Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,543 comments
Hi folks,

I see that Drivehub now supports the Freejoy Simjack pedals which is great, does anyone know if it also supports the Freejoy SIMSONN pedals as well? Maybe in a beta firmware version?

Thanks for any info, cheers đź‘Ť

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered before but struggling to get a definitive answer.

I’ve been using a drive hub with a Logitech G920 and Hori controller for GT7 for a while now with no issues. Unfortunately my pedals have died so need replacement.

I was looking at Fanatec CSL pedals as replacement. My question is is it possible to run these pedals with a G920 wheel and Drivehub for GT7? If so is it plug and play?

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered before but struggling to get a definitive answer.

I’ve been using a drive hub with a Logitech G920 and Hori controller for GT7 for a while now with no issues. Unfortunately my pedals have died so need replacement.

I was looking at Fanatec CSL pedals as replacement. My question is is it possible to run these pedals with a G920 wheel and Drivehub for GT7? If so is it plug and play?

Thanks
This is basic info, you could look into drivehub webpage to look for it, it even haz a configuration wizard to tell you how to connect what you want. But yes, thats the whole point of the adapter using cross brands wheels and accesories.

Anyone know if Moza R12 is supported? I can see that R5 is in the compatibility list, but can't see anyone here talking about the R12. Am going to upgrade from my T300 to an R12 but would like to still be able to use it with PS if possible. Ordered an ES-X wheel, so Xbox is my main use-case, PS is not a deal-breaker, just a nice to have, would I be better served by a ras1ution2?

Last edited:
Hi, forza motorsport player here.
I've been enjoying using the drive hub with my logitech g pro wheel and the th8a shifter. It seems the latest firmware update for the g pro wheel (133.6.106) has screwed something up with the drive hub. Now when I am in game, the buttons on the wheel are unresponsive or extremely delayed. when trying to race, the wheel is basically un-useable as it has no feedback and all inputs are delayed or overboosted. I have tried drive hub firmware 2.1.2 beta 30 through beta 35 and I tried 2.1.1 but neither resolve the issue. I have confirmed this issue seems isolated to the wheel because the same issue is present in ACC.

has anyone else experienced this?

Is it possible to use a ps5 g pro wheel with g27 pedals + shifter and have the buttons and paddles on the g pro wheel work? I have g pro in ps5 mode and plugged into the controller port. Then the g27 with pedals and shifter connected is plugged into wheel/controller port. G pro wheel works for steering and ffb but everything else I have to use the g27 shifter buttons as none of the g pro buttons work.

Eventually I’ll grab the g pro pedals but in the mean time I’m trying to get the most use out of what I already have.

Edit: looks like both drivehub and Logitech offer adapters that let me use g27 pedals and shifter.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I see that Drivehub now supports the Freejoy Simjack pedals which is great, does anyone know if it also supports the Freejoy SIMSONN pedals as well? Maybe in a beta firmware version?

Thanks for any info, cheers đź‘Ť
I’d like to know this also. I’m itching to buy pedals soon.

Is SIMJACK and SIMSONN similar enough to both be compatible with drivehub? I want the black finished SIMSONN PRO on Amazon.com.

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I bought the Simagic DS-X8 shifter and I cannot get it to work on gt7. I updated Drivehub to the newest Beta but no luck. My VNM still works fine. Is the Simagic shifter not compatible yet? So bummed...

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I bought the Simagic DS-X8 shifter and I cannot get it to work on gt7. I updated Drivehub to the newest Beta but no luck. My VNM still works fine. Is the Simagic shifter not compatible yet? So bummed...
Following. It’s supposed to be compatible. I was planning to buy one soon too.
Have you tried changing usb ports? Maybe it needs a powered usb hub? Just guessing.

I've tried everything I can think of. The shifter works fine on my laptop in the Simagic calibration software and the little green light is lit when plugged into the Drivehub. In GT7 the gear selector stays in neutral and nothing happens. If I plug the VNM in, the RGB light comes on immediately and gears register like normal. It really seems like the Simagic isn't compatible yet. A few beta tests have the Drivehub showing G P r o twice then S H I F T E R so I thought for sure it would work. I tried beta 30-35 and the newest update, too. Sigh....

