Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,445 comments
The LEDs on the G Pro work in GT7 also, so maybe it's a Logitech thing (mine is the PC only wheel)
RPM LEDs for GT7 come from the trueforce audio. Forza also uses trueforce for the LEDs, but sadly that's it... Forza doesn't use the rest of the trueforce for the haptic feedback.

Edit: sorry, I should have specified that I'm talking about the Logitech G Pro. I don't know how it works for other wheels.

Last edited:
My point was that TM don’t have leds in their API on ps4/ps5.. none of their ps4/ps5 rims have leds. That particular rim comes with the ts-ps, I know I have one and I tried a few things…
The sf1000 I believe uses wifi to get telemetry over udp from the game and their display module was Bluetooth LE. I don’t have an SF 1000 in any case.

RPM LEDs for GT7 come from the trueforce audio. Forza also uses trueforce for the LEDs, but sadly that's it... Forza doesn't use the rest of the trueforce for the haptic feedback.

Edit: sorry, I should have specified that I'm talking about the Logitech G Pro. I don't know how it works for other wheels.
The leds on gt7 use the old api not the trueforce ones, thats why they turn on in pairs, the g29 had 10 leds but they turned on in pairs, there is 5 bits you set to turn them on or off… the Gpro is waaayyyy more flexible, but gt7 doesn’t use it. Fm8 does on Xbox as it turns out

Last edited:
I hope it could help to understand. The problem occurs while driving, not while stationary. As soon as I turn left at a certain speed the steering wheel 'jumps to the left' forcing me to counter-steer or otherwise hold the steering wheel so as not to lose the car.

For the first time in my life I used the buttons as throttle and brake to record the video 😅

Please remap these keys for ACC users 🥲

Update : I forgot to tell you that my advanced wheel configuration is based on this: https://www.levelpush.com/forza/best-logitech-g29-g920-settings-motorsport/

No center spring or other settings that create a bad feeling with the FFB and the wheel.

Hello @Podger have you any news about this bug? Do you need some other information or I can do anything for you to better understand the problem?

I re-uploaded 2.1.2-beta.15 it was showing as 2.1.2-beta.14 even after the update.

added a special feature for Gpro users on GT7.. to boost past 7Nm cap
1. press PS or equivalent to go to dash
2. press and hold together the 2 buttons in the center of the 2 new knobs
1. right most RPM led on Drivehub with glow and after 2 or 3 seconds the next led will glow also
3. now use left knob to adjust value
1. 0 leds is 100%
2 1 leds is 110%
and so on til 5
3 repeat step 2 to quit special feature
4. TF ffb will be boosted by the % set

this is a temporary and will need to be done any time you restart DriveHub
the value are capped at max and min so can't go out of range
i recommend to quit to dash as the buttons used are active in the game but in the dash
Just an FYI.

I noticed tonight when playing ACC on PS5, that this works for ACC too.

I'd imagine the FFB boost works for all racing games, though obviously not advisable!

I started playing ACC after a quick race on GT7 and wondered why the FFB felt so strong using my normal 65% FFB setting in game!!

Last edited:
Just an FYI.

I noticed tonight when playing ACC on PS5, that this works for ACC too.

I'd imagine the FFB boost works for all racing games, though obviously not advisable!

I started playing ACC after a quick race on GT7 and wondered why the FFB felt so strong using my normal 65% FFB setting in game!!
Well for all with trueforce, that is.

Not at the moment, I’ve been off DriveHub for a few weeks now, working on other stuff. Will try to get back to it soon
Hello @Podger have you any news about this bug? Do you need some other information or I can do anything for you to better understand the problem?
I updoaded 2.1.2-beta.30 last night to fix the issue @PaRRoT reported. And he confirmed the fix is good

Last edited:
Hi @Podger , I'm bothering you to report another little bug that has shown up with G29 and the latest 2.1.2 beta 30 update. When I start a race or practice session the wheel is "very light", with no FFB applied. After a few seconds it starts to stiffen up and return to normal. With 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 beta 28 this problem did not occur.

Sorry if this has been answered or posted somewhere, but I am looking at compatible shifters to use with DriveHub. I have a Logitech Pro Wheel and Pedals for PS5 used mostly in GT7. (Already have DriveHub, and it worked flawlessly increasing full torque in GT7. 110-120% is my max.)

Listed on DriveHub Website
AIOLOGS SQ Shifter
Fanatec SQ 1.5
FREX GP
Thrustmaster TH8A, TH8, TSS, TH8S

I went through the last 8-10 pages and found a few more shifters reported as compatible.
VNM Shifter
Moza HGP Shifter

There were three other ones that I was interested in and didn't see if they are compatible or not.
SHH Thorne
FREX Hshift+
Simatic DS-8X

Can anyone comment on the last three shifters or correct me if the VNM or Moza aren't compatible? Thanks! (I'm looking at the VNM or Simatic DS-8X, if compatible.)

