Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,496 comments
Now none of the original 3 Judgment Day members are apart of Judgment Day :lol:.

Wrestling allegory of replacing every ships parts with new parts, does it make a new ship?
Just rename them the New Judgment Day because slapping the word New in front of an established team or faction always works, right? (New Day exempted but they weren't called The Day so also not exempted)

:sly:

Odyssey Jones? Wow... Big E was dope, but this Odyssey Jones seems more like Big E 2.0. Good grief, that guy is beast! He handled Authors of Pain (AOP) like it was nothing. Even side slamming both guys- both north of 300+ lbs. WOW!

Thought Raw was great last night, so much newsworthy stuff

Bronson Reed attacking Seth Rollins and hitting him with SIX Tsunamis, no more original members of the Judgment Day and I thought that Damien and Rhea teaming up was great, Gunther v Randy Orton getting made for Bash In Berlin for the title, I loved the main event with WYATT SICKS looking impressive, Odyssey Jones finally being used after getting called up to Raw in last years draft!

Smackdown stuff for tonight.

Roman Reigns returns.
Andrade v Santos Escobar-US title number one contenders match
DIY v Pretty Deadly
The Street Profits v A-Town Down Under
LA Knight US title celebration
Jade Cargill v Alba Fyre

The winners of those tag matches will face each other next week to determine the number one contenders for the tag titles.

Reigns return should be interesting!

Seth Rollins will be out for a while as he is still dealing with some injuries, the attack from Bronson Reed was a way to right him off TV, the storyline version is that Rollins suffered cracked ribs and will be out for an undisclosed time and that Reed has been fined.

Santos Escobar is the number one contender for LA Knight's US title after beating Andrade who was distracted by Carmelo Hayes, DIY and The Street Profits will meet next week to determine the number one contenders for the tag titles, Cody Rhodes has chosen Kevin Owens to challenge for his title next, Roman got such an amazing pop and reaction from the crowd last night and WWE must be pleased as it something they have been trying to do for 10 years! Crowd were overall too.

Plenty of stuff advertised for tonight's Raw.

Rhea Ripley will kick off the show.
Bron Breakker v Sami Zayn-IC title, 2 out of 3 falls match.
Damien Priest v Carlito
American Made v Alpha Academy-Tornado tag team match.
Randy Orton appearance.
Odyssey Jones in ring debut.
Shayna Baszler & Zoey Stark v IYO Sky & Kairi Sane-women's tag titles number one contenders match.

One Tsunami from BIG Bronson Reed will end most people. Taking six of them makes you a borderline human pancake. That was surreal by Bronson Reed last week.

Watching this week's RAW, though!

Mixed tag team match with Damien Priest & Rhea Ripley v Dominic & Liv Morgan has been made for Bash In Berlin, Rhea gave a great line last night when she said 'you might have stabbed me in the back, but-and this is not the first time you heard this-it wasn't quite deep enough'! :lol:

Bron Breakker successfully defended his IC title in the 2 out of 3 falls main event against Sami Zayn, Bronson Reed went on the rampage again and this time the victim was our beloved R-Truth who suffered with six Tsunamis like Rollins did last week, Gunther continued with his insults to his opponents by calling Randy Orton a screw-up who comes from a family of screw-ups, Odyssey Jones made his in ring debut by taking an a local jobber.

The Tornado tag match between American Made and Alpha Academy was sadly a bit of a mess with a few close calls, first Tozawa tried a suicide dive but his feet got caught in the ropes and he landed awkwardly, Otis then took a hard stiff landing from neck-breaker suplex and Julius Creed ended the match with a bloody hand, everyone seemed okay though. Ivy Nile caused the distraction when she turned on Maxxine and attacked her.

I wonder who will win those mega battles, I'll have to watch it online as I don't have cable. Lol, CM Punk is a tattoo fanatic, I saw some of his old picture and he has a ton of tattoos on his arms, chest, neck, etc.

That's...interesting. Might look into tickets, but I'm not sure how that'll work...ring sits on the pitcher's mound? That would keep the seats focused on the right area.

Well a few years ago, WWE Royal Rumble was here in Houston at Minute Maid Park. I also remember TNA had an event called "Basebrawl" at some other ballpark. So this is not an unusual concept. But... AEW NEVER had a pay-per-view or major event in Texas yet? Wow...

That's...interesting. Might look into tickets, but I'm not sure how that'll work...ring sits on the pitcher's mound? That would keep the seats focused on the right area.
That's about the same way WWE did it for a few prior Rumbles and New Japan does with Wrestle Kingdom

Advertised for Smackdown tonight.

Roman Reigns
DIY v The Street Profits-tag title number one contenders match.
Nia Jax title celebration
Grayson Waller v Kevin Owens
Naomi v Blair Davenport

It seems that Bobby Lashley and MVP have been released, both have been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com.

Yeah its very sad that both Wild Samoans have gone, and in quick succession too as Sika only passed away a few weeks ago, my thought are with Roman as that's his father and uncle gone.

Speaking of Roman he was on the show last night despite the news, and he ended up getting decimated by the Bloodline, he was on top for a while but the returning Jacob Fatu put a stop to that and they then put Roman through the announce table with the Shield bomb and the show finished with Solo standing over Roman.

