Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,388 comments
I re-uploaded 2.1.2-beta.15 it was showing as 2.1.2-beta.14 even after the update.

added a special feature for Gpro users on GT7.. to boost past 7Nm cap
1. press PS or equivalent to go to dash
2. press and hold together the 2 buttons in the center of the 2 new knobs
1. right most RPM led on Drivehub with glow and after 2 or 3 seconds the next led will glow also
3. now use left knob to adjust value
1. 0 leds is 100%
2 1 leds is 110%
and so on til 5
3 repeat step 2 to quit special feature
4. TF ffb will be boosted by the % set

this is a temporary and will need to be done any time you restart DriveHub
the value are capped at max and min so can't go out of range
i recommend to quit to dash as the buttons used are active in the game but in the dash

I'm really curious how this is working under the hood. Gt7 software locks the pro wheel to 7nm, drivehub artificially boosts the torque up to 50% more while gt7 and the gpro base thinks it's still at 7nm? I wonder how that affects fidelity as I'm sure the peak 11nm torque in the logitech software allows for full range of feedback while setting the in game actual vibration level to what feels comfortable gives you best results. I'm assuming this isn't letting the gpro do what it's designed to do at actual full torque?

I'm really curious how this is working under the hood. Gt7 software locks the pro wheel to 7nm, drivehub artificially boosts the torque up to 50% more while gt7 and the gpro base thinks it's still at 7nm? I wonder how that affects fidelity as I'm sure the peak 11nm torque in the logitech software allows for full range of feedback while setting the in game actual vibration level to what feels comfortable gives you best results. I'm assuming this isn't letting the gpro do what it's designed to do at actual full torque?
G pro gets the full torque and sees it. I had talked to Podger about it... Basically, the signal coming back to the controller (wheel) are being capped by GT7 and can be seen by whatever software they use to analyze the signal... Drivehub simply amplifies it back to the original amount as a way to override the cap that GT7 is causing. It will not hurt the fidelity since it is limited to 11nm so it won't overdrive the wheel base.

I understand that this should be the case, but as I said that if I disable auto-center feature and then plug the wheel back to PS5 and launch GT7, I have no auto center in GT7 menus (The wheel still centers in PS5 menus) and when driving it feels SO much better as I'm able to have much better lap times and I'm better able to catch slides and it feels almost as good as Assetto Corsa for me. If I don't disable auto-center, the FFB works and I have effects but there's unrealistically heavy centering force while driving and I'm not able to easily feel what the car is doing because of that. Replugging the wheel doesn't fix that or restarting the console. It always feels like that by default if I don't plug the wheel to PC and disable auto-center.

I would be more than happy to try to show some proof that I'm able to disable the auto-center and it makes a huge difference how the force feedback feels in GT7, but I'm not quite sure how.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GranTurismo7/s/YmebRpaxZX
Is it anyhing like this. Sorry for the long read, but Im really trying to figure out what the hell happened to my wheel. Also, dont know if posting links is allowed.

Is it anyhing like this. Sorry for the long read, but Im really trying to figure out what the hell happened to my wheel. Also, dont know if posting links is allowed.
Dude posted the whole bible lol, jokes aside.
I didnt read it all, but a TL;DR would be nice.

If your issue is that the constant force is too much, so steering will feel really heavy, yes that is the issue that Legetzu has I believe.
I noticed that on Xbox too with my TS-PC on wreckfest. The autocenter is too heavy and keeps want to center it.

Last edited:

If your issue is that the constant force is too much, so steering will feel really heavy, yes that is the issue that Legetzu has I believe.
I noticed that on Xbox too with my TS-PC on wreckfest. The autocenter is too heavy and keeps want to center it.
I cant really describe that part, but it just changed from being too power oversteery on exits to no oversteer at all. Like the sensitivity changed without me changing anything, and also ffb now feels more intuitive so easier to catch if any oversteer does happen (this part is why I thought it might be connected to autocenter thing). I posted the whole thing because I've been struggling with power oversteer for months. So I basically learned how to drive with oversensitive wheel or something. Could be that it was just too sensitive my wheel, but it could be other things as well given its drivehub and all. But again, I didn't change a thing, it just happened. No firmware updates, no driver updates, no setting changes, nothing.

Oh, that's interesting. Do you have GT7, and how does it feel to you?

It's kind of hard to know from that post, if you felt anything change in your force feedback. And the difference is that you have Fanatec Wheel, so I don't really know how they work.

Oh, that's interesting. Do you have GT7, and how does it feel to you?