@Podger Any comment on compatibility of these shifters or others that may have been added?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been answered or posted somewhere, but I am looking at compatible shifters to use with DriveHub. I have a Logitech Pro Wheel and Pedals for PS5 used mostly in GT7. (Already have DriveHub, and it worked flawlessly increasing full torque in GT7. 110-120% is my max.)

AIOLOGS SQ Shifter
Fanatec SQ 1.5
FREX GP

I went through the last 8-10 pages and found a few more shifters reported as compatible.
VNM Shifter
Moza HGP Shifter

There were three other ones that I was interested in and didn't see if they are compatible or not.
SHH Thorne
FREX Hshift+
Simatic DS-8X

Can anyone comment on the last three shifters or correct me if the VNM or Moza aren't compatible? Thanks! (I'm looking at the VNM or Simatic DS-8X, if compatible.)

@Podger Any comment on compatibility of these shifters or others that may have been
Here we go lol. I love my shifters. I can give you some insight on the 2 shifters I own. Like you, I have a Logitech Pro wheel and pedals along with Drivehub as well. Drivehub for the win!! Best purchase ever for the pro wheel, glad I found it so soon after buying the wheel. Wow what a difference! I’m guessing the “powers at be” may not love it, but I’m so grateful I now have full NM use of the wheel and shifter options. Thankyou Drivehub, works flawlessly every single time. When I found these pages it was @Yes No posts about it that made me scoop one. Thanks!

For the first shifter I went with the VNM h pattern/sequential combo. Plug and play with Drivehub, the Drivehub little digit screen also recognizes it by name on startup. It’s a great shifter, very precise and well built all aluminum. Shift silky smooth and fast, you can set more tension which is important. However, setting too much tension it starts to creak with every shift. But that’s the resistance level I wanted, the creaking becomes annoying after awhile and you end up turning it down a touch. Then it feels so light, less realistic for me. It’s very very smooth. It is a good shifter. So as D*****y as this sounds, after a week of use I mounted it on the left side of my rig for RH cars. Was actually a Great decision. And now NSX GT500 just came out, I set up the sequential plate for the first time and that is kick ass. Fully adjustable 4 ways, great resistance and return, I have it set heavy and snappy. It comes with the sequential style shift knob. This is mode where the VNM shines for me and I just recently realized it. The NSX is so fun much with it

I took the plunge and went with Frex Hshift+ a week after the first one in search of a more mechanical feel. Mounted for LH. Not a ton of info on the site to reassure you, industrial design, core components are seemingly simple by a YouTube breakdown video I saw. But they have been around forever. I want sure. This shifter is incredible. Drivehub plug and play compatible, also recognized by name. I got the long shaft, heavy spring carbon wrap case. I just couldn’t be happier with it. It looks cool as hell. Super mechanical feel, nice and tight construction with their plunger design it really feels like you’re moving linkage rather than just a pivoting rod. It’s a really satisfying feeling hammering through the gears. You can pummel it. It’s so much more tactile feeling than the other shifter just hitting a gate. You can crank the resistance and it just takes it lol. First few weeks I just shifted normally. You can just feel it’s built like a tank. Now I pound the **** out it with lighting fast hard shifts every time. There are better upper tier shifters out there, but the Frex I would classify as incredibly immersive, especially for the money. If you want to, you can set it so you have to put in work, and it takes it. A really really fun shifter. I wasn’t sure when I ordered. Holy shizz am I happy that I have it. Flat rate shipping, no tracking, but they overnighted it from Japan which was cool. VR really brings it next level too, couple laps in it becomes easy to forget it is just a computer joystick. Frex Hshift+ for me is worth every penny if you want mechanical feel and fresking super rock solid construction.

Both great shifters, completely different feel. Don’t forget to set your transmission to manual in car settings for the clutch to work and miss shifts.

And it’s all possible only with Drivehub, great product at an amazing price. Changed everything for me.

Here we go lol. I love my shifters. I can give you some insight on the 2 shifters I own. Like you, I have a Logitech Pro wheel and pedals along with Drivehub as well. Drivehub for the win!! Best purchase ever for the pro wheel, glad I found it so soon after buying the wheel. Wow what a difference! I’m guessing the “powers at be” may not love it, but I’m so grateful I now have full NM use of the wheel and shifter options. Thankyou Drivehub, works flawlessly every single time. When I found these pages it was @Yes No posts about it that made me scoop one. Thanks!

