Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I see they finally added a city track or "town" track...Add another 6-8 of them and il get on this again!
There are six variants of this one, Edinburgh - and finally? I really think it probably took them most of the time since launch to model something this complex ;)

Evo have made all new tracks free, only the cars and single player events are paid DLC. This is a good way of ensuring that everyone can race online without limitations on not owning tracks. Good for them for sticking to that approach.

It's the approach that ALL games should take, but too many companies don't care if the playerbase gets divided as long as they can make a profit.

Hmm, 6 events and 5 trophies, I wonder what we'll get! (not the usual 11 events and 5 trophies). Assuming it's still 45 stars worth, I'm guessing one could be a long championship....... :)

I think they'll be more like the AMG tour, that is, short but difficult to get all stars on.

Bentley Bus Drivers need not apply haha

Gonna love watching those fools trying to smash there way around this hairpin.

View attachment 513109

I wish the RAMM Squad all the best......looooooooooosssssssssseeerrrrrs
As an avid Bentley driver, I do not ram people off the road, and my club does not ram people off the road in the Bentley.

I think they'll be more like the AMG tour, that is, short but difficult to get all stars on.

AMG tour is 11 events though. All-Stars is 6 events, but for 27 stars (and fewer trophies?). They'd better be tough if that's all we get!

edit: yep, only 3 trophies for All-Stars tour. So this time we get Something Different.... or it's just a typo :lol:

Last edited:
I can't decide if I'm more excited for the new tracks or the hardcore mode. Assuming I enjoy the hardcore mode (there's of course the chance that I won't, and it also remains to be seen if it's an addition that's only really suited for wheel users - I probably still can't be bothered to bring my underwhelming T100 out of retirement) it's likely to make the game feel new again like no other things could. Except maybe adding bikes or something far fetched like that.

looks nice!

I'M COMING HOME BOYS!!
latest

Can't wait to race through Embra, aye.

Last edited:
As an avid Bentley driver, I do not ram people off the road, and my club does not ram people off the road in the Bentley.

You know full well who i'm talking about, as for you bucking the trend of a typical Bus driver as i haven't come across you i can't make that judgement, as you've felt the need to pipe up for you and your club mates poses a question or two.

I can only appologise as you sir are thing of such rarity. :D

I can see why they have been quiet the last month, looks like they were concentrating mainly on finishing the 6 tracks and all those buildings, and also getting the type R in this update;). Lets hope for more hot hatches to even it up a bit and no news on at least one new Ford, pretty much one of the last few manufacturers left not to get on Drive Club yet? :odd:

I can't wait to Drive those new tracks and will probably get both DLC for £6 to support Evo and try them all out as the tracks are Free and no DLC last month it seems good value still.

@MeanElf Just think of all those new Scenery shots of the buildings and New views :cheers:

Last edited:
Can we ditch the clubs aspect and just race 1 on 1 yet?

Will be interesting to see if the Hardcore mode plus City track makes this feel like PGR. PGR2 had Edinburgh and it was incredible but for me Driveclub just couldnt manage to live up to it's PGR status that alot of people put on it before release.

The Scotland - Old Town location looks stunning. Simply stunning. New tracks will breathe new life into DRIVECLUB for me as I haven't played in a month anyway. The new cars look like fun too, so I better start deciding which car I will be trialling the new layouts with. The Ferrari 488 GTB is a definite though!

The Scotland - Old Town location looks stunning. Simply stunning. New tracks will breathe new life into DRIVECLUB for me as I haven't played in a month anyway. The new cars look like fun too, so I better start deciding which car I will be trialling the new layouts with. The Ferrari 488 GTB is a definite though!

I think I'll tackle the new tracks with the C-X75 first.

I will try out a hot hatch round them first with the handbrake at the ready (probably the little Audi) and hardcore mode to see how it makes it round them all and then get to the big FWD/RWD cars, I hope there is a long point to point with all those hills in the clip :)

Can we ditch the clubs aspect and just race 1 on 1 yet?

Will be interesting to see if the Hardcore mode plus City track makes this feel like PGR. PGR2 had Edinburgh and it was incredible but for me Driveclub just couldnt manage to live up to it's PGR status that alot of people put on it before release.

You can do 1v1 races against the AI in Single Race.

"No Limits," huh?

Will there need to be "blueprints" or time-limited events to earn those cars and "fuel" to race them? Oh, and will the races be 30 seconds long?

You know full well who i'm talking about, as for you bucking the trend of a typical Bus driver as i haven't come across you i can't make that judgement, as you've felt the need to pipe up for you and your club mates poses a question or two.

I can only appologise as you sir are thing of such rarity. :D
Honest to god, we make fun of it the whole time we use it, with over exaggerated British accents, which is weird because we win nearly ever race we use it.

One thing I picked up from the trailer was the classic turbo blow off noise that the Skyline GTR makes. In real life it sounds like bliss and in the trailer the sound has been caught nicely.

I'm curious to hear how Evo has captured the sound for this car since not a lot of games get the RB26 sound correct according to my ears. Gran Turismo was close but no cigar and Forza sounded off.

Back