It's kind of hard to know from that post, if you felt anything change in your force feedback. And the difference is that you have Fanatec Wheel, so I don't really know how they work.
I don't have a PS5, so no GT7 for me unfortunately.
On ACC and F1 23 it feels completely fine, almost the same as on PC.
But WreckFest has this constant 'force' when you try to steer, it only goes away when you're in the air tho. But feels really off. Its not like that on pc.

I didn't try your option yet, with disabling/setting the auto-center to 0%.
Will try that when I have the chance!

I don't have a PS5, so no GT7 for me unfortunately.
On ACC and F1 23 it feels completely fine, almost the same as on PC.
But WreckFest has this constant 'force' when you try to steer, it only goes away when you're in the air tho. But feels really off. Its not like that on pc.

I didn't try your option yet, with disabling/setting the auto-center to 0%.
Will try that when I have the chance!
Be ready that the auto-center setting will not work all the time. I have to sometimes try many times until it starts to work in GT7. I've also disabled Spring and Damper from the Thrustmaster Control panel so you should maybe also change them.

Be ready that the auto-center setting will not work all the time. I have to sometimes try many times until it starts to work in GT7. I've also disabled Spring and Damper from the Thrustmaster Control panel so you should maybe also change them.
Yeah I've read your posts here, fortunately I can just plug my laptop in haha so wont have to get everything upstairs to reset it.

Yeah I've read your posts here, fortunately I can just plug my laptop in haha so wont have to get everything upstairs to reset it.
Lets hope that you feel a difference. Maybe there's an issue with the "other spring effect" with this wheel that @Podger said is enabled in GT7 during driving. Maybe Wreckfest is using similar effect, but ACC and F1 23 keep it disabled while driving?

Lets hope that you feel a difference. Maybe there's an issue with the "other spring effect" with this wheel that @Podger said is enabled in GT7 during driving. Maybe Wreckfest is using similar effect, but ACC and F1 23 keep it disabled while driving?
Not sure if it keeps it disabled, since I didnt change any settings as I had it on PC, which are basicly the default settings only the FFB on 75% I believe. But the force when steering force is normal. You dont have to fight to keep it in that steering position.
It's hard to explain, but when you steer in wreckfest it goes almost full force trying to center again.
As if you have a non force feedback wheel with a spring, that just pulls the wheel back to the center.

Last edited:
Not sure if it keeps it disabled, but the force when steering is normal. You dont have to fight to keep it in that steering position.
It's hard to explain, but when you steer in wreckfest it goes almost full force trying to center again.
As if you have a non force feedback wheel with a spring, that just pulls the wheel back to the center.
That kind of sounds like what I was experiencing with Forza and Wreckfest on the Xbox using the Logitech G Pro DD11 wheel base. If I kept the wheel center, it had minimal resistance but then the resistance would do a linear increase to the 11nm torque the more I tried to turn the wheel. It would pretty much give the full 11nm torque at and past 90 degrees. It kinda felt like a reverse FFB or something. Podger figured out that it was a specific issue to my style of wheel and made a really good fix for it.

That kind of sounds like what I was experiencing with Forza and Wreckfest on the Xbox using the Logitech G Pro DD11 wheel base. If I kept the wheel center, it had minimal resistance but then the resistance would do a linear increase to the 11nm torque the more I tried to turn the wheel. It would pretty much give the full 11nm torque at and past 90 degrees. It kinda felt like a reverse FFB or something. Podger figured out that it was a specific issue to my style of wheel and made a really good fix for it.
Oh wow, yeah that sounds exactly the same.
Happens to the TS-PC Racer too, I'm going to try it with my old T300 aswell to see if it happens there too.

Update: Happens to my T300 aswell

Last edited:
@Podger, can you also try to make a fix for this for TM wheels?
Are you on the latest f/w for these wheels, if they are old DH will be attempting to translate the new TM ffb protocol to the old ps3, and that’s not easy to do well. If your wheel is up to date the ffb isn’t touched it’s sent as is and is received exactly as it was intend to arrive.. this new TM ffb was first seen in GT Sport and was required to improve the fidelity of the FFb..

Are you on the latest f/w for these wheels, if they are old DH will be attempting to translate the new TM ffb protocol to the old ps3, and that’s not easy to do well. If your wheel is up to date the ffb isn’t touched it’s sent as is and is received exactly as it was intend to arrive.. this new TM ffb was first seen in GT Sport and was required to improve the fidelity of the FFb..
The firmware tool is a bit confusing for new users. The "use latest firmware" option might make them think that they are using the latest beta instead of the latest official. Users need to remember that they need to unselect that option if they want to use the latest beta.