I tried a powered usb hub today and it also didn't work. I'm out of ideas. @Podger do you know if the Simagic DS-X8 will work with Drivehub and GT7? I used the most recent Beta. It's a brand new shifter and it calibrated/works fine on my laptop. Thank you!

I tried a powered usb hub today and it also didn't work. I'm out of ideas. @Podger do you know if the Simagic DS-X8 will work with Drivehub and GT7? I used the most recent Beta. It's a brand new shifter and it calibrated/works fine on my laptop. Thank you!
Also noticed my Simagic DS-X8 shifter (just received) not quite working with Drivehub beta 30-35 +PS5+GT7 (but registers fine on PC - no updates required).
I can actually get Reverse in H mode, but 1st and 2nd gear seem to behave as if it were in sequential mode. The Seq mode itself didn't seem to work at all

Hi, forza motorsport player here.
I've been enjoying using the drive hub with my logitech g pro wheel and the th8a shifter. It seems the latest firmware update for the g pro wheel (133.6.106) has screwed something up with the drive hub. Now when I am in game, the buttons on the wheel are unresponsive or extremely delayed. when trying to race, the wheel is basically un-useable as it has no feedback and all inputs are delayed or overboosted. I have tried drive hub firmware 2.1.2 beta 30 through beta 35 and I tried 2.1.1 but neither resolve the issue. I have confirmed this issue seems isolated to the wheel because the same issue is present in ACC.

has anyone else experienced this?
I did some additional testing and seems the issue is definitely isolated to the latest G Pro wheel firmware, forgot to mention I am using the xbox\pc version of the wheel. I was able to play forza motorsport 7 with my wheel and drivehub with no issues. So based on my testing, it seems the issue is isolated to games that support trueforce with the latest g pro wheel firmware.
@Podger , can you provide any insight?

Thanks ahead of time.

I did some additional testing and seems the issue is definitely isolated to the latest G Pro wheel firmware, forgot to mention I am using the xbox\pc version of the wheel. I was able to play forza motorsport 7 with my wheel and drivehub with no issues. So based on my testing, it seems the issue is isolated to games that support trueforce with the latest g pro wheel firmware.
@Podger , can you provide any insight?

Thanks ahead of time.
I sent you a message on Reddit about trying it with my PC Only version of the wheel. I was not able to recreate any of your issues. Everything seemed to work fine for me. My wheel is on the latest firmware and I'm using the latest update to Forza.

Is there any reason you are using a drivehub on the Xbox since you have an Xbox version of the wheel? I'm wondering if you are getting a conflict with that setup. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the wheel in the controller port (not the wheel/controller port) and will not need to plug an xbox controller into the controller port or any other port. You will also need the wheel in the Xbox mode for all of it to work.

I sent you a message on Reddit about trying it with my PC Only version of the wheel. I was not able to recreate any of your issues. Everything seemed to work fine for me. My wheel is on the latest firmware and I'm using the latest update to Forza.

Is there any reason you are using a drivehub on the Xbox since you have an Xbox version of the wheel? I'm wondering if you are getting a conflict with that setup. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the wheel in the controller port (not the wheel/controller port) and will not need to plug an xbox controller into the controller port or any other port. You will also need the wheel in the Xbox mode for all of it to work.

So if I have a ps5 g pro does this still stand or do I have to daisy chain off an xbox controller?

So if I have a ps5 g pro does this still stand or do I have to daisy chain off an xbox controller?
No, you would need to connect the wheel to the wheel/controller port and the xbox controller to the controller port. You need to do it this way because your wheel does not have the xbox security chip.

Hi @Yes No ,
Thanks for responding here and on reddit.

The reason I am using the drivehub is to use my thrustmaster shifter with the g pro wheel. I have the standard logitech shifter with the adapter logitech made for the pro wheel but the logitech shifter is a toy as I'm sure you know.
I have everything setup as you mentioned, wheel is plugged into the controller port on the drivehub, the shifter is plugged into the accessory port on the drivehub.
Initially I was using drivehub beta 32 and everything was working great. I started experiencing the issues with my wheel after I did the firmware update to the one that was released in July (133.6.106). Its kinda baffling that your wheel works and mine doesn't when we essentially have the same setup

Hi @Yes No ,
Thanks for responding here and on reddit.