For the first shifter I went with the VNM h pattern/sequential combo. Plug and play with Drivehub, the Drivehub little digit screen also recognizes it by name on startup. It’s a great shifter, very precise and well built all aluminum. Shift silky smooth and fast, you can set more tension which is important. However, setting too much tension it starts to creak with every shift. But that’s the resistance level I wanted, the creaking becomes annoying after awhile and you end up turning it down a touch. Then it feels so light, less realistic for me. It’s very very smooth. It is a good shifter. So as D*****y as this sounds, after a week of use I mounted it on the left side of my rig for RH cars. Was actually a Great decision. And now NSX GT500 just came out, I set up the sequential plate for the first time and that is kick ass. Fully adjustable 4 ways, great resistance and return, I have it set heavy and snappy. It comes with the sequential style shift knob. This is mode where the VNM shines for me and I just recently realized it. The NSX is so fun much with it

I took the plunge and went with Frex Hshift+ a week after the first one in search of a more mechanical feel. Mounted for LH. Not a ton of info on the site to reassure you, industrial design, core components are seemingly simple by a YouTube breakdown video I saw. But they have been around forever. I want sure. This shifter is incredible. Drivehub plug and play compatible, also recognized by name. I got the long shaft, heavy spring carbon wrap case. I just couldn’t be happier with it. It looks cool as hell. Super mechanical feel, nice and tight construction with their plunger design it really feels like you’re moving linkage rather than just a pivoting rod. It’s a really satisfying feeling hammering through the gears. You can pummel it. It’s so much more tactile feeling than the other shifter just hitting a gate. You can crank the resistance and it just takes it lol. First few weeks I just shifted normally. You can just feel it’s built like a tank. Now I pound the **** out it with lighting fast hard shifts every time. There are better upper tier shifters out there, but the Frex I would classify as incredibly immersive, especially for the money. If you want to, you can set it so you have to put in work, and it takes it. A really really fun shifter. I wasn’t sure when I ordered. Holy shizz am I happy that I have it. Flat rate shipping, no tracking, but they overnighted it from Japan which was cool. VR really brings it next level too, couple laps in it becomes easy to forget it is just a computer joystick. Frex Hshift+ for me is worth every penny if you want mechanical feel and fresking super rock solid construction.

Both great shifters, completely different feel. Don’t forget to set your transmission to manual in car settings for the clutch to work and miss shifts.

And it’s all possible only with Drivehub, great product at an amazing price. Changed everything for me.
Thanks for the information. I had ruled out Frex ShiftH+(wasn’t sure of compatibility) but I’ll re-look at it. It may have a better mounting option using the table clamp on my GT Omega Apex stand and getting it closer to my seat position. I’m not sure if it would be stable in this setup though.

Thankfully, Drive Hub has really opened up our options!

Last edited:

AIOLOGS SQ Shifter
Fanatec SQ 1.5
FREX GP

VNM Shifter
Moza HGP Shifter

SHH Thorne
FREX Hshift+
Simatic DS-8X

@Podger Any comment on compatibility of these shifters or others that may have been added?
did you mean simagic ds-8x ... not simatic ?? if so I added that recently enough

did you mean simagic ds-8x ... not simatic ?? if so I added that recently enough
Simagic DS-8X, correct. Thanks for confirming as it the shifter that I'm leaning towards.

It's great that Drive Hub gives the ability to add products for consoles not native to the Wheels. Again, thanks for all your support.

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
I'm in exactly the same boat in that I have just ordered the G Pro wheel + pedals and the TrakRacer TR120, and am looking for a shifter. Looking at the Frex website, I can't fully understand what the SimSYNCHRO and the 'switch' are when configuring. Not wishing to make a mistake when ordering from Japan, could you give me some insight into the configuration?

Thanks!

Hi Eric,
I'm in exactly the same boat in that I have just ordered the G Pro wheel + pedals and the TrakRacer TR120, and am looking for a shifter. Looking at the Frex website, I can't fully understand what the SimSYNCHRO and the 'switch' are when configuring. Not wishing to make a mistake when ordering from Japan, could you give me some insight into the configuration?

Thanks!
I did not get the simsynchro. I just meant in game, gt7 will shift without clutch on full racing transmission, manual transmission and some lower ones require clutch for the gear to engage electronically. And I believe, but I’m not 100 sure, that the simsynchro option when using a pc and software…. Shifter connected to the clutch part, will psychically prevent the actual shifter from entering the gear until the clutch is pressed. But I’m not sure if someone has made that work on GT7. Cool tech though for PC!

Thanks for the reply Eric,
Now I just need to consider whether I go down the (somewhat 'hacky' though no doubt impressive) route of Drivehub + shifter, or listen to the prevailing whispers of Logitech releasing some new goodies in October. Not having used the wheel either with our without the Drivehub, I'm hoping that the wheel feels great despite being nerfed, and that I don't need any unofficial workarounds.