Im on the latest firmware for the wheels yeah. Also the latest BETA of drivehub

Last edited:
Not sure if it keeps it disabled, but the force when steering is normal. You dont have to fight to keep it in that steering position.
So do you have any other force feedback effects in the game? I have other effects working in GT7 but it just tries to center too heavily.

Jep other effects are present too, just wants to center all the time so quite annoying
So that resembles the same issue I'm having in GT7 with the force feedback. It's not trying to center as much compared to the game menus but it still tries to center it significantly to the point I can't feel what the car is doing that well.

@Nickinatorz so let me get this straight, you have a t300 also that you can connect directly to the console, and you’re not happy with the ffb ?
No, I don't have a PS5, im on Xbox and PC.
About 1,5 years ago I was only racing on PC, I upgraded from a T300 to the TS-PC. Due to the birth of my daugher I'm not playing frequently on PC, but on the xbox in the living room.
Found out about drivehub, that would save me money in the long term because I didnt have to buy a new base that way.

So, I'm using Xbox and PC only.
T300 is PS3/PS4/PC I believe

Last edited:
No, I don't have a PS5, im on Xbox and PC.
About 1,5 years ago I was only racing on PC, I upgraded from a T300 to the TS-PC. Due to the birth of my daugher I'm not playing frequently on PC, but on the xbox in the living room.
Found out about drivehub, that would save me money in the long term because I didnt have to buy a new base that way.

So, I'm using Xbox and PC only.
T300 is PS3/PS4/PC I believe
there is too much cross talk in this thread, if you have a potential DriveHub support question please PM,

there is too much cross talk in this thread, if you have a potential DriveHub support question please PM,
Yeah I understand, this was about having the same issue as @Legetzu has on GT7, I'm expierincing that exact same issue on Xbox with Wreckfest.
The wheel wants to recenter all the time, so steering is really heavy. You still feel details, but when you steer its really heavy due to the feeling it want to center.

We are both on a TS-PC racer, thats the thing that we have in common.

Last edited:
Hi, I basically just use gt7, psvr2 using Logi Pro wheel and pedals. My goal is to add a shifter. Ive been hopeful on Logitech pro shifter release, but getting antsy like many others. Leaning toward the Frex Hshift+. Just want to verify that drivehub will get me there?? I see it’s compatible in the literature, just figure I would bother people who may have tried already….. Extra Nm on the wheel would be cool too. Thankyou!

Hi, I basically just use gt7, psvr2 using Logi Pro wheel and pedals. My goal is to add a shifter. Ive been hopeful on Logitech pro shifter release, but getting antsy like many others. Leaning toward the Frex Hshift+. Just want to verify that drivehub will get me there?? I see it’s compatible in the literature, just figure I would bother people who may have tried already….. Extra Nm on the wheel would be cool too. Thankyou!
I looked into this a while ago. I don't think the Frex H-pattern shifter is compatible with the drivehub. It's only the older Frex GP sequential that is. That's what I was told when I enquired with Collective Minds at the time, which was about a year ago.

I settled on the VNM H-Pattern shifter (which doubles up as a sequential too) and it's been working great with the drivehub. It's a nice shifter. You can easily lengthen or shorten the knob height and you can also tighten the feeling of the throw so that it feels nice and notchy, like a short shifter in a real car.

I would also look into the new Aiologs H-pattern shifter that they have literally just released, it's available for pre-order. It looks excellent but obviously it's not drivehub compatible yet.

I'd like to get one as I already have the Aiologs handbrake and sequential shifter. It's possible I may end up purchasing one and see if I can send it over to the drivehub team myself to see if they can make it compatible. I'd need to talk to them.

Last edited:
I looked into this a while ago. I don't think the Frex H-pattern shifter is compatible with the drivehub. It's only the older Frex GP sequential that is. That's what I was told when I enquired with Collective Minds at the time, which was about a year ago.

I settled on the VNM H-Pattern shifter (which doubles up as a sequential too) and it's been working great with the drivehub. It's a nice shifter. You can easily lengthen or shorten the knob height and you can also tighten the feeling of the throw so that it feels nice and notchy, like a short shifter in a real car.

I would also look into the new Aiologs H-pattern shifter that they have literally just released, it's available for pre-order. It looks excellent but obviously it's not drivehub compatible yet.

