have to really stymie your opponent to make your opponent say "I Quit." Neither Cody nor AJ Styles give up so easily. This "I Quit" match could be a marathon.
It will last exactly when WWE has allocated before show.1/2 or 1 hour. Don't see WWE allocating any more than that.

So there has been some fairly big WWE news overnight, but first as promised here is the card for WWE NXT Battleground tonight.

NXT Tag Team Championship.
Nathan Fraser & Axiom (c) v The OC

NXT Underground match.
Shayna Baszler v Lola Vice

NXT North American Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Oba Femi (c) v Wes Lee v Joe Coffey

NXT Women's North American Championship-Ladder Match.
Sol Ruca, Michin, Jaida Parker, Lash Legend, Fallon Henley and Kelani Jordan

NXT Women's Championship
Roxanne Perez (c) v Jordynne Grace

NXT Championship.
Trick Williams (c) v Ethan Page

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the news is that Ricochet's contract is up this Summer and he looks set to leave, its been reported that he has given the company notice and he will be written off of TV before his contract expires.

I don't think this comes as a big surprise, I do think that he has been under-used at WWE and its not a shock that he wants to try something different elsewhere.

Advertised for Raw tonight.

Sami Zayn v Otis
Lyra Valkryia v IYO Sky
Ilja Draganov v Bron Breakker

It could be the final appearance of Ricochet in WWE tonight, hope he gets a big pop when he appears.

There is some happier contract news and that Chad Gable looks set to sign a new deal, talks between the two have been positive and WWE are confident he will re-sign.

Speaking of Iyo, more WWE/outside promotion crossovers in the form of WWE/Marigold-

2GBGQMLl.jpg

So Ricochet left Raw in the back of an Ambulance last night, it followed an attack from Bron Breakker who power-slamed him through a car windscreen, that really could be Ricochet's last WWE appearance.

Judgment Day will be banned from ringside for the Priest/McIntyre title match on Saturday after McIntyre beat Finn Balor in the main event, Breakker and Dragunov put on a banger of a match.

Not too much else to report, it was kind of a meh episode.

I thought it was a pretty good Raw episode. I'm sold on Damien Priest vs Drew McIntyre and the Intercontinental stuff is really good too. Liv and Dominic advancement was interesting (kudos to Finn Balor for secretly stealing Doms key to Livs room :lol:) Awesome Truth still quite funny now in a hectic Tag Team scene.

Raw just been getting the Ws every week

Cody was on NXT and teased some TNA guys appearing next week in a battle royal to decide Trick William's next challenger.

Say his name?

Here is the card for WWE Clash At The Castle in Glasgow, Scotland tomorrow night.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill (c) v Shayna Baszler & Zoey Stark v Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn

Intercontinental Championship.
Sami Zayn (c) v Chad Gable

WWE Women's World Championship.
Bayley (c) v Piper Niven

Undisputed WWE Championship-I Quit Match.
Cody Rhodes (c) v AJ Styles

World Heavyweight Championship.
Damien Priest (c) v Drew McIntyre

Smackdown has also taken place in Glasgow but I haven't seen it yet, here is the advertised stuff for it.

Michin v Nia Jax
Naomi v Chelsea Green
Grayson Waller effect with guests DIY
Kevin Owens v Solo Sikoa
Cody Rhodes and AJ Styles will both appear.

I hope Priest is ok. He had a freak accident with ankle getting caught on the ropes and was limping it to finish the match

Quite enjoyed the show, CM Punk returned to screw Drew out of the title which will likely set up a match between the two at Summerslam, Punk did say he hopes to be cleared this week and will miss this week's Raw to make sure, as mentioned above Priest had a scare when he attempted a dive from the ring but his ankle got caught on the rope and he landed in an awkward position. He finished the match though.

Cody retained his title in an Okay I Quit match which was the opener, Cody got 'busted open' but it looks like it was a blood capsule and the main highlight was Mama Rhodes slapping AJ three times, Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn are new women's tag champs after winning the triple threat match, it was a great moment for them and the crowd and maybe a surprise that Belair and Cargill have dropped the titles so soon but neither got pinned, it was Baszler who took the L. Zayn v Gable was argubly match of the night with Gable again trying to get Maxine and Otis involved and Otis got a huge cheer when he stood up to Gable, Otis babyface turn is going to be red-hot, Zayn retained his title and after he signaled to Gable that that was his last chance.

Another fantastic crowd last night and another night where the international crowd took a massive dump on the American crowds.

I haven't seen the show but I have seen the debut of the Wyatt Sick6, holy cow they just killed everyone!

I don't know who two of them are, I know that there is Bo Dallas, Erick Rowan and Nikki Cross but who are the other two?, I think one of them is Dijak.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the show but I have seen the debut of the Wyatt Sick6, holy cow they just killed everyone!

I don't know who two of them are, I know that there is Bo Dallas, Erick Rowan and Nikki Cross but who are the other two?, I think one of them is Dijak.
Joe Gacey is Buzzard and Lumis is Husky

Latest Posts

Back