(I would be surprised if any Logitech shifter is as cool as the Frex option though...)

Last edited:
I hear you 100%. I felt somwhat the same a few months ago. I said screw it, I want more immersion now. Yeah it’s so hard to tell. Logi plays it very close to the vest and their profits are made exponentially elsewhere in their lineup outside of the wheel program. They are not worried about the wheel program. If they do not release a wheel and or shifter at the Oct event, I imagine a small niche mob of people may burn their headquarters down though. They have an opportunity to really jump into the mid grade sim ecosystem if they wanted to. For years now. If they release two new wheels and a quality shifter maybe a handbrake, they would sell out first batch right away. They know, and I guess it just hasn’t been worth it yet. But they did include the ports for accessories, and they did make a pretty robust quick release.

If you want 11nm now, it’s literally like getting an entirely different wheel. Drivehub is your only ticket on gt7. Combine the full 11 with Trueforce, it’s a spot on setup. Trueforce is great in gt7. I have shakers/simhub I setup back when I had a g29, feel every curb and so on. Pro wheel/trueforce you feel everything right in your hands and much much more detailed. All combined it’s just awesome. You are going to love this wheel.

If you want to shift now, Drivehub! Plug and play. You basically have 5 months to wait and wonder, shifter and wheel aside, you may never get 11nm from poly without Drivehub. That in itself is worth it. While it may seem hacky, a product exist to get you where you want to be. Right now. It’s stable and it works damn well.

You can be driving full force and shifting way better shifters by the end of this week. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to Oct too. And I’m sure I will scoop what they are offering, and hopefully it will be of high quality. Possibly 150 days out... Drivehub is available right now.

You do make some compelling points…

I’ll wait until the rig arrives and I can set it all up - the wheel and pedals are still sitting in their boxes atm. Once I’ve had a chance to experience them I’m pretty sure my rational mind will have little influence over my eventual decision. Either I’m surprisingly indifferent to the lack of shifter and torque or I’m not. If it’s the latter, I may struggle to wait a few more months. I’d like to at least give myself the opportunity to experience the necessity for a workaround, as opposed to ‘blindly’ accepting it and forever questioning if it’s something I really should have done. ‘Convince myself of my own decision’, if you will :)

I’m sorry, yes are correct. You should try it all stock first. For sure. I did stock, other than brake elastomers for about two months. I was happy with the paddles/pedals, and very happy with 6nm having no idea I was missing more power. No complaints. And honestly if that was max possible power, coming from g29 I would say that it was awesome lol . I was on here looking up car tunes and stumbled across this secret club by chance lol. Knowing now, I’m glad I did. Whoa, different wheel now! But yes, set up everything out of the box and have fun on your new journey. It’s a great wheel/pedals setup! After you try the stock setup, you may want to check out the Logitech recommended wheel settings. Logitech website they have a settings values table and 2 pictures of in game settings for GT7 and many other games. I have found along with others, their recommendation for gt7 to be a pretty good baseline especially dialing in the Trueforce. Another thing I didn’t really think about when buying, but Trueforce is legit. Then down the road do yourself a favor and try Drivehub! It’s like buying a new wheel again.

Last edited:
Need some help on a Moza HGP Shifter.

@Podger is it supported by DriveHub? I read in this thread that @Supercededman had it working.

My setup:
PS5
Logitech Pro Wheel and Pedals - PS5 Version
Drive Hub latest beta 30 firmware. Wheel connected to controller port and Shifter to Accessory port.
Games: GT7, ACC and WRC10. None of the games recognizes the Shifter, but I read ACC doesn't support H-pattern on AC. GT7 is the only game that I would like the ability to use the shifter.

In GT7, I changed to Manual in options and Manual Transmission for a car that uses a H-pattern shifter. I am not sure if there are any other settings that needs to be changed. Any GT7 setup options are welcomed.

If it's not supported, I will be glad to supply any information that could help it be supported with Drive Hub.

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if Forza Motorsport has added True Force support in its latest update?

Can someone tell me where I can download the latest firmware for DriveHub?

Thanks!

Need some help on a Moza HGP Shifter.

@Podger is it supported by DriveHub? I read in this thread that @Supercededman had it working.
Maybe i could take the chance to ask for the Moza SGP as well, the sequential shifter (for PS5). I wanted a mid range one since the ones available are kinda expensive(and cant buy them here), and generic usb ones are kinda bad (have one).

Hey guys,

Finally able to make a upgrade from my TS-PC to a Direct drive system.
I'm looking into the Moza R9, but not sure if its compatible with the drivehub.

If not, I'll keep using my TS-PC for Xbox, but would love to know before purchasing if Moza works :)

Back