The reason I am using the drivehub is to use my thrustmaster shifter with the g pro wheel. I have the standard logitech shifter with the adapter logitech made for the pro wheel but the logitech shifter is a toy as I'm sure you know.
I have everything setup as you mentioned, wheel is plugged into the controller port on the drivehub, the shifter is plugged into the accessory port on the drivehub.
Initially I was using drivehub beta 32 and everything was working great. I started experiencing the issues with my wheel after I did the firmware update to the one that was released in July (133.6.106). Its kinda baffling that your wheel works and mine doesn't when we essentially have the same setup
Have you tried using the drivehub without the shifter to see if the wheel performs correctly?

One other option that would be worth testing... Put your wheel in PC mode (I think the option is called platform or something like that). Plug the wheel into the wheel/controller port, plug an xbox controller into the controller port and shifter in the accessory port.

I have a Thrustmaster TH8A that I might be able to try out this weekend to see if it works for me.

Anyone know if Moza R12 is supported? I can see that R5 is in the compatibility list, but can't see anyone here talking about the R12. Am going to upgrade from my T300 to an R12 but would like to still be able to use it with PS if possible. Ordered an ES-X wheel, so Xbox is my main use-case, PS is not a deal-breaker, just a nice to have, would I be better served by a ras1ution2?

@Yes No any idea on this? I ended up buying an R12 as I mentioned, so now trying to figure out whether I should buy a drivehub or ras1ution?

Have you tried using the drivehub without the shifter to see if the wheel performs correctly?

One other option that would be worth testing... Put your wheel in PC mode (I think the option is called platform or something like that). Plug the wheel into the wheel/controller port, plug an xbox controller into the controller port and shifter in the accessory port.

I have a Thrustmaster TH8A that I might be able to try out this weekend to see if it works for me.
@Yes No Thanks for the suggestion and helping out thus far.
I tried using the wheel in PC mode (wheel plugged into the wheel\controller port and xbox controller plugged into the controller port) to play forza motorsport and I had some success. Using the wheel this way the face buttons (A,B,X,Y, thumbstick etc) on the wheel work without any delay and have full responsiveness. The one thing I did notice is the game is not properly detecting the wheel because the True Force settings under the advanced wheel settings is missing. Aside from that, the wheel and shifter work as expected

I decided to try the wheel in xbox mode again so I left the game running, shut the wheel and the controller off, disconnected the wheel and drive hub from my console then reconnected them as I normally would in xbox mode. The issue with the face buttons not being responsive immediately came back. When I am in the game menu's and I use the face buttons, sometimes there is a delay, sometimes nothing happens at all and sometimes pressing something once cause it to register several inputs. I turned on my controller to naviate the menu's and start a race and once I was in the race, the wheel and shifter were both working! While I was racing I was able to use the thumbstick to open and navigate through the differente telemetry screens with no issue and the true force settings under advance wheel settings was there.

This is definitely some progress and I have a work around to use the wheel and shifter. Hopefully @Podger can further investigate and release a new beta firmware for the drivehub to address this issue. let me know if you get a chance to test anything out on your end

Hello, all. I'm checking if anyone has successfully used the Simagic shifter or P1000 pedals with Drivehub & GT7. I emailed Collective Minds support about a week ago but they didn't reply and Podger seems to be MIA. I have a 30 day return window for the shifter but I'm holding onto hope this will be resolved.

@damak526 when you were in PC mode, did you check compatability mode to see if it's maybe in G923 mode instead of being in G Pro mode?
@Yes No
I just tested again and I can confirm, my wheel is not in the G923 compatibility mode when I connect it in PC mode. Oddly the game disables modifying the vibration scale under advanced wheel settings, that's something that's disabled only when a trueforce wheel is detected, even the tooltip for that setting indicates that so it's seems to be halfway working g

Back