The Street Profits beat DIY in a great number one contenders match and will face Fatu and Tonga for the tag titles next week, The Andrade and Carmelo Hayes rivalry continued as they had another great match which this time Hayes won, they brawled after and had to be separated. Michin has got a women's title match with Nia Jax after she hijacked Nia's title celebration.

Cody Rhodes v Kevin Owens for the undisputed title has been made for Bash In Berlin, and LA Knight will defend his IC title against Santos Escobar next week.

Yeah its very sad that both Wild Samoans have gone, and in quick succession too as Sika only passed away a few weeks ago, my thought are with Roman as that's his father and uncle gone.

Speaking of Roman he was on the show last night despite the news, and he ended up getting decimated by the Bloodline, he was on top for a while but the returning Jacob Fatu put a stop to that and they then put Roman through the announce table with the Shield bomb and the show finished with Solo standing over Roman.

The Street Profits beat DIY in a great number one contenders match and will face Fatu and Tonga for the tag titles next week, The Andrade and Carmelo Hayes rivalry continued as they had another great match which this time Hayes won, they brawled after and had to be separated. Michin has got a women's title match with Nia Jax after she hijacked Nia's title celebration.

Cody Rhodes v Kevin Owens for the undisputed title has been made for Bash In Berlin, and LA Knight will defend his IC title against Santos Escobar next week.
Must've missed the episode where LA Knight beat Bron Breakker for the IC Title to become a Double Champion. Was that on Main Event? :lol:

Jokes aside, I see a lot of complaints the Roman is only getting 5 minutes of screentime but isn't that a good thing? A huge problem with the Bloodline storyline was it took up way too much time on Smackdown and if you aren't jobbing to them, you're just not on the show :lol:. I still think its the main culprit behind Rhodes pretty lackluster title run and why I don't blame him and instead the long term effects of Bloodlines terrible booking, because all the Smackdown faces were jobbing out and the non-Bloodline heels literally couldn't do anything, no one outside the Bloodline looked good on Smackdown so when Cody from Raw got to the top, of course there is a lack of competition problem :lol: (though even that isn't accurate as Solo was the Bloodline jobber man from Crown Jewel to Wrestlemania XL). The Draft would have needed to take half of Raw heels to fix this but they didn't

CM Punk v Drew McIntyre in a strap match has been made for Bash In Berlin, that's four matches made for the show so far which takes place next Saturday.

Last night's Raw is the last we will see Pat McAfee in WWE for a while, he is off doing his ESPN college football commitments and he wont return until January, they played a nice video package of him of his best bits from this year.

So Ricochet is All-Elite now? I loved Ricochet. I hope he does well in AEW. I haven't seen much AEW in a while to see what the talent pool is like nowadays, so I don't know how he'll stack up against the current AEW roster.

Ricochet vs Ospreay will be the ultimate flipfest, just to drive all the old-school fans nuts.

This might be my first live wrestling show since I saw the British Bulldog & a few others at my local leisure centre sometime in the 90s.

Last edited:
CM Punk v Drew McIntyre in a strap match has been made for Bash In Berlin, that's four matches made for the show so far which takes place next Saturday.

Last night's Raw is the last we will see Pat McAfee in WWE for a while, he is off doing his ESPN college football commitments and he wont return until January, they played a nice video package of him of his best bits from this year.
I vote for CM Punk, hope he can protect himself and win this week. I have been a fan of him and Chris Jericho since Day 1. The Undertaker was pretty brave and scary to his competitors.

Last edited:
Ricochet vs Ospreay will be the ultimate flipfest, just to drive all the old-school fans nuts.
angry Jim Cornette noises

Thing is, their flipfest wasn't even the worst by far I've seen in terms of spots being unable to suspend disbelief. For me, that goes to the Eddie Edwards (who I have an entirely irrational dislike for as a wrestler) v.s Davey Richards "recipient of a superplex, maybe a second later, suplexes himself and his opponent out of the ring"

Of course I'd be a hypocrite because if I ever get to book a show, I'd take it to an extreme and have an increasingly preposterous suplex chain happen

Last edited:
The Bloodline of Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa had a successful title defense against the Street Profits last night, in typical Bloodline fashion Solo caused the distraction which led to the win, Loa took over from Jacob Fatu due to Fatu's injury but he was still involved, DIY tried to help out after the match when the Profits got beat down but they ended up beaten themselves, No Roman last night.

The other story was cooked up but Waller and Theory in which Kevin Owens would turn on Cody Rhodes, they even showed a video package of KO turning on people, its six in total including Sami Zayn twice. It ended up with a tag match main event between the foru of them which Cody and KO won but there was a tease of KO turning on Cody after.

LA Knight had a successful first title defense against Santos Escobar and then said he will got to Bash In Berlin to issue and open challenge. Not much else happened last night, Bash In Berlin is next Saturday and next weeks Smackdown will also be in Berlin, women's tag title match between Unholy Union and Belair/Cargill has been made for BIB and Nia Jax will face Michin for the women's title in a street fight on Smackdown.

Will be interesting to see if they can actually do some business there.

The more intriguing rumour is the stadium show for Australia in the future.. THAT'S the one that is a bit baffling to me..
And now that it's confirmed, even more baffling decisions to it for me..

My grandpa has cable and the USA network, they usually have wrestling on every Monday, or they did back then. His favorite wrestlers were Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, the Undertaker, Ray Mysterio, and Chris Jericho, there were a few others that I lost my train of thought on. He's 84 and still watching it, I can't believe it.

Latest Posts

Back