I'd like to get one as I already have the Aiologs handbrake and sequential shifter. It's possible I may end up purchasing one and see if I can send it over to the drivehub team myself to see if they can make it compatible. I'd need to talk to them.
Thankyou! You are right, after checking with Podger, looks like I would need to send a Frex H to drivehub to ensure compatibility. I ordered a drivehub last night regardless for more NM and future additions. But still have to decide on shifter, but now I’m leaning toward VNM. Thankyou for your time!

After reading/watching a few reviews, and for sake of compatibility, I think the VNM will serve me well. I’m not looking for smooth and fast, but rather clunky and heavier, driving race and old cars. I’m not going to be slamming gears, but want fair amount of resistance. The Frex initially seemed like a good choice, I think they were shooting for a 962 feel I read somewhere. Though without certain drivehub compatibility…. But as you said, and I think I read, you can really tighten the VNM down a bunch.

Last edited:
After reading/watching a few reviews, and for sake of compatibility, I think the VNM will serve me well. I’m not looking for smooth and fast, but rather clunky and heavier, driving race and old cars. I’m not going to be slamming gears, but want fair amount of resistance. The Frex initially seemed like a good choice, I think they were shooting for a 962 feel I read somewhere. Though without certain drivehub compatibility…. But as you said, and I think I read, you can really tighten the VNM down a bunch.
It is a very good shifter, a solid all metal build, that can take serious abuse if you do slam through the gears. It can actually be tightened up so much that it won't actually move at all on the vertical axis.

The only negative, as the reviews will show, is the side to side movement is a bit light/springy. You can remedy this by modding it. Simply placing a small spring or a strong rubber band onto the spring loaded lever inside. Videos on youtube will show what I mean. I have yet to do this but keep meaning too.

Unless you are desperate for a shifter right now, I would wait for the new Aiologs H-pattern. I feel this maybe the best H-shifter ever made at a reasonable price. It's been 4 years in development and if their other shifters are anything to go by, it will be awesome. It's likely to be as good as the BDH shifter in feel but is $360 not over $1000.

Last edited:
Ordered a drivehub and VNM shifter. I’m pumped for this Drivehub setup. Paddles are getting old. I reached out to Podger who has been great, thank you! I really appreciate your help. What a cool ass product to think of and develop. So talking to Podger and emailing with Frex, there is a 90% chance it’s compatible. Ultimately still hoping for future cool logi pro shifter lol. VNM I know will work in the interim. I’ll def do some mods for the horizontal sounds like. Thankyou for your help Tom.

If the Frex did not work out, I know myself, while holding that bit of gear I would not send it back and that would be my catalyst for leaping into the PC sim world, and proper PC sim racing gear. Then I would be like, well now I can get the Quaife I really want, a crazy 20+nm wheel so on……I would spend more time setting it all up to race every time, and settings up the wahzoo than race. I Started GT on the original back in the 90’s when it came out. GT7 is just enough to keep me from the new world of PC racing. Urge to splurge lol. Trust me I’m jealous of the PC racing world!!!

My issue is finding time to play…. Unfortunately I can only find 2-3 night a week. About 30-45 minutes, pause mid race when I can’t hold my eyes open and start falling asleep, ps5 to sleep mode. Few days later, sit in the rig, find out I’m still mid race Spa or Nurburgring. Then I’m racing, lost in VR within one minute of sitting. Till I get tired lol. Just enough time to escape the world, and my mind for a bit.

VMN same week arrival, Frex would take a bit…… Tom the Aiologs is intriguing, the sq shifters looks solid. Long wait, and still no pictures. Interestingly, I put it in cart/checkout pre-order and they show $92 for shipping, not deal a breaker if the shifter is proper, but of note for sure, though it’s overseas. And then part of me still thinks in some galaxy far away a Logi Pro Shifter and some wheels will appear…..

thankyou for your time Tom and Podger. Can’t wait to setup my Drivehub and shifter, and also check out the Nm situation!! It’s an awesome wheel! By using Drivehub I can still expand my ecosystem, which otherwise doesn’t exist at the moment lol. thankyou! I could use it on Xbox s too I suppose. Though I only have one game for it, only reason I bought it. Goldeneye 007. That was last year, I’ve only been able to play it 2-3 times, I only got past the dam jump to the second level I think lol. But honestly that was enough to bring me back to that time. I need to figure out a different life lol. Ok that’s it lol. GTPlanet is a great site! Don’t let them fool ya kids, some parts of being an adult are not as advertised. lol

Drivehub!!!

Back